collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For how much money would you be willing to sell your pony collection at once?  (Read 5460 times)

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
With close to 2,000 members to my herd and many of them Nirvana, my price would be more than anyone would be willing to pay ;)

I love my ponies and don't know that I'd be able to sell them for any amount though...
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
If we exclude childhood friends, i would be willing to trade for all my debt being paid off! Then I can start over, smarter! I, like everyone, made mistakes and overpaid.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I think the entirety of what I have is probably worth $20,000-30,000, maybe a bit more. I am in the process of downsizing but there are some ponies that just aren't going anywhere (my Venny Lickety Split in my avatar, ponies that were meaningful gifts from people important to me, childhood favorites, or my Greek Ladybird for example).

Offline BuckinghamAlice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Lost in a Curious Dream
    • View Profile
    • NovelHeart Pony Blog
I don't have a huge collection, and none of my ponies are particularly rare or valuable, but I love them, so it's difficult to say!  I don't even know how much it's all worth lol.

Thank you to Bekuno and tailrustedtealeaf for the adoptables!
*~More NovelHeart/Pony Tumblr/Instagram~*

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
Umm....Nope. Most of my ponies are valued to me, not because they are rare, most 'cause memories. If I was to put a market value on my ponies..I'd say 500-750$ I do have around 100 ponies, and some of them are the more sought after, limited time G4's.
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
I really need to get around to appraising my collection.

G1 only, at least $5,000, but it would need to be a lot more for me to really jump at the offer. All of my ponies, probably add another $500 or so at least.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
None of my ponies are valuable or anything, honestly, but I wouldn't give them up for anything less than a crazy offer. Like a couple thousand dollars or so for most of them. However there's a handful I wouldn't let go of for any offer short of something entirely ridiculous (or nothing ever, in the case of two).

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
You can pry them out of my cold, dead hands.
Or for 10,000,000$.  Either is acceptable.

This! Lol!

I have a hard enough time rehoming my doubles. I don't think I can part with my collection and never part with the childhood ponies of course. I plan to have them until I die.  :biggrin:

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I have a handful that I could never let go of. My first Dazzleglow, Tappy, Little Flitter, Silver Swirl, Dainty Dove, and of course my custom Star Skimmer.

For the rest - pay off my student loans and we'll talk :lol:

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
I don't think I would.. My collection is precious to me
should be perma-moderated

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
I think my topic is misunderstood. I don't mean that someone walks up to you and gives you the money in hand. But more like...if you were to sell your collection, what price would you put on it.

Because if someone came up to me right now and offered me 7000 euro, I would not sell it. Because at this point I simply have no interest selling it. But incase I ever will. That would most lilely be the price, sbould my collection not expand.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Again, 10,000,000$
I wouldn't part with my ponies voluntarily.  They're more than a collection, they're an embodiment of childhood memories and make me happy when I look at them, in a time when few other things do.  What they'd fetch at 'market value' wouldn't come close to doing either of those things.

You might be better off asking 'If you had to buy a MLP collection identical to what you have today, how much do you think it would cost?'

For mine, I'd guess north of 10,000-15,000$.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
probly 1 million dollars because then i can buy them back buy everything i dreamed of and pay all my parents bills and buy what they want too
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Thought I make a fun topic to see what people think or feel what value their collection might be. I am not asking what the value is. But more like what you would be willing to let it go for.

I think my topic is misunderstood. I don't mean that someone walks up to you and gives you the money in hand. But more like...if you were to sell your collection, what price would you put on it.

This is kind of contradictory...
You want to know what price someone would put their collection up for sale for but not it's value?  :what:

I mean, if I were to sell my collection, I'd put it up for what I believed it's market value to be.
I'd estimate mine to be worth maybe $2000 or so but if I were to actually sell my collection I know it's unlikely I'd get that much selling all in one lot. I'd sell ponies individually first then if there were some that didn't sell after a while I'd put those in a lower priced lot.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
I know the market value of my collection - I wanted to be sure it fit under the amount allowed under my home insurance. But no way would I let any of it go. For any amount, overpriced or otherwise. Many are gifts from friends and family, and even those that aren't, most are transactions where I have made new friends, and those are still dear to me. Even the nostalgia of buying new in store, each was a happy memory, and those too are important to me. You can have my ponies over my dead body - and I'd still probably haunt you!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal