collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is ebay strictly for paypal users now?  (Read 931 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Is ebay strictly for paypal users now?
« on: November 25, 2017, 08:55:26 AM »
Please move this, if its in the wrong section. We've been using a preload money card for years with no problem, but now, everytime I try to buy something, it tells me to log into my paypal account which neither of us have. I tried the new card on amazon and had a smooth transaction. Are there any non pp users here like me who are suddenly having problems? Thanks in advance.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Is ebay strictly for paypal users now?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:11:12 AM »
I just bought something last night and although I used Paypal, it still gave me the offer to use a debit card. I think some sellers can set so that you can only buy their items through Paypal?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 05:12:33 AM »
Hope this helps you Whisper.  If you read below I think it mentions that it is the sellers setting for their own account.  Like I am not a merchant so I don't have a storefront to accept a credit card of any style.  So, I only accept paypal.  My buyer can use their credit card through paypal to pay me.  Some people do have that ability and will take payments like what you have tried to use just not all.  Do you need to to grab something for you?

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:17:41 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 11:04:05 AM »
Thanks  TRL and tula for your experiences.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 11:30:57 AM »
Yes, my DH had a real issue with an Ebay LEGO seller over this point. until recently we had ALWAYS submitted our Visa CC *through* Paypal (since, long story, we were blacklisted from Paypal), and then this idiot DEMANDED only PP payment in his shop settings (seller's rights that my DH did not understand when he read the fine print), and Ebay sided with him and was prepared to label my DH's account as a "non-paying bidder".  But we WERE trying to pay through Paypal, just not an "instant balance"! 

Apparently there is a way to create a business Paypal account that does NOT have to accept real, actual credit cards (though this is one of the MAIN features of Paypal!!!!), just to accept payments only FROM an actual Paypal account.

Sadly my DH had to spend hours on the phone with Paypal unravelling the blacklist to create an account (when the service was newer, they stole $1000 from him, messed up all his banks and refused to claim any responsibility - therefore DH contacted upwards until he found IT Management who assured him they would prevent us from ever MAKING another account).

Less than 24 hours later the LEGO was onroute to our house, the non-paying accusations were ceased...

I was so livid I wanted to drive to the seller's house (and actually YES we DID know where he lives!!!) and stuff LEGO in his gas tank, LOL
I think DH appeased me by NOT leaving feedback for the seller because it would NOT have been positive!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 01:54:36 AM »
I don't think so? I bought from eBay just over a week ago and had an option to either pay via PayPal or credit card. I always do use PayPal though as it is an international transaction for me and my credit card. Redtape redtape redtape.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »
Yes, my DH had a real issue with an Ebay LEGO seller over this point. until recently we had ALWAYS submitted our Visa CC *through* Paypal (since, long story, we were blacklisted from Paypal), and then this idiot DEMANDED only PP payment in his shop settings (seller's rights that my DH did not understand when he read the fine print), and Ebay sided with him and was prepared to label my DH's account as a "non-paying bidder".  But we WERE trying to pay through Paypal, just not an "instant balance"! 

Apparently there is a way to create a business Paypal account that does NOT have to accept real, actual credit cards (though this is one of the MAIN features of Paypal!!!!), just to accept payments only FROM an actual Paypal account.

Sadly my DH had to spend hours on the phone with Paypal unravelling the blacklist to create an account (when the service was newer, they stole $1000 from him, messed up all his banks and refused to claim any responsibility - therefore DH contacted upwards until he found IT Management who assured him they would prevent us from ever MAKING another account).

Less than 24 hours later the LEGO was onroute to our house, the non-paying accusations were ceased...

I was so livid I wanted to drive to the seller's house (and actually YES we DID know where he lives!!!) and stuff LEGO in his gas tank, LOL
I think DH appeased me by NOT leaving feedback for the seller because it would NOT have been positive!

Ugh! What a nightmare!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal