collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: do you "play" with your ponies?  (Read 2885 times)

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
do you "play" with your ponies?
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:50:59 PM »
I'm 32 years old and have, in the past during my adulthood, considered sitting down and playing with my ponies like I did when I was 6 (when no one is around, of course...) but I just can't do it, haha.

but I do get to enjoy them. "grown-up" play for me is taking really lovely photos of them. it lets me touch them and put them together, and lets me appreciate their appearance (and smell... I love that pony smell, nothing like it!) and try to photograph them in a way that tells their personalities!

I used to have a few miniature items for them to be posed with, but I have no idea where those are now; but I used to enjoy setting up scenes, like for christmas.

if I was more consistent in writing, I'd love to write a dramatic epic series of stories about the ponies in my specific collection/herd with my headcanons about families and relationships and personalities, but I am waaayyy too lazy for that!

do you just admire your ponies on the shelf? interact with them another way? or just sit down and play pretend like a kid? (no judgement, I wish I could do it but I keep cringing at myself!)
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: do you "play" with your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 02:00:42 PM »
When my kid or little cousins ask me too, I will. I prefer to take cute photos.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 02:03:59 PM »
I like to interact with them. Sometimes I take them out of my boxes(Don't have a pony room yet), admire them, remember them, hold them,... I don't see any problem with playing with them. ^^ The majority of my ponies need a spa time or further restoration so when I see them, I think about it. And sure, I would take photos if I had nice background, clean ponies and some accessories.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 02:10:08 PM »
Pony play for me, too, consists mostly of posing them for photos. That said, I'm not going to pretend that I don't make up little stories in my head for how they ended up in the position they're in. I also like to just look at my shelf and imagine who's related, who's friends with who, and their hierarchy. Princess Misty is the leader on paper, but everyone knows Lady Cupcake is actually in charge. Morning Glory and Ivy are best friends (both are made of sass, but different kinds of sass), and Moonstone and Sunlight are sisters. Oh, and the fakies are a minority that faces low-key discrimination in their daily lives, even though Cupcake and Misty have told everyone that all ponies are equal. Because hey, if you're too lazy to write and too old to play pretend, just play in your head :P

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »
Not the way I used to though I wish I still could my mind just won't let me but I brush makes put bows on them and bother friends with them.also I bring yoyo and rainfeather with me everywhere and sleep cuddling plush ponies so it kinda counts

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »
Because hey, if you're too lazy to write and too old to play pretend, just play in your head :P

this is me lol

I still have the families and relationships from my childhood herd, but the families have grown! Powder and TAF Sundance will always be the matriarchs of my herd, they have been since I was like five. :heart:
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 02:41:52 PM »
I play with my ponies usually by posing them for pictures instead of brushing or combing their hair. I also am working on an epic G1 adventure story starring Applejack.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »
I enjoy the monthly grooming sessions. :good:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 03:05:24 PM »
In my early 20's, when I first got back into collecting, I would carry baby Tic Tac Toe in my pocket when I went walking in the woods.  Wish they had fancy camera smartphones way back then, I could have taken tons of photos of her exploring.

Offline MightyRose

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
I love this question! I have always wanted to ask others this myself, but have been too shy  :drunk:
I certainly do not play with ponies as I did when I was a child -they do not 'talk' aloud to one another, but I do like to take photos of them in different scenes! I also enjoy making up stories in my head about them and having spa nights where I do their hair. I also cuddle plush ponies I have and sometimes I will bring out certain ponies from my herd to my living room area while I watch tv or cook. I just enjoy looking at them, I suppose. They make me feel lighthearted and happy.
I honestly got back into collecting ponies because I found they really helped relieve my depression and anxiety on some days, so I guess I 'play' with them in that way. 
:enthralled:
G1 pony goals: Merry Treats, Powder, Sunlight, Gusty, Sugarberry, Baby Sugarberry, French Moonstone, Drink 'n' Wet Baby Ponies, Birthflower ponies, baby Rainfeather!
G3: Candy Cane, Snowflake, Mistletoe, Divine Shine ponies!
Wanting to buy LPS accessories and Breyer horses!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »
In my early 20's, when I first got back into collecting, I would carry baby Tic Tac Toe in my pocket when I went walking in the woods.  Wish they had fancy camera smartphones way back then, I could have taken tons of photos of her exploring.

Ive found myself often doing that with Baby Lilly Drop. It’s so fun to stick her somewhere unexpected.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »

Ive found myself often doing that with Baby Lilly Drop. It’s so fun to stick her somewhere unexpected.

Ponyfan

Baby yoyo and baby rainfeather (and sometimes new members of the herd) tend to go out to eat with me (yoyo and rain are what I call carry along ponies they go everywhere with me) so I have a ton of pictures of yoyo with food like big plates of whipped cream lol rainfeather I keep further from the food she is in nicer condition but I expect she'll end up in some of those photos too

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 03:31:17 PM »
Taking ponies out when I travel and taking pictures of them is the most play I do.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 03:31:48 PM »
"if I was more consistent in writing, I'd love to write a dramatic epic series of stories about the ponies in my specific collection/herd with my headcanons about families and relationships and personalities, but I am waaayyy too lazy for that!"

I do this in reverse I write stories about original characters (I have a whole herd in my head) then try desperately to get ponies that resemble them or make customs. Cotton candy made a lovely candy cloud thanks to a friend making her wings. I should really find a way to link all my pony stories for you guys

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 04:15:14 PM »
Mostly I take photos of them. I also enjoy just grabbing one every now and then and brushing their hair.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal