collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom trailer is out  (Read 803 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom trailer is out
« on: December 08, 2017, 06:02:26 PM »
Guys, I love dinosaurs.  I really do.  I've loved the Jurassic Park films.  However, I hate how they all devolve into horror movies with people fighting for their lives and the blood and gore.
I want a film about a young boy who secretly hatches a triceratops egg on his family's farm and raised it up, only to have the small town's citizens and the government find them out and the family has to go on the run and find a safe place for the dino.
I want a heartwarming dino story. 
Guys, there is going to be a lot of dino death on Fallen Kingdom.  The trailer was difficult to watch near the end.  Die by volcano or plummet into the sea and drown. 
I'm excited for another film in the franchise, and I know it's all fake, computer animation and not real animals.
 But it's gonna be sad y'all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom trailer is out
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »
The trailer appears to be VERY spoilery, because for whatever reason movie trailers just love spoiling big scenes??

Either way, very excited. Though if Rexy dies....  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 07:57:17 PM »
I love dinos too. I didn't care much for Jurassic World, I thought it was far too hokey :huh:

Nothing can be better than the original film. I'm also a fan of Disney's Dinosaur, even if it tells the same old story. Maybe because the main character is an Iguanodon and it's one of my favorites.

There's a movie on Netflix that's kinda like what you described, except it's a big pig/cow creature not a dino. I forget what it's called. I've been meaning to watch it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »
I love dinos too. I didn't care much for Jurassic World, I thought it was far too hokey :huh:

Nothing can be better than the original film. I'm also a fan of Disney's Dinosaur, even if it tells the same old story. Maybe because the main character is an Iguanodon and it's one of my favorites.

There's a movie on Netflix that's kinda like what you described, except it's a big pig/cow creature not a dino. I forget what it's called. I've been meaning to watch it.

That's Okja, but it's also sort of vegan propganda. Good movie if you don't mind all that!

There are other good dino films out there, and I love Disney's Dinosaur too. One of my favorites is a japanese anime film called "You Are Umasou". The dinosaurs are VERY stylized, barely resembling actual dinosaurs, but it's a very sweet film.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »
I've been waiting for this to drop and it doesn't disappoint.  The SPFX look amazing, and it's great seeing old faces again. All the feels and you'll understand if you've watched the first film...feels. Nice to see the menacing undertone is back because this isn't Disneyland boys n girls. Also, if you watch the behind the scenes short which does spoil a few things...Stan Winston's legacy lives on. That right there had me in tears,keeping it classy JP.

Also, that film you'd love to see is basically the plot of the book The Enormous Egg by Oliver Butterworth. One of my childhood favorite books featuring my favorite dinosaur.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:18:41 PM by Sky_Rocket_Sammie »

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 01:18:15 AM »
I LOVED the trailer. Had to close my eyes a bit as it spoiled but the setting and lightning and mood took me right back to the original film and made me so fuzzy! I also love that they used animatronix and don't rely totally on cgi. Makes it so much more believable.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 02:07:29 PM »
We enjoyed the trailer, definitely looking forward to the movie.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 05:21:59 PM »
Also, that film you'd love to see is basically the plot of the book The Enormous Egg by Oliver Butterworth. One of my childhood favorite books.
One of my favorite childhood books too.  :biggrin:

I wish someone would make that movie.  Or maybe I don't... they'd probably end up replacing the Triceratops with a T. rex or a Velociraptor.  Which would then eat everyone.  Except the boy, because he's the one who needs to be rescued by the action hero movie star.

Sigh.  On a side note, Jurassic World was the first film in the franchise I didn't see in theaters.  I'll probably wait for this one to hit HBO too.  The first two were great, the third was silly, and they lost me entirely with the fourth 'we ran out of bigger carnivores so we'll just make one up!' gimmick.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 05:46:58 PM »
I am excited to see this! :)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 10:37:05 PM »
Also, that film you'd love to see is basically the plot of the book The Enormous Egg by Oliver Butterworth. One of my childhood favorite books.
One of my favorite childhood books too.  :biggrin:

I wish someone would make that movie.  Or maybe I don't... they'd probably end up replacing the Triceratops with a T. rex or a Velociraptor.  Which would then eat everyone.  Except the boy, because he's the one who needs to be rescued by the action hero movie star.

Sigh.  On a side note, Jurassic World was the first film in the franchise I didn't see in theaters.  I'll probably wait for this one to hit HBO too.  The first two were great, the third was silly, and they lost me entirely with the fourth 'we ran out of bigger carnivores so we'll just make one up!' gimmick.

Come on who wouldn't want a baby of either of those...problem is they grow fast and aren't house friendly. :P And that makes me think of Grimlock in the latest Transformers movie. Love it or hate that one it's still a funny scene. Especially if you've ever owned pets.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal