collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BJD search help  (Read 2617 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
BJD search help
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
Hi guys,

I have a question. I have recently purchased a BJD. I haven't received her yet but she will be coming nude and wigless when she arrives. My issue is I'm not sure what the best way to go about searching for clothing for her?

She is a 1/6 Bjd Doll SD Irene 1/6 BB doll - I believe iplehouse is the manufacturer.

While Iplehouse has some nice clothing it looks like for the Irene size there isn't a whole lot to choose from and the ones available I don't particularly like.

Is there a standard sizing I can go by for BJD's? I'm not sure what SD in the description actually means. Is that a particular size of the doll or does that mean something else? How do most of you with BJD go about finding the right clothing for them if you're not buying from the manufacturer of the doll?

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: BJD search help
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
I have so much trouble with this, even now that I have a few! My brain does not like all the conflicting acronyms. I find that this website is Very helpful when picking out sizing
http://www.dollsmagazine.com/ball-jointed-dolls-body-sizes/
SD means super dolfie, and generally refers to big dolls, ~60cm. 1/6 dolls are usually called "Barbie size" and sometimes Barbie clothes will fit them, or stretchy ken clothes. You might want to look up joining denofangels, I know they're a bit particular but there's good resources there.

I found that apparently these things fit iplehouse KIDS:
Stretchy Ken tops
Tonner 16" clothes
Minifee skirts
Ellowyne Wilde
Littlefee/yosd shoes
Some MSD dresses

As for wigs, they use a 3-4,4-5,5-6,6-7...etc sizing basis. It's in inches. I think iplehouse kids wear 6/7s. This website is also very good for that. http://beautifullycustom.com/wig-size-chart/

I hope you find some good clothes for your lady! Congrats on bringing her home!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:58:55 AM »
Where did you buy her? I mean, the manufacturer is always clear unless the doll is a recast, in which case they often drop every search term they can into the sales post and sometimes don't include the real manufacturer clearly.

Also, SD and 1/6 are really different sizes. SD is 60cm-ish class while Irene is about 35cm.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 10:37:23 AM »
Where did you buy her? I mean, the manufacturer is always clear unless the doll is a recast, in which case they often drop every search term they can into the sales post and sometimes don't include the real manufacturer clearly.

Also, SD and 1/6 are really different sizes. SD is 60cm-ish class while Irene is about 35cm.

I thought that was weird too. I hope you got her from a reputable seller :  (

wishlist

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »

I purchased the doll on ebay, and the seller is in china.

I asked questions before I purchased and they answered promptly, etc. They sent me more information about the sizes of the doll just a little while ago.
The doll size:

Height: 34.5cm
Head circumference: 17.5cm
Neck circumference: 6.8cm
Bust: 14.9cm
Arm length: 12.5CM
Shoulder: 7cm
Waist: 13.5cm
Arm circumference: 4cm
Pelvis around: 17.8cm
Thigh: 10cm
Ankle circumference: 4.5cm
Foot length: 4cm

The doll offered will have it's faceup/facepainted and they allowed me to choose the color of the eyes.

I found that apparently these things fit iplehouse KIDS:
Stretchy Ken tops
Tonner 16" clothes
Minifee skirts
Ellowyne Wilde
Littlefee/yosd shoes
Some MSD dresses

As for wigs, they use a 3-4,4-5,5-6,6-7...etc sizing basis. It's in inches. I think iplehouse kids wear 6/7s. This website is also very good for that. http://beautifullycustom.com/wig-size-chart/

I hope you find some good clothes for your lady! Congrats on bringing her home!

I have ellowyne Wilde and other tonner 16" dolls. As even though Ellowyne and Tyler are both 16" they cannot wear the same clothing. Plus with them it's easier to buy clothing as there were not a huge number of variations with Tonner's dolls to being confused on which clothing fit which doll.

Ellowyne is larger than Tyler so it's possible that new doll I'm getting can wear Ellowyne. I'll take the measurements they sent me to compare with Ellowyne's body size to see if it'll work. Since I have Ellowyne wigs and clothing I can also test those once I get the doll to see if that size fits.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »

I purchased the doll on ebay, and the seller is in china.

I asked questions before I purchased and they answered promptly, etc. They sent me more information about the sizes of the doll just a little while ago.
The doll size:

Height: 34.5cm
Head circumference: 17.5cm
Neck circumference: 6.8cm
Bust: 14.9cm
Arm length: 12.5CM
Shoulder: 7cm
Waist: 13.5cm
Arm circumference: 4cm
Pelvis around: 17.8cm
Thigh: 10cm
Ankle circumference: 4.5cm
Foot length: 4cm

The doll offered will have it's faceup/facepainted and they allowed me to choose the color of the eyes.

Does your doll come with a certificate of authenticity from iplehouse..? If she doesn't, she's probably a recast  :  (

wishlist

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:38:27 PM »
Does your doll come with a certificate of authenticity from iplehouse..? If she doesn't, she's probably a recast  :  (

Being new to these kind of dolls i wasnt exactly sure what you meant since the closest i have to bjd are ellowynes or some of my other standar dolls like ever after high or some barbies or bratz, etc. Im a long time toy collector but have never ventured into these kinds of dolls so i had to do a google search for recast to know exactly what you guys meant.

So it sounds like ive sort of bought a fakie mlp  :P

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:22 PM »

Being new to these kind of dolls i wasnt exactly sure what you meant since the closest i have to bjd are ellowynes or some of my other standar dolls like ever after high or some barbies or bratz, etc. Im a long time toy collector but have never ventured into these kinds of dolls so i had to do a google search for recast to know exactly what you guys meant.

a recast is when a third-party company steals the mold of a real bjd and sells it for less money. real companies always give a "Certificate of authenticity" with their dolls, and it's highly frowned upon to buy a doll that doesnt have one, as it could be a recast, which harms artists and takes money away from the people who created it. At least in doll communities that are pro-artist, like myself.

It is kind of like buying a fakie, yes. but I feel like there is more harm in buying a 'fakie' bjd since they are art pieces, not really toys. they're for collecting and displaying, and cost hundreds of dollars to produce and make.

wishlist

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 06:52:28 AM »

a recast is when a third-party company steals the mold of a real bjd and sells it for less money. real companies always give a "Certificate of authenticity" with their dolls, and it's highly frowned upon to buy a doll that doesnt have one, as it could be a recast, which harms artists and takes money away from the people who created it. At least in doll communities that are pro-artist, like myself.

It is kind of like buying a fakie, yes. but I feel like there is more harm in buying a 'fakie' bjd since they are art pieces, not really toys. they're for collecting and displaying, and cost hundreds of dollars to produce and make.
Uh-oh.... that's too bad!!!

And many BJD doll forums won't allow you to share photos or information on her, in case it inspires someone else to think that buying recasts is "acceptable".  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 09:44:58 AM »

Uh-oh.... that's too bad!!!

And many BJD doll forums won't allow you to share photos or information on her, in case it inspires someone else to think that buying recasts is "acceptable".  :(

It seems like I touched on a nerve I wasn't even aware existed when I made this purchase. Feels like a horrible person now.  :huh:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
well, just like any counterfeit purchase on Ebay, you can easily open a case, return it, get the refund and leave feedback.  Actually Ebay  is super picky about counterfeit goods so you may get more leeway from that direction... if that is something you are concerned about, I would prepare yourself to contact Ebay on the matter.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 11:29:48 AM »
Seconding contacting eBay. I don't see people pushing this enough...if someone has sold you a recast and you didn't know...take that money away from them! They will use it to make more, after all. Don't feel bad for not knowing and for well, having them decieve you. If you make it sound like it's a pain to send it back to China(which it is, tbh), eBay will likely not make you. Bootlegs are NOT allowed on eBay. They're breaking TOS anyway by selling it in the first place. When this happens to me with plush or other products, eBay has not made me send it back. Or even asked me to throw it out(worst case they ask you to throw it out. But I don't know eBay to ever follow up on this.) As others have said... unfortunately you won't be able to post in most places with that particular doll, but I don't see many who will shun you for not knowing. Especially if you buy legit from now on. I don't think that will be held against you. :(  Still sucks to have to deal with the process though. But it should be easy enough to get a refund.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 11:38:21 AM »
Third vote for returning recast-

You didn't know, and they sold you a counterfeit product.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »
Ummm, I think before I go setting the seller on fire with a ebay case, I believe it's good policy to first contact the seller about concerns and authentication. The doll hasn't even been shipped/arrived yet so there isn't anything to ship back.

I think the better course of action for me would be to communicate with seller first.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 01:29:36 PM »
:hug: Don't feel bad about it Karen, you didn't know and it's an easy mistake to make, it's not your fault. I hope you can work everything out :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal