collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For how much money would you be willing to sell your pony collection at once?  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
Hmmm... It would be very high, let's just say that  ;) I wouldn't let it go for any amount! (Especially my favourites, and the Sunsparkles)

Although realistically it would probably be worth £1000 maybe? There's around 600- 700 of them, and about 100 are g1s. However I don't have many ponies that are HTF, and most g1 ponies have flaws. There's only a couple of minty ones. My g3s are mostly in nice condition, though, and all my own g4s are as new. Many of them are friends childhood ponies, gifts or Car Boot Rescues, so they're all very special :)

To buy it back? Probably a lot more, as, like I said many are from Car Boots, so they cost less than £1 each, and I don't think it's possible to get them that cheap again, especially g1s.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Thought I make a fun topic to see what people think or feel what value their collection might be. I am not asking what the value is. But more like what you would be willing to let it go for.

I think my topic is misunderstood. I don't mean that someone walks up to you and gives you the money in hand. But more like...if you were to sell your collection, what price would you put on it.

This is kind of contradictory...
You want to know what price someone would put their collection up for sale for but not it's value?  :what:

I mean, if I were to sell my collection, I'd put it up for what I believed it's market value to be.
I'd estimate mine to be worth maybe $2000 or so but if I were to actually sell my collection I know it's unlikely I'd get that much selling all in one lot. I'd sell ponies individually first then if there were some that didn't sell after a while I'd put those in a lower priced lot.

No, this is why I said emotional value can add up to the price. So perhaps once you come to a point that you might want to sell them, there will still be some kind of emotional value to them. Which probably makes you add another couple of hundered maybe even thousands of dollers/euros. I don't ask what the market value of your total collection is. But what YOU find it worth and one day are willing to sel it for that price. Not caring about buyers not finding it worth that much. It is litteraly about YOU. Not about factual value.
My wish list: Click here!.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
If it's that sentimentally valuable to you you wouldn't sell it, would you? If you had to sell it to make money, you would sell it for market price because otherwise it wouldn't shift. I get that you're just speculating. I just feel like if you value your collection at a huge monetary amount due to sentiment, what you are really saying is "I won't sell it, it's too important to me."

So the topic becomes a  bit self-defeating...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
When I was with my ex...money was very...very thight...due to his gambling problem...
So the day came I sold my entire Barbie Collection (no vintage ones, mostly collector edition ones when they came out for the *normal* price Mattel also sold them) in one go for 350 euro....but when I now calculate what the dolls had cost me...I come out on a price between 1000 and 1500 euro....soI practically *gave* them away!!!

And some months later... I was unpacking my older Pony collection.... (I just started collecting MLP before I met my ex!), and also because of bills I didn't had enough money for to cover them again due to his gambling!!!

And I put a couple of them on Marktplaats (Dutch version of Craigslist) and the bidding begon on some who where more worth then I aspected they where....I start crying.....
And then I got so very angry with my ex...that I was ALWAYS the one who had to sell things because HE had a gambling problem and always wiggle his way out off his responsebility to make up HIS debts...no...he ALWAYS relied on ME to do!!!

And when he came home...I had told him, via a text that morning, that I decided to sell the ponies that day and when he came home that afternoon... He was flabbergasted to see that I was brushing and grooming those ponies and putting them up for display in the Cabinet where my Barbie collection stood before the sale!!!
And when I told him that I wasn't going to pay anymore for HIS debts...all Hell broke loose!! But I had sat crying my eye's out that afternoon in the middle of my Precious Ponies and knew...No Money In The World....could get me to sell those Ponies!!!
And that was just the beginning of putting my foot down with him....a couple of months later after another fight about his gambling...I trow him out!!!!

And in the autumn of 2013 I *met* my *new* partner (I already was friends with him when I was with my ex, just friends nothing else!!!), everything I told you above was in the autumn of 2012 and in Spring 2013 after my Gastric Bypass I had finally the courage to trow him to the curb!!!

And now in 2017 we are still so very happy with each other, and my ponies!!! He was the one who gave me my Pony Room, because he knew how much they mean to me!
And he is mostly the one who encourage me to buy More Ponies!!!

Sorry for the whole story...but only this way I feel I could explain what my Ponies really mean to me...
X Lady Arachnia

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Lady.Arachnia : Woah, that was intense to read. Very emotional. I'm happy you've find happiness with your real love and your ponies. You're brave. :hope:
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
You can pry them out of my cold, dead hands.

This. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
There are a few that i would not sell for any amount of money solely because of the sentimental value of them.

The rest if someone offered me a lower but sensible amount but promised they would never be sold on then I would consider it.

but as it stands they are not for sale but will be going through a thinning out session after Christmas along with my other collections

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
No, this is why I said emotional value can add up to the price. So perhaps once you come to a point that you might want to sell them, there will still be some kind of emotional value to them. Which probably makes you add another couple of hundered maybe even thousands of dollers/euros. I don't ask what the market value of your total collection is. But what YOU find it worth and one day are willing to sel it for that price. Not caring about buyers not finding it worth that much. It is litteraly about YOU. Not about factual value.
I guess I just find it hard to think like that. Emotional value doesn't add anything to the monetary value in my mind. Surely there is a price I'd consider selling at if someone offered, whether I was looking to sell them or not but that's, as you say, not what you meant.

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
I couldn't, because I would just want to buy them all back again, anyway...
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
When I was with my ex...money was very...very thight...due to his gambling problem...
So the day came I sold my entire Barbie Collection (no vintage ones, mostly collector edition ones when they came out for the *normal* price Mattel also sold them) in one go for 350 euro....but when I now calculate what the dolls had cost me...I come out on a price between 1000 and 1500 euro....soI practically *gave* them away!!!

And some months later... I was unpacking my older Pony collection.... (I just started collecting MLP before I met my ex!), and also because of bills I didn't had enough money for to cover them again due to his gambling!!!

And I put a couple of them on Marktplaats (Dutch version of Craigslist) and the bidding begon on some who where more worth then I aspected they where....I start crying.....
And then I got so very angry with my ex...that I was ALWAYS the one who had to sell things because HE had a gambling problem and always wiggle his way out off his responsebility to make up HIS debts...no...he ALWAYS relied on ME to do!!!

And when he came home...I had told him, via a text that morning, that I decided to sell the ponies that day and when he came home that afternoon... He was flabbergasted to see that I was brushing and grooming those ponies and putting them up for display in the Cabinet where my Barbie collection stood before the sale!!!
And when I told him that I wasn't going to pay anymore for HIS debts...all Hell broke loose!! But I had sat crying my eye's out that afternoon in the middle of my Precious Ponies and knew...No Money In The World....could get me to sell those Ponies!!!
And that was just the beginning of putting my foot down with him....a couple of months later after another fight about his gambling...I trow him out!!!!

And in the autumn of 2013 I *met* my *new* partner (I already was friends with him when I was with my ex, just friends nothing else!!!), everything I told you above was in the autumn of 2012 and in Spring 2013 after my Gastric Bypass I had finally the courage to trow him to the curb!!!

And now in 2017 we are still so very happy with each other, and my ponies!!! He was the one who gave me my Pony Room, because he knew how much they mean to me!

Sorry for the whole story...but only this way I feel I could explain what my Ponies really mean to me...
X Lady Arachnia

Oh my gosh! I know how it feels! I went threw something very similar to yours! I had to sell of my collections also just to pay the bills. I got rid of mine also and have a wonderful new man in my life that is always telling me to get more to fill up the shelves! :)  I have sold my collection many times now and hope that I don't have to ever do it again! :(

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
It's heartbreaking to read that some of you has been there/go trough atm....where I was a couple of years ago...

And when you have to sell them because your roof of your house caved in....that's also very sad...but If someone deliberately trow away a whole month salary just at gambling... and not once...but dozens of times...that is just plain wrong!!! And at times it feeled like He was just plain stealing from me! Even money I had hide away in a small safe.....was not safe!!! He stole my key and did go to the shop to make a duplicate....
Bye bye money...I worked my *ss off by taking more hours at work and even sell a heap of clothes out of my closet....

I haven't any childeren, and never will be...so if i die...if that is before my fiancee..he told me he wouldn't sell 1 pony!!! He even let my Pony Room intact!
So I really have no clue what my collection is worth...and I doesn't want to know either!!! Even for all the money in the world...I would not let 1 of them go!

I have in the basement a couple of containers with the ones I obtained double because in the beginning I bought my Ponies in lots, but now I need to sort them all out and go to the process of Re-Home them...and even that I find difficult!!! But I already know what I'm going to do with the money from the sold ponies....buying more Ponies!!!! ;-)

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
There are certain ponies I don't re-home even when double or tripple. I am too in love with them lol. Such as Snuzzle, Pretty Vision, all the Sweet Kisses ponies (euro versions).

Don't get me wrong in this topic. I am not willing to sell or give away my ponies any time soon and knowing myself, probably never. I am a collector of many things. Not just ponies. I collect Pink Panther as well and have a huge collection of plushe and statues. Which was also a childhood obsession and I stil have all of them :)

I do agree that rehoming ponies you have double is sometimes difficult, but I only do it when I am in need of money or want to buy more ponies with the money I got from them.

Sorry to hear some of you went through terrible things like havig to sell your ponies because your partner brought you in financial trouble. I can't imagine myself ever having to do something like that.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
You can pry them out of my cold, dead hands.
Or for 10,000,000$.  Either is acceptable.
This!

Me and my BF just did a quick estimation and my collection is probably worth about 5,000 - 10,000$, if you include all generations and all the accessories, lunch boxes, puzzles, plushies and other stuff, probably at least 8,000$.

BUT the only way I would sell them is if all my childhood ponies were excluded and someone offered me such a rediculously high amount that I could buy them all back, and then some, plus a million other things I want.  XD
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I wouldn't sell it at the moment. Unless I was in trouble I'd rather have the ponies.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do

X Lady Arachnia

Wow!! That's an amazing story.  They also represent a turning point in my life as well.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal