collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sequestria Walmart Bonus version pics Updated 1/5/18 Now on Clearance  (Read 8216 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sequestria Walmart Bonus version pics
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 08:32:14 AM »
I've been checking my Walmart regularly but there's been no sign of it. It's also not on our Canadian Walmart site. The shipping would be insane!

I was told at my store that I'd have to order it and get it shipped to store from warehouse because a lot of stores aren't carrying it due to size.

I have checked 3 of my local Walmarts and only 1 out of the 3 had it.

I'm going to cross post this from another thread since it applies here:

Am I wrong or is there a pattern of releasing new characters in special sets/big sets and then later releasing them again as singles or in smaller sets?  I'm thinking of ponies like Shining Armor, Muffins pony and now Tempest and Songbird.  Remember when you could only get Shining Armor by buying the wedding castle playset?  Or how Muffins was the Fair/SDCC exclusive and we never thought they would actually give her a wide release?

I keep telling myself this when eyeing Haven Bay.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:34:56 AM by Sunset »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 08:43:24 AM »
@ Sunset, I hope you're right. Judging by the current sale price of Haven Bay online, it would really help if she had another release. Right now she's more expensive than buying the whole playset would be...

Sometimes the big playsets sell really well as "the big Christmas present", so Haven Bay and pearly Queen Novo may not be too hard to find on the secondhand market--eventually.  Dream Castle was the most expensive G1 playset that came with a pony and I used to find Majesty at thrift stores all the time.  I had 10 extras at one point.

But Majesty is neither a store exclusive nor limited by region, and she was out for several years, not just one. I suspect the main pony with the set probably will end up like that, but Haven Bay, possibly not. Rather like Starswirl, who only came with a specific release of the Rarity carriage. Rarity and her carriage are not hard to find. Starswirl is expensive. This is like that.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:46:13 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:16 AM »
Wow, it is HUGE!  I love Haven Bay (the peach sea pony).

Me too.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 08:59:14 AM »
Sometimes the big playsets sell really well as "the big Christmas present", so Haven Bay and pearly Queen Novo may not be too hard to find on the secondhand market--eventually.  Dream Castle was the most expensive G1 playset that came with a pony and I used to find Majesty at thrift stores all the time.  I had 10 extras at one point.

But Majesty is neither a store exclusive nor limited by region, and she was out for several years, not just one.

Yeah, but there are a lot of WalMarts in the US and a lot of people do their Christmas shopping there.  They're far more prominent than TRU, and I see TRU exclusive ponies at Value Village fairly often.  (I picked up brushable Minty at Goodwill just yesterday.)

The main question will be if WalMart has these in stock by Christmas.  Sometimes they are not the best at stocking.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:01:03 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 09:10:35 AM »
It doesn't matter how many Walmarts there are in the US if the rest of the world don't ever get the pony, because that's then an exclusive, cost of which is added to by elevated shipping costs and import duty. We are in this equation too ;)

At present Asda and Smyths (both stores with history of Walmart exclusives) don't show any sign of this release here, and I don't know about Europe. Even Canada so far seems to not be on the list, and if it's big and expensive, it might not be in such great quantities after all.

There will probably be lots of Holly Dashes in the UK in the future second hand market. But it may still make it difficult, costly and annoying for people overseas to get her :P
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 11:12:51 AM »
Am I wrong or is there a pattern of releasing new characters in special sets/big sets and then later releasing them again as singles or in smaller sets?  I'm thinking of ponies like Shining Armor, Muffins pony and now Tempest and Songbird.  Remember when you could only get Shining Armor by buying the wedding castle playset?  Or how Muffins was the Fair/SDCC exclusive and we never thought they would actually give her a wide release?

I keep telling myself this when eyeing Haven Bay.
This gets me hopeful for new seapony brushables that aren't just the mane 6. I'm gonna have like 3 Pinkie Pies if I get all of the ones out there right now, and I'd appreciate some single releases to add more variety to my display.  :silly:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »
I just ordered this set for $55 on cyber monday but I basically just got it for Haven Bay and the extra accessories because I already have the regular version of the castle....I need to figure out what I want to do with the rest of it...
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 10:39:08 AM »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »
I want Haven Bay SO SO BAD. But I am not paying $88 to get her.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 06:41:42 PM »

Someone will have her for sale eventually. I've already seen Queen Novos for sale for a cheap price.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »

Someone will have her for sale eventually. I've already seen Queen Novos for sale for a cheap price.

Thanks so much for mentioning this.  Last time I went looking for her on eBay there weren't any listed.  I just picked her up for $20 :)

I also was looking at previously sold Queen Novos and noticed there was one that looked different from the others.  Her "wings" are a different color and there are some other small differences.  I wonder if it's some kind of alternate version.  It's really pretty.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »
I also was looking at previously sold Queen Novos and noticed there was one that looked different from the others.  Her "wings" are a different color and there are some other small differences.  I wonder if it's some kind of alternate version.  It's really pretty.

Just looked it up, that's very interesting!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Princess Fizzy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 07:50:06 AM »

There have been 2 versions of Queen Novo on eBay by a Chinese seller for at least a month. They run about $5-6 each. I've ordered 1 of each to see what there like, but it may be another week or two before I get them.

I was able to order my castle with Haven Bay for $45 & free shipping on Cyber Monday so keep an eye out for sales if you are in the us. The first two weeks in December can see some good sales. Also, lots of toys go on sale in January when stores are trying to get rid of stock.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 12:56:48 PM »

my local Kroger store has the castle without Haven Bay down to around $40 or something.  (from $99 last month!)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Sequestria Walmart Bonus version pics Now on Clearance
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 06:47:43 AM »
Some Walmart stores have this set on Clearance now for $50

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal