collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For how much money would you be willing to sell your pony collection at once?  (Read 5539 times)

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Thought I make a fun topic to see what people think or feel what value their collection might be. I am not asking what the value is. But more like what you would be willing to let it go for.

I personally haven't been into the "official" pony collecting for that long, but I do have some very valuable ponies. I enjoy my collection a lot. In the beginning I bought a lot off of Ebay, not knowing about Global Shipping Program etc. So I often paid loads of shipping cost. If I would have started now I would have done it different. Take it more slowly instead of going on a shopping spree on Ebay and anywhere you can buy Ponies. I think the shipping cost I've paid for all my ponies is about 50/50. I don't want to get rid of my collection for many years. But if I have to make a choice right now, I think I would say between 6000 and 7000 euro. Considering the value of the ponies, shipping cost and emotional value.

I'd like to hear about yours.

My wish list: Click here!.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
What's the Global Shipping Program?

Hmmm...Idk, absolutely no less than $5000 off the top of my head, but probably more than that if I actually sat down to figure in all I have.  That's only for the G1s, mind you and not including any shipping/packing, etc.  I would need a little more thought to estimate for all 4 generations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline ScreamingDaisies

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I was thinking this myself!  Half of my collection has been packed up for years. I'm just unpacking,  cleaning and putting some  up for sale now. I'm thinking of trying to sell half of my ponies. But it's a pain.

I'd let the whole lot go for $2,000 I think. That's enough for a nice vacation and maybe even a deposit for my next apartment. That would be super helpful. Plus Id be free of a lot weight. It's going to be a few years until I have a house and space for my collection. It's kind of a waste  Not that I wouldn't miss them dearly.

Anybody with money to spare want an instant collection? ; )

Thank you babyblueducky!

Offline Pierlala

• View Profile
Global Shipping Program is a shipping method being used by (sadly) a lot of sellers on Ebay lately. It's getting more and more popular. But in fact it is waaaaaay more expensive for buyers. Instead of people going to a postoffice to calculate what shipping actually cost to a specific country. Ebay takes care of that an estimates how much it would be, plus they make a profit off of it. Which makes the method super expensive for buyers.

I didn't know about this in the beginning and I bought so much from sellers who used it. I regret that. I could have been rich or richer in ponies if I paid more attention to it. But I know now and I rarely buy from people who use the Global Shipping Program. Simply because I refuse to pay 2 sometimes even 3 times the actual shipping cost for 1 Pony. Oh and the worst thing. The Global Shipping Program doesn't do combined shipping, so you pay for each pony seperate... -_-

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I wouldn't sell the whole collection for any amount so for me an academic question. No amount of money supersedes nostalgia for me. Every other collection or thing would go first. I love rehoming doubles, but I don't sell my childhood ponies and I have no interest in parting with the vast majorityof the others.. I am hoping I live to a good enough age that they will be old and important enough to interest a museum so they can stay together  (if they don't deteriorate) even after I have gone, and make other people happy instead :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
You can pry them out of my cold, dead hands.
Or for 10,000,000$.  Either is acceptable.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Pierlala

• View Profile
I have to say. Selling my collection automatically excludes my childhood ponies. I would never sell those. I am too attached to them.

If I happen to have my collection untill I die. My son will inherrit them. He is free to do with them as he pleases. I hope he would take care of them (he is already growing up with pony love, so he is learning to value them :)) but I wouldn't mind him selling them to save for a goal in the future. I'm still a mom afterall :blush:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Global Shipping Program is a shipping method being used by (sadly) a lot of sellers on Ebay lately. It's getting more and more popular. But in fact it is waaaaaay more expensive for buyers. Instead of people going to a postoffice to calculate what shipping actually cost to a specific country. Ebay takes care of that an estimates how much it would be, plus they make a profit off of it. Which makes the method super expensive for buyers.

I didn't know about this in the beginning and I bought so much from sellers who used it. I regret that. I could have been rich or richer in ponies if I paid more attention to it. But I know now and I rarely buy from people who use the Global Shipping Program. Simply because I refuse to pay 2 sometimes even 3 times the actual shipping cost for 1 Pony. Oh and the worst thing. The Global Shipping Program doesn't do combined shipping, so you pay for each pony seperate... -_-

Oh, I remember being asked to participate in this when it first came out.  I declined, and have never used it.  Ridiculous.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline vampyrefay

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Is it halloween yet?
    • View Profile
    • Canadian My Little Pony Collectors
I literally muttered this while reading the topic title
My icon is my ponysona Persephone pomegranate

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
My ponies are my ponies forever! No matter how much money I'd get... I'd only want to spend it on more ponies!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
My ponies are my ponies forever! No matter how much money I'd get... I'd only want to spend it on more ponies!

Same here I second that. They are too precious for me to give up. :/

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
I literally muttered this while reading the topic title

Same here :B

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Hmmmm what I have left? I'll take $200 for the rest of my playsets and loose ponies. 

With the exception of my childhood herd, those have been passed along to DD and they're not leaving...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Asking to sell my whole collection is like dividing by zero.... It's a big nope. :lol:
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
i wouldn't want to let go of my collection under any circumstances, but i think if needs were dire i might let it go for 300-500$. its probably only worth about 250$ tops.

wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal