collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay help  (Read 949 times)

Offline mindylynpony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
ebay help
« on: November 24, 2017, 09:56:29 PM »
Does anyone know, or have bought from mac-bar on ebay? They have a few auctions im interested in but the photo quality is horrible and I can't tell if anything is wrong with the ponies because there are no noted imperfections in the description...

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ebay help
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 10:18:09 PM »
Did you ask for better photos? I know I'm not very talented at photo taking.

Offline mindylynpony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 10:38:16 PM »
Before I bought something I probably would... but I looked at all their photos for other things and they're all in the same background with the same orangish redish tint... Before I actually asked I just wanted to know if anyone had bought from them... I guess i'm kind of non confrontational...

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 05:16:23 AM »
I would just ask them if there are any flaws since you can't tell in the photos. That way you are covered. If they are that bad, I might just pass on that seller because there are plenty other ponies on eBay and there are tons of sellers who take the time to mention flaws and take good photos.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 05:43:27 AM »
Before I bought something I probably would... but I looked at all their photos for other things and they're all in the same background with the same orangish redish tint... Before I actually asked I just wanted to know if anyone had bought from them... I guess i'm kind of non confrontational...

If all the photos even for the non pony items look the same then it is probably safe to assume it is the equipment. Like Bluerose said ask for a verbal description, but keep in mind they may not be a collector and therefore may have no idea what cancer/ regrind is and also no idea whether the hair is cut or not.

I see you are new to the arena, perhaps not new to collecting, but the MLPwiki is a great place to refer to for hair lengths & body colors:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:50:32 AM »
Yep, if you are unsure, it's always better to ask. A good seller won't mind and it will settle your feelings one way or another about the items in question. If they're not a collectory person, maybe ask very specific questions about the kind of flaws that bother you. I've dealt with a lot of non-expert but lovely sellers on ebay who will go out of their way to help and you can often tell a lot about the kind of seller by how they respond to questions about their items ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal