collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Issues with purchase via FB link  (Read 928 times)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Issues with purchase via FB link
« on: December 02, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »
Okay, so I ordered some frosting tips via a facebook link through a site called "Famous Tshirt Online" back on 11-10. They promised a shipment notification would be sent soon through their email confirmation of my order.

I received the notification on 12-01, and it's only showing one of the two items I orderd. On top of that, if I click on the link to view my order, or to visit their store, I'm now getting a shopify notification about the "nolimittshirts.com" site stating "Sorry, this shop is currently unavailable." The shipping notification email included no tracking information. I emailed the person listed as contact for order questions yesterday evening, asking if my other item is being shipped seperately or just wasn't listed, and I've yet to hear a reply back (though I did not get a mailer daemon notice, which I suppose is a plus?). Granted, it has been only 24 hours since I asked.

Needless to say, I'm rather leery at this stage. So since I cannot track the package, and can't even view my order anymore (except for in the order confirmation email), I'm wondering how to proceed? I used the debit card linked to my bank account to place the order; I don't think it was through paypal, but it's been almost a month at this point, so, you know, memory issues. I'm not sure I want to wait to see if a package actually arrives or not, given how long it's been. :huh: The total spent was $29.53, which has cleared my bank already (probably within a week or so of the order being placed).

Thoughts? Any are appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Edit: Decided to ask the bank for advice; they've opened a claim for me. We'll see how this goes!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:25:53 AM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Issues with purchase via FB link
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »
For online orders for businesses you've never used before, to cover yourself, it's best to use credit cards instead of debit cards and use PayPal, never use bank transfers.

I think you did the best thing by calling the bank to help you out. Unfortunately, I doubt you will be getting what you ordered at this point.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 01:50:05 PM »
I very rarely use my debit card for anything online, because it's a direct link into your bank account.  If something goes wrong, you'll have to argue with your bank about it, BUT you are on the hook for that money!  :(

If you use a credit card, they fight your fight for you, and you aren't often liable for any unauthorized charges.

EEEEK I hope your bank can sort it out for you, but yeahhhh never buy stuff online with your debit card...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
I typically use my bank card online instead of my credit card, since my credit card is the one linked to my Nook account. :blush: But yeah, I'm going to be changing that, going forward.

Meanwhile, one of the sets of frosting tips arrived today! But not the one they said they shipped out. :blink: The hay? 

Calling the bank back.... :huh:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal