collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toy shows  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Toy shows
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
I have not found a G1 pony in the wild in years.  I am going to a toy show tomorrow, a first for me.  Anyone here been to any/many and is there hope of finding old ponies?
Pictures of last year's show has a vendor with G4 ponies.  List of items being brought by this year's vendors lists MLP, but who knows what gen.  I contacted one of the vendors on Facebook and asked what type of ponies she was bringing and asked specifically if she had any 1980's ponies.  She said she did, but since she was traveling in a car with limited space she wasn't bringing much.  She asked if I was looking for anything specific.  Well, I didn't have my check off list so I just told her it varied, that I was looking to complete some sets and possible upgrades. 
I never heard back, so wish me luck I find something I need (and cheap, LOL) tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:11:37 PM by Gator »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Toy shows
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »
oooooh best of luck!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 05:31:54 PM »
Good luck!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 06:54:02 PM »
There's a Canadian toy store that sells G1s, but they are very overpriced.  But I can't be mad . . . If they were reasonably priced then eBayers would have swooped in long ago to sell on eBay and I wouldn't have seen them there to begin with.  They weren't MOC or anything, just loose G1s.  Plus dozens of other vintage and non-vintage toys.  Amazing place.  I'm trying to remember its name . . . It's in British Columbia.  They also had a bunch of loose G3s and those actually were very reasonably priced.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 07:49:38 PM »
Good luck!

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 07:29:57 AM »
Oooh, good luck!!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »
I wish you the best in finding some.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 08:34:26 AM »
Hope you find some good ones! I was able to come home with five ponies yesterday!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »
I only saw a Butterscotch and a Firefly.  Everything else was G3 or G4.  Very crowded for a small venue.  I couldn't really look at much because of the crowd.  Because of my anxiety i circled around once and left.

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 02:48:10 PM »
There's a Canadian toy store that sells G1s, but they are very overpriced.  But I can't be mad . . . If they were reasonably priced then eBayers would have swooped in long ago to sell on eBay and I wouldn't have seen them there to begin with.  They weren't MOC or anything, just loose G1s.  Plus dozens of other vintage and non-vintage toys.  Amazing place.  I'm trying to remember its name . . . It's in British Columbia.  They also had a bunch of loose G3s and those actually were very reasonably priced.

Was it a used toy store or new stuff too?  Sounds like a place I'd like to visit if we can figure out where it is.  he he

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 06:07:16 AM »
Every toy show I've been to has been very different when it comes to ponies. Bigger shows with more vendors will likely have more stuff than a smaller show, but then again, I usually have better luck finding G1s at the smaller shows. I guess they're sort of like flea markets, as it just depends on who's selling what.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 06:47:50 AM »
There is a steady increase in the number of G1 I see at toy fairs, which unfortunately don't come round very often. Last time I went to one I think there were somewhere in the region of 100-150 G1s across about eight different stalls. But the prices have obviously gone up. Some are priced well, some are overpriced for what they are. Most are not too far from collector valuation which if I needed them I probably wouldn't object to. I go looking for ponies that are MOC there because sometimes I have found them in the past (or random rarities like my spanish Strawberry Fair) but those kinds of finds are unusual these days.

I did pick up a few cheap doubles last trip, but it's not usually the kind of price range that encourages buying to trade.

I never see ponies at carboot sales any more, though (or not G1, I often see G3 and G4, though this isn't the season for carboot sales really and I haven't been to many this year with one thing or another). So it really is all about the toy fairs now :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 09:06:53 AM »

Was it a used toy store or new stuff too?  Sounds like a place I'd like to visit if we can figure out where it is.  he he

It had both, but mostly used.  It was AMAZING.  There were huge dioramas high up on the walls of toy storm troopers on the Death Star, G.I. Joes fighting Cobra, etc.

Okay, I figured it out--it's called Toy Traders!

http://www.toytraders.ca/

Honestly I think it would be worth it to go even if you didn't buy anything, just for the spectacle.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:09:15 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 10:58:49 AM »

It had both, but mostly used.  It was AMAZING.  There were huge dioramas high up on the walls of toy storm troopers on the Death Star, G.I. Joes fighting Cobra, etc.

Okay, I figured it out--it's called Toy Traders!

http://www.toytraders.ca/

Honestly I think it would be worth it to go even if you didn't buy anything, just for the spectacle.

Holy cats I want to go there so badly. *_*

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »
Looks amazing!  ^.^