collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your pony head canons?  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: What's your pony head canons?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
Hey Taf, who thought that Wingers evolved from fish? I'm really confused by that one.   :blink:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 01:07:32 PM »
I dunno about Spike, but I think the comic intimates that's the case or that there's some connection by making Smokey the youngest :/ I always read it that way, anyway...

But not that they were kin to Spike.

So the dragon attendants are brothers in the comics. :) I also like the idea of the Diamond Dogs holding Rarity in the sane mine as the TEs.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »
I believe Wish-I-May and Wish-I-Might are twins.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 12:24:58 PM »
Speaking of twins, I think Buttons and SS Bangles would make good twins.  They have similar color schemes and "Buttons & Bangles" sounds like a name Hasbro would give a set of Newborn Twins. :)  They don't have the same symbol, but Sleepy Head and Sleep Tight have different symbols, so there's a precedent. ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:41 PM »
Speaking of twins, I think Buttons and SS Bangles would make good twins.  They have similar color schemes and "Buttons & Bangles" sounds like a name Hasbro would give a set of Newborn Twins. :)  They don't have the same symbol, but Sleepy Head and Sleep Tight have different symbols, so there's a precedent. ;)

I can get on board with this.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 01:35:13 PM »
I believe Wish-I-May and Wish-I-Might are twins.

Me too!! :D

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »

Maybe SS Buttons and Bangles. I could see that. Not so much with regular Buttons though.

@LAW -  I meant the fact that living things evolved from sea creatures in earth evolution, and the land ponies thus probably evolved from sea ponies. Whereas the wingers would evolve instead from butterflies and flutters from dragonflies. Something like that ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »
That Glory and Rarity are related, in some way or another.
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 03:31:04 PM »

Maybe SS Buttons and Bangles. I could see that. Not so much with regular Buttons though.

@LAW -  I meant the fact that living things evolved from sea creatures in earth evolution, and the land ponies thus probably evolved from sea ponies. Whereas the wingers would evolve instead from butterflies and flutters from dragonflies. Something like that ;)
Though, cetaceans and pinnipeds evolved from land-dwelling creatures.  So, you could go either way.

Let's see

-Dream Valley is a fjord.  This both allows for the sea ponies to penetrate deep into the valley and it goes with my general idea that the G1 world is based heavily on Norse mythology.

-The World of G1 MLP is one where the Norse analog culture were the ones to becomes the great empire ruling over much of the known world and being a center of culture and science.  The empire ruled for centuries until the eruption of a super volcano that puts the world in a years long cold period.  Starving, the empire pushed southward into warmer climates.  Forces in the south took umbrage and pushed them back and eventually sacked the weakened empire as the weather warmed again.  Now, its territories are divided among many city-states and much of it has been retaken by the wilds.

-The Ancients were a highly advanced race that ruled over the world millions of years ago.  Nothing is known of their culture or even biology.  Skeletons found alongside their artifacts suggest some cross between reptile and mammal (unlike the completely reptilian dragons).  Much of their ruins still standing are from earlier in their presence when they used all stone.  However, artifacts have shown them to possess technology millennia ahead of the modern races.  Unfortunately, none seems to be functional.  Maybe there are some buried facilities that were protected from the ravages and time and the elemryents.

-People use solei quartz crystals for light.  These crystals can absorb sunlight and then glow for about 60 times the length of exposure.  Light fixtures use mirrored shutters to close them off and conserve their energy when not in use.  It's often a village affair when there is a day of fair weather to put our their crystals to charge.

-Earth ponies have the power of geomancy.  Through their hooves, they can feel the properties of the ground underneath them.  They're close to nature and plant life, able to work a kind of power on the soil to help them grow.  Their hooves are also diamond hard and they have the best physical strength and stamina of the three primary breeds.

-Pegasi are built to be light, weighing about 90% that of a ground pony of the similar size.  Their skeletons have a structure much like carbon fiber to lighten them without compromising strength and durability.  Their sternum is larger than in other ponies and three separate muscle groups attach to it.  Their hooves have thinner hulls and spongier innards to both reduce weight and provide a cushion for landing.  They are the most resilient of the breeds, healing faster and being the least prone to disease.  They also has survive the widest extremes of temperature and pressure.

-Unicorns are actually the weakest of the breeds.  They don't have the strength of earth ponies or resilience of pegasi.  They make up for this by wielding magic.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »

Ohhh.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 12:33:45 AM »

Though, cetaceans and pinnipeds evolved from land-dwelling creatures.  So, you could go either way.

Let's see

-Dream Valley is a fjord.  This both allows for the sea ponies to penetrate deep into the valley and it goes with my general idea that the G1 world is based heavily on Norse mythology.

-The World of G1 MLP is one where the Norse analog culture were the ones to becomes the great empire ruling over much of the known world and being a center of culture and science.  The empire ruled for centuries until the eruption of a super volcano that puts the world in a years long cold period.  Starving, the empire pushed southward into warmer climates.  Forces in the south took umbrage and pushed them back and eventually sacked the weakened empire as the weather warmed again.  Now, its territories are divided among many city-states and much of it has been retaken by the wilds.

-The Ancients were a highly advanced race that ruled over the world millions of years ago.  Nothing is known of their culture or even biology.  Skeletons found alongside their artifacts suggest some cross between reptile and mammal (unlike the completely reptilian dragons).  Much of their ruins still standing are from earlier in their presence when they used all stone.  However, artifacts have shown them to possess technology millennia ahead of the modern races.  Unfortunately, none seems to be functional.  Maybe there are some buried facilities that were protected from the ravages and time and the elemryents.

-People use solei quartz crystals for light.  These crystals can absorb sunlight and then glow for about 60 times the length of exposure.  Light fixtures use mirrored shutters to close them off and conserve their energy when not in use.  It's often a village affair when there is a day of fair weather to put our their crystals to charge.

-Earth ponies have the power of geomancy.  Through their hooves, they can feel the properties of the ground underneath them.  They're close to nature and plant life, able to work a kind of power on the soil to help them grow.  Their hooves are also diamond hard and they have the best physical strength and stamina of the three primary breeds.

-Pegasi are built to be light, weighing about 90% that of a ground pony of the similar size.  Their skeletons have a structure much like carbon fiber to lighten them without compromising strength and durability.  Their sternum is larger than in other ponies and three separate muscle groups attach to it.  Their hooves have thinner hulls and spongier innards to both reduce weight and provide a cushion for landing.  They are the most resilient of the breeds, healing faster and being the least prone to disease.  They also has survive the widest extremes of temperature and pressure.

-Unicorns are actually the weakest of the breeds.  They don't have the strength of earth ponies or resilience of pegasi.  They make up for this by wielding magic.

Wow, those are good.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 02:28:59 AM »
Thank you.

Some more character-centered ones.

-Magic Star was born to a unicorn father and earth pony mother.  Although she was born an earth pony, she has a strong connection to magic and seems to have a sixth sense for it.  She can feel the nature of magic of a place.  She collects good luck charms and even built a magic wand as good as any unicorn's horn which shrinks down into a stylish manepin when not in use for easy storage.

-Paradise is nearsighted and wears a pair of cat's eye eyeglasses on a pearl chain to give her a "librarian look".

-While it can be inferred from the series, Wind Whistler is in fact an aspie.  Her favorite accessory is a white Alice headband, though it can't keep her forelock from falling over left eye some.

-Fizzy is one of if not the youngest of the adult Dream Valley ponies.  She is arguable still a filly in the beginning and doesn't have full control over her bubble magic.  She wears a big, pink ribbon in her mane like Apple Bloom's.

-Gusty is a punk, but has a good heart if she lets you see it.  She wants to defend everyone and is actually interested in nursing.  She keeps her mane cut short and holds what's left back with a maple leaf barrette.

-Shady is a constant worrier.  She sees herself as weak, and therefore fears the others see her as a burden.  To make up for this, she is always looking out for trouble, but trouble can be found anywhere.  Most ponies brush it off as Shady being Shady.  However, when she really feels something is up, she will strike out on her own to deal with it.  Fortunately, she always has her magic sunglasses with her that can make the inkiest darkness daylight and even reveal that which was hidden from normal sight.  Shady is actually quite the hero to many, but most ponies consider her stories flights of fantasy.  Maybe someday she and her glasses will prove their worth to them.

-Heart Throb is never seen without her pearls around her neck.

-Bow-Tie and Ribbon wear a pair of ribbons in their mane.  Kind of goes without saying.

-Medley's favorite accessory is a choker with an inset amber jewel.

-Posey wears a fake flower in her mane.

-Truly is the resident nurse.  She is also a wild crafter.  She knows which plants and herbs help with what aliments, other natural remedies, and can even find groundwater with a willow switch.  She is always in uniform with her mane kept in a tight and neat bun.  While she's still a snobby southern belle character, she not as much of a clueless idiot as the series presented her as.

Another species note.  Pegasi have an internal compass like birds.  They can feel magnetic directions with some more sensitive than others.  North Star has the best internal compass of the group, able to know a direction down to the minute of a degree.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:32:19 AM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 05:46:44 AM »
Applejack is always ready to rescue a friend when she thinks they’re in danger but her tendency to rush to them without thinking things through often leads to her being the one in need of rescuing.

Great theories Al-1701. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 05:55:37 PM »
Reviving this because I recently got SS Twilight and wanted to share my interpretation of her  ^.^
Her flocking is pretty okay, but her hair got chopped down to be a bit shorter than normal. My first thought was "pony Nancy Drew"...maybe it was the candle cutie mark that helped me think of this? It gives me the idea that she uses candles to light her way in an abandoned house looking for clues or something.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 06:03:36 PM »
Reviving this because I recently got SS Twilight and wanted to share my interpretation of her  ^.^
Her flocking is pretty okay, but her hair got chopped down to be a bit shorter than normal. My first thought was "pony Nancy Drew"...maybe it was the candle cutie mark that helped me think of this? It gives me the idea that she uses candles to light her way in an abandoned house looking for clues or something.

I like that. I

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal