collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: do you "play" with your ponies?  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: do you "play" with your ponies?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »
It surprises me how many people like taking pictures of their ponies. I prefer to admire them "in person". It's not like they are alive and do anything special like a child does for example. To me it just seems pointless to take picfures of ponies. The only time I take pictures of ponies is when I put them up for sale or use one as a profile picture or a brag. I believe I only have a few "random" pictures of ponies.
I'm going to be super honest and say the only reason I take pictures of ponies (unless it's to post them somewhere) is so I have an excuse to play with them. Like, if I take my ponies out in the snow to see ponies in the snow, I'll put them there, and then they'll just be there, and then it's time to go home. If I'm taking a picture, I actually have to think about composition and stuff, and it feels like I'm doing it for a purpose. I'm not being a weirdo playing with ponies, I'm making art! I love playing as long as it's art :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2017, 02:11:05 PM »
Photos are so much fun. For me doing a photo shoot is like playing. Find/make the scene, mess around with 'scenarios' and take lots of pictures, and playing with filters. I really need to re-upload some of my pony photos!

I agree. I was so happy to hear others play with their ponies this way. I love posing them and making a cute scene.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »
No, I don't play with my ponies in the real sense. I like to take photo's of my new ponies when they arrive all dirty and messed up, and then while they are having their spa day. Then another after their spa day.

I just love choosing them new ribbons from my ribbon box. All ponies of all gens get ribbons in my house. I will pull out a random selection of ponies every so often and give them a spa day just because. Yes, I am looking at you Star Catcher.

Same here with the ribbons.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »
If styling their hair and posing them for pictures counts, then yes, I play with my ponies!

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 01:09:15 AM »
For me there's no pretend play involved.  As the OP has said, play for me really just involves arranging and photographing my collection. 

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 01:42:58 AM »
I don’t play with them exactly, but I do like making cute
setups with them.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2017, 02:33:12 AM »
In my early 20's, when I first got back into collecting, I would carry baby Tic Tac Toe in my pocket when I went walking in the woods.  Wish they had fancy camera smartphones way back then, I could have taken tons of photos of her exploring.

Ive found myself often doing that with Baby Lilly Drop. It’s so fun to stick her somewhere unexpected.

Ponyfan

I do this. My sister and I used to do it when we were kids, taking ponies and Jem dolls on holiday and taking photos of them, and I still do it sometimes. I took Tropical Breeze to Austria and Slovakia, and she has some nice photos from there. I also bought my first G4 ponies in Finland and since then I have a tradition of buying G4 ponies when I visit a new place, so I have pictures of Applejack in Porvoo and Helsinki, Starlight Glimmer was in Vienna, Cadance went exploring around Prague and Blossomforth got rescued from a big hypermarket in Lisbon, although most of the pictures I have of her are in the hotel with...Fluttsi.

Fluttsi is a Fluttershy (the one with rainbow hair and breezie) that my sister gave me as a mascot to take with me to Japan. Apparently she was supposed to bring me luck and take care of me on my travels ;) I have well over 300 pictures of Fluttsi in Japan. She's been to the snow of Mt Fuji, the temples of Kyoto, the beaches of Miyajima and the waterfall in Kobe..she's even visited the graves of samurai. She also came to Lisbon with me and played in the sand at Belem, among other places. I guess that having Fluttsi really renewed my enthusiasm for taking pony photos, as G4 ponies are perfectly sized for those kinds of trips.

Some of Fluttsi's adventures in Japan are documented in this thread:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385952.msg1637467.html#msg1637467
Though I never did get around to doing anything with the bulk of them, which were her adventures in Kyoto, where I was living. Maybe one day, when I don't have chapter deadlines :/

Most recently my sister and I were both home in the snow so we took pictures of her glittery Applejack and my Snowcatcher playing out in the snow (hence my avatar). We also have some photos of them 'helping' to decorate the tree (more actually decorating poor Dasher, who also arrived in the snow xd)

So I don't play with my ponies. But I do love taking fun photos with them, so I guess that's how it manifests in me too these days :D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2017, 12:47:46 PM »
Sometimes I like to rearrange my pony collection and make up which ponies are related to each other, or dating or friends. Masquerade and Skydancer are currently next to each other on my bookshelf, I think they're sisters. Sometimes I like imagine what their personalities might be based on their pose - Milky Way with her upward tilted head seems kind of smug, but in a playful and not mean way, and Pink dreams is graceful and shy, for instance. Sometimes I put them in my dream castle, or smooth out their hair.  Recently I stuck a bunch of battery operated votives in my Dream Castle and arranged appropriately celestial themed ponies inside it, then took pictures in the dark. Other than that, though, playing pretend with ponies is a thing of the past for me. Which is fine! I like them just fine as bright room decor that's nostalgic and cute.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
Sometimes I like to rearrange my pony collection and make up which ponies are related to each other, or dating or friends. Masquerade and Skydancer are currently next to each other on my bookshelf, I think they're sisters. Sometimes I like imagine what their personalities might be based on their pose - Milky Way with her upward tilted head seems kind of smug, but in a playful and not mean way, and Pink dreams is graceful and shy, for instance. Sometimes I put them in my dream castle, or smooth out their hair.  Recently I stuck a bunch of battery operated votives in my Dream Castle and arranged appropriately celestial themed ponies inside it, then took pictures in the dark. Other than that, though, playing pretend with ponies is a thing of the past for me. Which is fine! I like them just fine as bright room decor that's nostalgic and cute.

That looks so cute! Thanks for the idea I have those battery lights too :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2017, 02:51:54 PM »
That looks wonderful Purple Glasses!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2017, 09:26:49 PM »
Aw thanks you guys! If you stick lights in your dream castle let me know!

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 08:23:28 AM »
I used to do a lot of scenes and stuff that I'd photograph or leave up to enjoy-- I did a cute winter one like ten years ago, I should track down pics of it. those are fun cause you can arrange the ponies into families, groups of friends, etc, so it's kind of like playing!
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Pinkie_Pies_BFF

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2018, 06:32:31 AM »
I just take pictures of them, honestly. I'm not really bright enough to come up with my own stories.  ^^;

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »
My objective is to get a nice setup and take photos of my ponies, but for now I make them pretty. Every now and again I'll change my desk buddy and make her run across my desk if I want a break or something :P I sometimes play around with them, but it's all in my head - I wish I could play pretend like I did as a child, I remember huge epic adventures and giving each pony a voice (an imitating the ones from the cartoon as best I could). However, I do give each of my ponies a personality and a backstory, so there's that.
Call me Pixie!

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2018, 03:10:18 PM »
I'm actually trying to take up the habit of interacting with my ponies more. Ive been collecting on and off for years and always just had them set up in rows on shelves.

One of my new years intentions is to post a pic on my new pony Instagram every day! Sometimes it's just a shelf-pic, but I hope to slowly get more and more creative with my set ups, do little scenes, ect. Just buying ponies to sit them on a shelf has always felt like a waste to me personally (no judgement) so I'm hoping to get more involved with my collection and find new ways to play. I think its probably great for adults to flex their imaginations!
Back after at least 4 years away!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal