collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: All About Soarin  (Read 6104 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: All About Soarin
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 01:08:50 PM »
They wouldn't need to, they could just use the basic pegasus mold for his body.

That's clearly asking too much of Hasbro.  They shun variety like vampires shun sunlight these days.
Really? Because recycling an existing mold with mere cosmetic differences seems to be their favorite thing especially in MLP :p

All toy companies do that yes. But the degree which Hasbro has drastically reduced the sheer variety of moulds (and worse characters) since Gen 3 is pitiful.

In general, for sure.  But during the past year--not so much.  They've made a lot of new molds.  Fluttershy with folded wings is one of my favorites.

Even among the baby sea ponies they made three different molds, which is pretty generous given that prior to this 'regular' baby ponies had, what, two molds?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 01:29:16 PM »
They did? I've only seen two baby merpony moulds.   :what: Did they announce new ones?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 03:56:04 PM »
Nah, there are three baby sea pony molds: sitting on their tail (Lily Drop), lying down with tail curled under (Sea Poppy), and lying down with tail curled up (Bubble Splash).  Each mold also has a unique head sculpt as well. :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 04:45:10 PM »
Nah, there are three baby sea pony molds: sitting on their tail (Lily Drop), lying down with tail curled under (Sea Poppy), and lying down with tail curled up (Bubble Splash).  Each mold also has a unique head sculpt as well. :)

Oh! I didn't know that. We don't have a Sea Poppy to compare, so I assumed that Sea Poppy and Bubble Splash were in the same pose. Neat. Thanks LM, I'll hafta look at them side by side, once she gets Sea Poppy.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 06:31:28 PM »
NP!  :)  You'll love Sea Poppy, she's so cute!

The 2nd set of babies (which I haven't seen in stores, but they're on Hasbro's toyshop site) are in the same three molds, so there's two babies in each mold.  The Lily Drop one is my favorite, so cute.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »

The 2nd set of babies (which I haven't seen in stores, but they're on Hasbro's toyshop site) are in the same three molds, so there's two babies in each mold.  The Lily Drop one is my favorite, so cute.

She’s one of my favorites too and has become my go to sea pony for funny photos. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »

The Lily Drop pose is my favorite pose.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2017, 06:14:13 AM »
Lilly Drop pose hangs from my lamp beautifully. I have Crystal Pearl and she hangs upsidedown like a bat from my lamp as her permanent home now xd.

Off topic.

I am not a fan of the hair on this pony. I agree with I think it was Ponyfan who said about the hair being like G1 would be nice (ie longer hair on male ponies, too many stereotypes that boys need to have shorter hair...Hasbro did that with Baby Lucky then abandoned it in G1, wish they would do so here.). I actually like his colours, though, so I am really kind of torn on him. I will have to take a trip to TRU to see what he's like in person I think.

...Is it crazy or am I getting the impression (based on what Carrehz said about it being in the UK) that we've had the second set but NOT the first wave (again) with these?

I wanted to send an email to Hasbro about the baby sea ponies but you have to log in and give them all your personal information just to ask them a question, so like heck is that happening O.o. It really seems like Hasbro is producing both waves concurrently but shipping one wave to the US and then the other to the UK/Europe. Hopefully at some point they'll switch and get themselves organised. Sigh.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »
...Is it crazy or am I getting the impression (based on what Carrehz said about it being in the UK) that we've had the second set but NOT the first wave (again) with these?

I found wave 1 in Smyths Toys a few months ago (24th September, to be specific) but I haven't seen them since.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 08:48:40 AM »

I found wave 1 in Smyths Toys a few months ago (24th September, to be specific) but I haven't seen them since.

Hrm. I haven't seen them in Smyths at all, but in fairness I am not sure when the last visit was I made there (before today) so I might just have missed them. Reassuring to know they were here, though. Smyths in the areas I get to hunt often drag out old stuff from the warehouse at random intervals so if they ever had it, they might have it again. Especially at home - here in London they're a bit more ruthless. Thanks for letting me know :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 09:21:58 AM »
I'm not big on this hair style for the boys either.  Hoping they change it in future releases.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 10:18:22 AM »
So why is this series called "All about?" Is there some sort of pamphlet included that details the character? Otherwise I don't see the point in giving the series that name.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
At least it isn't troll hair.

So why is this series called "All about?" Is there some sort of pamphlet included that details the character? Otherwise I don't see the point in giving the series that name.

It's because most of them have designs on their sides that tell "all about" them. Tho I don't understand why Songbird, Photo Finish, and Tempest don't have designs on them when they are part of this line too.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:55:12 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 11:25:42 AM »
Thanks for letting me know :D

No probs, always happy to help another UK collector :) That's weird they haven't shown up in your area, since I think you're in a more 'central' area than me (my 'local' Smyths are both like an hour away) o.O Toy distribution is weird.

I'm not big on this hair style for the boys either.  Hoping they change it in future releases.

Same here. Soarin's hair looks the best out of the three brushable boys, IMO, but I'd still prefer proper long hair for the boys..

I'm really glad they ditched troll hair, though. I'd take the mohawks over troll hair any day.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »
I may have just missed them. I have 2 stores I can check in different regions but not seen them yet...so maybe you were just lucky??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal