collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Eat Sleep Everything MLP....  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Eat Sleep Everything MLP....
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 07:16:29 AM »
The early babies are lovely, so that's a great choice :D

Another thing I forgot to say in my post - don't let yourself be tempted to bid up a pony price beyond what it's actually worth. It's really easy to get wrapped up in that specific pony auction and forget that there are probably many others the same which you might get for cheaper along the line. This is especially true with the baby ponies you mention. A few are harder to find, because of their distribution in select countries, and a few are more costly, but many may not be and so it's worth looking at the general prices they're selling for before you go after the ones you want. The better the deal, the more ponies you can get for your money, although obviously condition etc also comes into that equation (and shipping costs! Yay >.>)

I think most of the year 2 ponies are not too expensive so good luck with that :) I actually have some of them in my trade box but unfortunately I can't do any selling at the moment :/ Maybe in the future, who knows...

Also maybe look for lots where there are a few in the same lot, to save on shipping costs too. I still can't personally get over how common ponies like Firefly etc are in the US, but that's a good thing when trying to fill gaps in your collection.

P.S SA Medley is really pretty :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:18:13 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Livia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 07:28:39 AM »
Thanks again Tafetta!!

Will really use all your advice. Especially keeping an eye out for lots with more than 1 pony in it that I want. Shipping costs to SA are often more than the price of the pony!

PS: Medley says thank you  :lovey:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
I really really really enjoyed reading all of your replies. I even had a chuckle here and there... :lol:

Thanks for all the advice! I think I will start by focussing on buying all the babies of the adult ponies I have, and the 'mommies' of the babies I have. And also all the Year2 ponies...

Welcome Livia!  Neat to see new collectors around.  Who is the pony in your avatar, looks like a SA, no?  If it is, he/she is the first that I think I have liked from SA.
Yes, it is SA Medley. Love her bright yellow and blue! I can kick myself for trimming my 3 SA Nirvana ponies' hair...but I didn't know then that they are so sought after... :(

Is she a childhood pony?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 01:52:34 PM »
My interest in new ponies waned as soon as my shelf space did... but I still love the ponies I already have, even more so when I only have a few. Then there's more love to go around per pony :D

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 02:07:51 PM »
I never stopped collecting eversince I got my first G1 when I was around 4 years old. Whenever I came across a second hand shop or thrift store I always took a look, hoping to find some pony sweetness. I was actually a little too young to fully have grown up with G1's. But I started collecting as a child when G2 came out. I was obsessed. I drew them, I slept with them, I took Morning Glory everywhere. Then when G3 came out I was already a lot older, but I did enjoy them for a bit. But I just didn't play with them like I used to. After that I had a long break, but liek I said. Thrift stories or small"market" where people sell their old stuff were always my thing. I started collecting officially last year in May when I bought a pony from Marktplaats, which is an Ebay like website in the Netherlands. She was a Brush 'n Grow Curly Locks. I was stunned by her beauty in person and that's when the spark lit up again. Officially this time. I bought so many ponies over the course of 1,5 years.

I have to say, I experience it in phases. Sometimes you have weeks and even months where you are completely obsessed. But then a few weeks of less obsession and more watching your bank account lol. But I always feel the spark lights up when I have a little bit more money to spend. So, for me it goes up and down. But Ponies are always in the back of my mind. Even in the less obsessed phases.

Right now I am obsessed with owning a Rapunzel. I've been savig money for one and I can't wait till I have one.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 07:24:16 PM »
I've been collecting for three and a half years now, and my obsession seems to have grown a lot in the past year, so much that I only ever spend my spending money on ponies instead of books and such. I'm constantly daydreaming about buying and finding ponies. I guess my love just grows stronger every day.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 08:33:27 AM »
I can't speak for anybody else, but I still eat, sleep, everything MLP. :P When I see a tail sticking out of a box at a fleamarket, my heart jumps up. And that's putting it mildly. :mrgreen:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 09:05:22 AM »
im 37 and been collecting nearly all my life :) I stopped when hasbro stopped making G1s but when I found eBay and started again now if I see any thing with G1 ponies on it I usually get it :)

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 09:46:33 AM »
I can't speak for anybody else, but I still eat, sleep, everything MLP. :P When I see a tail sticking out of a box at a fleamarket, my heart jumps up. And that's putting it mildly. :mrgreen:

haha, same XD my last thrift find I did a series of (less-than) gracious leaps through the shop, having spotted ponies in a basket ;)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline BuckinghamAlice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Lost in a Curious Dream
    • View Profile
    • NovelHeart Pony Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »
I think it's normal to be pretty focused on it since it's a fairly new interest.  :)  I've only been collecting for a couple of years, but the intensity of how much I think about ponies/dream about new ones/etc kind of ebbs and flows, depending on what else is going on.  But since I started collecting them, they have been my favorite thing to focus on collecting and I'm more likely to spend any "fun" money I have on ponies rather dolls or comics (the other thing I collect).

Thank you to Bekuno and tailrustedtealeaf for the adoptables!
*~More NovelHeart/Pony Tumblr/Instagram~*

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 01:31:57 PM »
I really really really enjoyed reading all of your replies. I even had a chuckle here and there... :lol:

Thanks for all the advice! I think I will start by focussing on buying all the babies of the adult ponies I have, and the 'mommies' of the babies I have. And also all the Year2 ponies...

Yes, it is SA Medley. Love her bright yellow and blue! I can kick myself for trimming my 3 SA Nirvana ponies' hair...but I didn't know then that they are so sought after... :(

My interest seems to go in waves. I have my childhood collection and stopped buying ponies probably around 12 and then started again when I was 17. That was a great time to find them at garage sales and flea markets and I was getting into ebay. I collected for a few years and then moved out of home so they were in storage for a long time. I got back into them in 2011 when my daughter was 4 and was interested in ponies so my old collection came out of storage for her to play with. Soon after I decided I still wanted them so she got her own collection of G3's and G4's and I've been actively collecting G1's again for about 5 years. I go through phases of buying lots of ponies and phases of focusing on other things. Depends what's happening in life but also in my active collecting phase there are times when all I think about is ponies and times that I'm ok not buying any.

What helped me not go crazy was I made a list of all the ponies I want to collect by year and collection. I did inventory and checked off all the ponies I have and now I know which to look for to complete my sets. I also love mommies and babies so that has been the biggest focus of my collecting and also to have all the babies. I keep an eye out for good deals on ebay, like I was able to buy a lot of almost all the newborn babies in one shot so that saved me a ton of money. I also think the hunt is one of the most exciting parts so instead of trying to find every pony, I hunt for good prices and jump on it when I find one on my wishlist for a good deal. I also have fairly good luck finding ponies in thrift stores so I try not to buy more common ponies online because I inevitably always find them locally and then I have doubles.

And your Medley is gorgeous!!

Livia

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 02:42:04 AM »

Livia

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 02:43:49 AM »
Right now I am obsessed with owning a Rapunzel. I've been savig money for one and I can't wait till I have one.

Good luck with finding your Repunzel!

Livia

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 02:48:23 AM »
And your Medley is gorgeous!!

Thank you Shy Violet  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal