collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Still need help with this shipping nightmare 12/9/2017  (Read 1638 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Still need help with this shipping nightmare 12/9/2017
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:49:49 AM »
Please delete
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:23:41 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
Re: Seller got my address wrong is there a way to fix this?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:55:26 AM »
Had this happened to me. Getting a notice that my package was ready to be picked up at a post office 10+ hours drive from me.
I called the post office and they sent it the right way.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 07:32:06 AM »
Yea this is in the USA though.  I have put a contact out to the seller. I want to find out if the label was printed on paypal or ebay.  Then I guess once I know whether it was handwritten or printed I will know what the problem is.  If it was printed then it was scanned incorrectly somehow.  If it was printed then most likely it is a mistake made when preparing the item for shipping.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »
one time i had a huge brain fart and wrote a completely wrong town (but all the other information was the same) in the shipping info for an item, and they sent it to the right place anyway. I think the US postal service is pretty good about catching that sort of stuff, especially if there IS no address at that zip code.

wishlist

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 02:47:02 PM »
Oh goodness I hope you are right because, my seller has not ever responded to my message.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 07:52:04 PM »
I've had packages that I've sent go out, leave, then loop several times through a hub nearby and come back to me (without being marked). I'm not sure what the problem was. Perhaps my printer ink was running low on black and it just got caught in sorting and the machine couldn't figure it out. I had to re-mail it and my buyer was able to get it the second time just fine.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 01:42:15 AM »
Is it possible that your seller had several items and just sent you the wrong tracking by mistake? I speak from some experience here, as I have trouble with number sequences and sometimes get them mixed up. I often have to double or triple check I got them right and have accidentally sent the wrong number to the wrong person before. It might be that someone else has your tracking or the seller just didn't send it to you. It's a possibility.

A postal service mistake is also possible. The US is a big country and I imagine most of your mail is handled by air. I know from experience in this country that sometimes airport scanners mess up and divert parcels to the wrong place. This has happened to me from the US as well, as I mentioned before - sending everything to Canada first. That might be human error or it might be machine error and if it's the latter it will take an extra few days to notice.

If it's seller error on the package, then the address it is sent to doesn't exist and it should be returned at the sorting office to the original sender. In which case there will be no confirmation of delivery.

If the seller doesn't reply and the item shows up as delivered to a place different from your address, I suggest you talk to ebay.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 05:59:26 AM »
I did hear from my seller.  Very nice person.  Actually what the seller said was that the label was printed with the correct  zip code. But the post office input the wrong ZIP code somehow when they scanned the label. So the tracking zip code is different than the actual label zip code. She said she would try to fix it for me and that whatever cost was involved, she would take care of it. She's a very nice seller and I really appreciate that. I hope it just gets delivered and that the post office figures it out. It's just that this is the holiday season and I'm already noticing a huge backlog in Houston with mail.  It is already taking a whole lot longer for me to get basic first class mailers. So, I guess the worst thing that would happen is that she did end up with it back. I will not have enough time to deal with that and get this Pony to my partner for the swap. So I had to make another purchase just in case I can't ever get that pony on time.  It is not the sellers fault this is the fault of the gorillas that work behind the counter at the United States Postal Service.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:03:11 AM by tulagirl »

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 08:15:55 AM »
Actually what the seller said was that the label was printed with the correct  zip code. But the post office input the wrong ZIP code somehow when they scanned the label. So the tracking zip code is different than the actual label zip code. She said she would try to fix it for me and that whatever cost was involved, she would take care of it. She's a very nice seller and I really appreciate that. I hope it just gets delivered and that the post office figures it out. It's just that this is the holiday season and I'm already noticing a huge backlog in Houston with mail.  It is already taking a whole lot longer for me to get basic first class mailers. So, I guess the worst thing that would happen is that she did end up with it back. I will not have enough time to deal with that and get this Pony to my partner for the swap. So I had to make another purchase just in case I can't ever get that pony on time.  It is not the sellers fault this is the fault of the gorillas that work behind the counter at the United States Postal Service.

I am glad the seller is helping you and lets hope you will get on the right zip code ^^
The holiday season is crazy both in retails and postoffice. Not gonna buy ponies before in the new year so I dont risk loosing them in the mail.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 06:54:38 AM »
Yes it is very nice of her because, the pony has just stalled out and has not updated in three days.  This is the Holiday slows which just makes the whole thing even more frustrating.  I purchased before December to avoid problems so I thought.  Everything I bought after the pony has already arrived.  So, I just have a bad feeling about this all around. I hope I am wrong. -_-  Not purchasing ponies during this holiday season doesn't work if you are joining holiday swaps lol.

I am still waiting for this pony, but it appears it has finally made it to my city.  Which is wonderful news. 12/7 Update
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:23:19 AM by tulagirl »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal