collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your pony head canons?  (Read 4093 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
What's your pony head canons?
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:49:51 AM »
Some of my personal headcanons are:

Baby Ember, Knight Shade, his mother and the colorful Bright Valley ponies are Dream Valley/Bright Valley crossbreds. Especially since both groups have very noticeable anatomy differences.

Beezen is a wizard who uses his magic to obtain nice homes and resell them, fully furbished. Aka, he's an unscrupulous real estate agent.

That the SHS and G2s are descendents of born-wingless Flutter Ponies, due to their slender forms and eventually formed their own community. Friendship Gardens.

That Wingers and Breezies are different species of the same family group.

Sea ponies are born/spawned in fresh water areas to keep them safe from large predators, form close-knit groups as youngsters and make their way to the sea as adults.

That G1s and G3s are biologically a little different from G2s and G4s. Just as there are different breeds of real life horses and that they have a plasticity gene that encourages different body proportions, head shapes, size, etc.

That G1s, G2s and G3s are Welsh Pony sized, while G3.5s and G4s are the size of Fallabellas.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:47:42 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: What's your pony head canons?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:36:47 AM »
aahh I've always thought of Knight Shade as a DV/Bright Valley hybrid, too!! He just looks so different compared to the other BV ponies, but he's not quite a Little Pony either..

I love these :3 Especially the Beezen one, hehe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »
Soda Sippin' ponies are actually vampire ponies.  Their jaws are fused together and the front of their mouth is like a lamprey's, just an open maw of teeth that they use to feed on their victims.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:20:10 AM »
Soda Sippin' ponies are actually vampire ponies.  Their jaws are fused together and the front of their mouth is like a lamprey's, just an open maw of teeth that they use to feed on their victims.

Head canon accepted! XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 11:37:08 AM »
G1 merponies are the last of their kind and the adult sea ponies have taken them in and raised them as their own.

G1 Applejack is brave but also impulsive

There are more creatures living in and around Dream Valley then we’ve meet through the cartoons and comics.

Sunburst is a royal advisor to Shinig Armor and Princess Cadance.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:50:11 AM »
Well @Sapphire Rain informed me of this and  I love it so much I accept it:

So-soft ponies are winter/cold climate ponies. Their fur grows thicker to help with the snow and ice.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »
Don't really have any lore headcanons, but I headcanon Baby Noddins and Baby Snookums as sisters due to their similar color schemes. Though Noddins' hair is white, while Snookums' is pink, my Snookums has faded hair, making them look even more alike in my collection!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 05:15:26 PM »
Well @Sapphire Rain informed me of this and  I love it so much I accept it:

So-soft ponies are winter/cold climate ponies. Their fur grows thicker to help with the snow and ice.

Hee hee! I try! :heart: :heart:

Here’s some more:
Seapony spawn are called ‘guppies.’

Flutter and winger ponies have a sort of vendetta against each other. Each think THEIR race is somehow superior to the other. It’s nothing too extreme but generally, if you put a flutter and winger in the same room, you can bet that each is looking at the other thinking “she sure isn’t as great as ME!”

Crystal ponies from the G4 cartoon are descendents from TEs. They’re a result of TEs breeding with non TEs, after a while the babies started coming out with certain parts made of jewel (for example hooves, horns, ears etc) until they began to have a whole layer of jewel flesh all over their bodies.

Calling another pony a ‘horse’ is considered derogatory, like calling someone a ‘moron’ in our culture.

There exists ponies that come out with both a horn and wings that are not technically considered alicorns, due to not having royal lineage or remarkably powerful magic. These types usually can either fly very well but have poor magic ability or can use magic like the average unicorn but have severely underdeveloped wings. Some whose horns are small enough can wear hats to conceal them.

Flutter ponies are born into holes in caves with structures similar to beehives. They are kept there and fed like bee larvae until their wings fully develop, at which time they emerge like butterflies. It is not uncommon for ponies to travel to Flutter Valley each Spring to witness this event.

Wingers hatch from eggs. The shells are very soft, like some reptile eggs, and attach to places like underneath old logs or near lakes. The parents take turns guarding them while the other finds food. Foals come out with their wings in little buds and they don’t come out of the buds until adulthood, when parents teach them to fly.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:19:30 PM by Sapphire Rain »
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 05:16:16 PM »

LOVE THIS.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 03:03:58 AM »

Much love for this theory!!

I am loving a lot of these ideas. I can't even remember some of the things I had written out when I was younger, I wrote a whole history of ponyland concept with how all the different species came to be. Let me see if I can remember any of it :/

I love the idea of So Softs as being designed for cold climates. That's beautiful :D

I think my concepts were hugely influenced by how the comic laid stuff out, with different ponies living in essentially different regions or countries within ponyland (ie Flutter Valley, of course, but then the Weird Wood and Whispering Wood broke up areas from one another, there was Rainbow Mountain as well, and the Mountain Boys were also living in a mountain with an old wizard...) So I guess I see Ponyland as more of a planet than a country, and that there are many different types of ponies living in different lands within it. And I have this general intergenerational theory that the mines where Rarity was held in the only G4 animated episode I actually liked are the same mines as the ones in which the Twinkle Eyes were enslaved way back in the comic era.

I tend to think of Generation 1 as the mediaeval period of pony history, although I did track back originally with some species being older than others, probably starting in the seas with the Sea Ponies, I imagine. I think I figured Wingers evolved from butterflies rather than from fish, though, and Flutter Ponies evolved from dragonflies (the French name means dragonfly-ponies) and so that's why they're so much smaller, because they evolved from small, light creatures which travel in the air not through water or on the ground. It's also why the flutters have long and elegant legs rather than stubby ones :D

My Pretty Pony is like the dinosaur of the pony world...or more like the evolutionary equivalent of the creatures that evolved into humans. Originally earth ponies, pegasus ponies and unicorn ponies evolved in different places but now most lands in ponyland are multicultural :D

Ponies are also obviously not the only species, there are fairies and mermaids and all kinds of other creatures on this planet as well.

The MLP Tales are still Generation 1 but in a sense they are a later era of G1. The Tropical Isle in their day doesn't have the Tropical Ponies, suggesting they come from an earlier era than the Sunbright family. Patch's concept of knights and stuff also fits in well with the old animated ideas of things like the Wouldbe Dragonslayer.

Generation 3 and Generation 4 mark further evolutions of pony society through later generations. Generation 4 is obviously a more modern era, in which 'Ponyland' is now 'Equestria' and appears to have been an all conquering empire. Unfortunately, despite heavy reliance on their history to actually do anything, many ponies have lost the knowledge of their forefathers and that's why Twilight and company are so bogged down in forcing everyone to become friends and why Twilight's stuck doing so much research.

You might say that Celestia could be a descendent of Majesty and that her/Twilight's Spike is a descendent of Majesty's spike. Although having seen the giant adult dragon 'Spike' GOH toy, I prefer the idea that Spike isn't a baby dragon in G4 but has had his memory and his powers sealed since G1. No reason dragons can't survive thousands of years...

So anyhow, just some of my weird concepts.

I never thought about Knight Shade and where he came from o.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 05:08:38 AM »
I think it was Al-1701 who created the idea that Spike and the dragons attendants of the princess ponies are all brothers. I really like that idea too.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 05:11:39 AM »
I dunno about Spike, but I think the comic intimates that's the case or that there's some connection by making Smokey the youngest :/ I always read it that way, anyway...

But not that they were kin to Spike.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 05:33:51 AM »
My timeliness is g1 g3 g2 3.5g4
After g1 the races separated so my little pony tail was the pony colony g3 is when the races forget about eachother then they come back together
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 07:03:07 AM »
I love the idea that the So-Softs are cold-weather ponies and that the sea ponies are taking care of the baby merponies!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »
Some head canons I dare not speak of...

But here's some of mine that I will tell:

MM Windy and Surbet are a couple and MM Windy is gender fluid. Just cause I saw them together in my mess of ponies and 'baits' then saw them together in lots and other people's grouped photos and they stuck XD

Another thing is after mine and Firemuse's army battles at pony meets, i imagined Majesty secretly hates Surprise from bringing back Spike from the "run away" hot-air balloon he was in on Surprise's backcard. Majesty sure did give her a royal "thank you" =P

That's all I can remember right now...

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal