collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sent wrong pony  (Read 2176 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Sent wrong pony
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:01:04 AM »
Ordered Baby Surprise from ponnies-anonymous

Pony came today, and it wasn't Baby Surprise but Bubbles one pony I don't like the pose of. Sent them a message haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Not very happy, as this Baby Surprise I was supposed to have was going to be turned into Baby Lofty.

I'm in a  :enraged: and  :sad:

:bump: updated, I'm getting her near mint Baby Surprise, in exchange for Bubbles who I'm sending back to her.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:34:38 PM by bright rabbit 1 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Re: Sent wrong pony
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:30:11 AM »
Wow, that's not cool. =( You have my support. Hope you'll get the right pony. :hope:
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »
It arrived today and you're already publicly complaining?

I mean I get that you're unhappy about not getting the right pony (who would be!) but you might want to give your seller at least a couple of days to make things right before you resort to T&CS.  Doesn't seem like this was done in bad faith, because Bubbles is rarer than Baby Surprise.  I do hope you get things sorted out without any fuss.   :huh:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:50:28 AM »
Heard back from the seller, saying that I bidded on the item which I didn't, she was gonna offer me her near mint one for £20-£25 which is disgusting. I want the one that was in the picture that had a pen mark on it, not a near mint one. That I wouldn't be able to turn into Lofty.

Sent her a reply saying it was her mistake and not mine.

Only Bubbles I want is in the Bow Tie pose (which I prefer to her sitting pies) Which I know I won't get, because I don't shop internationally

I've already got a Bubbles in a sitting pose (big rip in the plug holes for the hair).

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:09:20 AM »
Ugh, that’s disappointing. Hope you get it all sorted out.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:02:50 AM »
She replied back, I read the message wrong, I'll be getting her near mint Baby Surprise for free. :biggrin:

She hasn't said what I should do with Bubbles.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 12:52:34 PM »
Sounds like an honest mistake. It happens.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 01:39:10 PM »
Bubbles is rarer than Baby Surprise.
Not in the UK. I think people forget that there's relative rarity in different countries, Baby Surprise was not sold in the UK, Bubbles was.

Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to mention the seller's name, though. We usually only do that when the problem can't be resolved, so maybe next time leave that out, bright rabbit?

I'm glad it looks like you're being able to work the situation out. Fingers crossed it's resolved soon.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 01:40:37 PM »
Wow, that is an excellent outcome from a simple mistake by the seller. Congrats! :)

You should update your first post maybe with this information? Just so people reading through this feedback forum quickly (and not reading all responses) don't think the seller is bad.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »
Oops what a mistake, but I am glad it is working out for you :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 05:32:26 AM »
It sounds like an honest mistake. I know I sometimes sell a lot of ponies in a day. I have had days where I have shipped out 20 different ponies to 15 different places. Sometimes you get mixed up. You should have given the seller time to respond. And it looks as if they responded in a very positive way. I hope you give them super-positive feedback when your new pony arrives and that the person who was supposed to get Bubbles isn't too disappointed with their pony.

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 04:23:48 PM »
Are you planning on customizing the "near mint" Baby Surprise?  A friendly word of advice from one customizer to another...if I were you, I wouldn't do it.  It is generally frowned upon in the customizing community to customize any G1 that isn't in really poor shape (and even then, we generally don't customize anything that is very hard to find or rare).  Doing so reflects poorly on customizers and will not win you any friends in the collecting community at large.  Most people would gladly trade a baity pony for a "near mint" one.  Plus trading is fun and it is a neat way to make new pony friends.  Good luck! :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »
Most people would gladly trade a baity pony multiple bait ponies for a "near mint" one. 

Fixed that for you, and seconded.  Minty G1's are getting pretty damn scarce these days, and Baby Surprise isn't hard to find in less than perfect shape.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 01:02:16 AM »
Are you planning on customizing the "near mint" Baby Surprise?  A friendly word of advice from one customizer to another...if I were you, I wouldn't do it.  It is generally frowned upon in the customizing community to customize any G1 that isn't in really poor shape (and even then, we generally don't customize anything that is very hard to find or rare).  Doing so reflects poorly on customizers and will not win you any friends in the collecting community at large.  Most people would gladly trade a baity pony for a "near mint" one.  Plus trading is fun and it is a neat way to make new pony friends.  Good luck! :)

I've got to compare the Baby Surprise, I've got already; with the near mint one that I'm getting. If the near mint one is perfect, then I'll change the one I've already got to be Baby Lofty.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 07:47:01 AM »
(Sorry for the late reply, I only realised there hasn't been any activity on this thread in the past 3 weeks after I replied)

If you haven't yet done anything to either of the ponies, I'd still go with the advice offered by cookhuman and Baby Sugarberry. From how you state it, it seems the Baby Surprise you have is also in good condition, and thus is not really meant to be customised. It's your pony so you can do whatever you want with her, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here on the Arena who would be happy to offer their baity Baby Surprises (and possibly also some more baity ponies), and pay for your shipping charges too, if they got your near mint pony in return.
If I were you I'd put up a trade thread offering the above recommendations - I'm sure you'll find a nice trader partner who will be happy to work with you.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal