collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BJD search help  (Read 2652 times)

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: BJD search help
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 01:39:11 PM »
I don't want you to feel bad or anything, it's a mistake that happens. but now you know for the future! and i hope you go with getting your money back instead of supporting recasting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 06:50:25 PM »
Chill out folks, put away the pitchforks! We don’t even know if the doll is a recast. Furthermore, wether you individually support them or not, recasts are allowed on the arena.

Karen, whatever you decide I hope this experience doesn’t sour you on BJDs. While there are forums that are strictly anti-recast there are also plenty of places that tolerate them. You should never be made to feel ashamed for buying a doll. And that’s what it is, a doll. Not a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal :-)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 07:30:06 AM »
Dropping the usual warning due to the recast subject. :bunny:
Dollhouse Mod, Cherry

Karen, welcome to the wide world of Ball Jointed Dolls! :P I hope that you have enjoyed the ride so far! LOL I hate to hear that you have discovered the existence of recast dolls so unexpectedly. However, I do believe that you have a good grasp now on what you may be dealing with, both with your seller and your current dealings as well as how the community reacts when the subject is broached. Yes, ma'am, the subject of recasts is extremely controversial within the BJD community. You will find individuals with all kinds of perspectives on the subject and I personally believe the more information that is available the better advised a new collector can be when making a purchase.

As an eBay seller and buyer, I would advise you to continue to follow the course that you have chosen; contact the seller and be sure of what you have purchased. Chances are high that if you can find the same doll from a licensed company dealer and the cost is considerably higher than what you have paid, you have indeed purchased a recast doll. While it is certainly within your rights to purchase a recast doll and while you are allowed to post about it here at the Arena, as mentioned, many doll sites will not allow you to post recasts and the mere subject is often rather taboo. And, obviously, even here the subject is treated extremely carefully and nine out of ten times we moderators end up locking threads within a couple of pages because the conversations tend to get heated fairly quickly causing all types of feels for everyone. :huh:

All that being said (whew!) I do hope that you are happy with whatever outcome you end up in! Ball jointed dolls are a whole new and different type of collecting experience and for some people, BJD becomes the grail of all collections! <3 I hope that you enjoy the hobby!!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 10:26:36 AM »
It is rather interesting how the train sped off in one direction without 100% of the facts but it's the internet and people have feelings, passions and ideals they need to express and share. I'm not really upset, just more puzzled.  It may be more the lectury feel that bothered me, I think if I were a newbie member of the arena for a few months I might take it differently.

But take into consideration I been in the MLP online collecting community since...96-97ish, been collecting ponies since 1983, have attended meet and fairs. I'm not exactly a jonny come lately to this community.

While I get the passion some are expressing and that there seems to be a need by collectors to police the system of BJD's; I'd also like a little levity given to my situation. So I do hope before more folks tell me what they think I should do or insist on me doing one thing over another that my initial request wasn't about recasts, it sort of morphed into that and while I appreciate the help the total turn of the discussion in both lecture and almost voting on what I should do seems a little excessive to me.

I'd like to thank everyone for they're input. I appreciate KCherry coming in and posting and the information y'all have imparted to me.

Let me help with a couple of things that have been reiterated a few times by multiple people: As far as BJD forums and me joining them, That more than likely isn't going to happen. So the idea of me being shunned by the doll collecting community isn't exactly high up on the list of things I'm worried about.

As far as me sharing pictures of my ponies, dolls or other toys I have in my collection, that happens from time to time but I'm a long time MLP collector and I don't generally feel the need to bombard everyone once a day with pictures of my stuff, or ask for price checks or to discuss for the 20th time which pony is my favorite. Be there done that - I pop into the forums but as most of you can notice from my post count, I'm not filling the site with posts.

Anyway, I think I can handle this situation and again I appreciate the advice but I hope people will let me deal with my own thing from here on out without feeling the need to insist I do one thing or another or decide to criticize me. If the seller gives me the info I'm requesting then it's not really anyone's business if I do or do not keep the doll.

:good:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:30:42 AM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »
:hug: <3 I hope you can sort out the situation to your liking.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 01:20:54 PM »
Whatever you decide it is your choice. I hope you will be able to enjoy BJD's no matter what!  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 02:01:26 PM »
I love dollies of all types  too :)  I love learning all the different details about a doll line... 

And yes if she stays with you, we'd love to see some photos :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »
*hugs* I hope I wasn’t preachy, I’d hate to have hurt your feelings. I hope you enjoy your new found hobby and your ponies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal