collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whose brush is this?  (Read 762 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Whose brush is this?
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:04:53 AM »
Today I acquired a bag of general pony accessories, mostly brushes and combs, from across G1-G3. I have yet to sort out most of them and work out what I have and whether they are ones I need or not, but I wanted to see people's views on this one as I am genuinely having trouble working it out.

It's either Fireball's or Trucker (4Speed's). Unfortunately Ashlyne's super useful comparison photo is no longer available online, and I have checked images online but I am still not sure.

It actually suits me whichever it is. If it's Fireball's, I can trade it. If it's Trucker's, I need it, so I would really just like honest views about how I should be categorising it.

My instinct is that it is probably Trucker's rather than Fireball's. It looks more different in the photo than in real life which is interesting. It's not as distinctive as the difference between Tracks and Ice Crystal's brushes :( I am also slightly worried that I am wanting it to be Trucker's because I need it >.> rather than because it is xD

Comparison photo below with Fireball's brush from my collection. That brush is from my childhood Fireball (ribbon not necessarily, I added that after and it may not be his) so I am 100% sure that is definitely Fireball's brush. I read on other comments that sometimes dye shades may influence differences in the brush shades for Tornado and Fireball vs Quarterback and Trucker so it may not be possible to answer this conclusively and I may end up keeping both just in case...

But I'd appreciate expert views :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Whose brush is this?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:34:05 PM »
I am absolutely not an accessory expert, but I do have a US 4 Speed and brush from childhood.  I can't post a photo, but can say that mine is definitely a lot lighter and has less of a blue tint than the ones you posted...the purple is more of a lighter lavender.  Hope this helps!  :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:04:40 AM »
Hi :) Thanks for your input, it does help. THe biggest problem I have is that I don't have a confirmed Trucker/4Speed brush to compare with either my childhood Fireball or this one, which is making it hard to figure out. Photos online show so many different shades :/

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 07:31:38 AM »
http://ponyology.com/mlp/4-speed-1. Ponyology has pics of a MIP 4 Speed whose brush looks true to color (on my monitor) with the brush I have in hand.  Good luck!
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:54 AM »
Did you check Chrissytree's comparison photos?  https://mylittleponyaccessories.weebly.com/brushes-bird---guitar.html  (Down near the bottom of the page) 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 12:06:50 PM »
Yeah...her site was my first port of call but I guess it is my screen...I couldn't match it conclusively to either. I have the same problem with the ponyology one cookhuman...but thank you for suggesting it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Endless_collectathon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • I love Lanard ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 12:48:28 PM »
On my computer monitor, yours look like the same shade of purple but the ones on the website mentioned earlier (https://mylittleponyaccessories.weebly.com/brushes-bird---guitar.html) are slightly different. Fireball's being slightly darker and a more blue shade of purple, while Fireball/4-Speed's is a lighter less saturated purple. Hope this helps!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 02:56:31 PM »
Thank you all for trying to help me figure this out! It is so hard to do from screens. It seems like most people think it more matches my Fireball brush than doesn't, so maybe that is what it is (being the UK, either is possible), but I will definitely do some more checking before I decide what to do with it. For now I guess it stays with me, until I can be more for sure.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 03:30:34 PM »
Comparing mlpaccessories pictures to the one you posted originally, I'd say both of those brushes are Fireball's.  4-Speed/Trucker's frog brush has more red in it, while your two are slight shade variants of a cool purple.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »
Comparing mlpaccessories pictures to the one you posted originally, I'd say both of those brushes are Fireball's.  4-Speed/Trucker's frog brush has more red in it, while your two are slight shade variants of a cool purple.

Hrm. Skipping between the screens of that image and mine I can see what you mean. I just have trouble comparing the actual  brush because of the glare of the screen. It seems more likely that it's FIreball's though I guess?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal