collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Rawr!

Spike
12 (27.9%)
Fiery
7 (16.3%)
Prickles
7 (16.3%)
Smokey
6 (14%)
Flash
4 (9.3%)
Spiny
4 (9.3%)
Sparks
3 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Who's your favorite Dragon?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Who's your favorite Dragon?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »
I voted for Fiery. Although he is quite bold in his colouring, it has nothing really to do with that. I am strongly influenced by my childhood memories of the dragons and princesses in the comics. They were some of the most individually crafted characters at the time so each of the dragons had personalities of their own and they were also members of the Paws & Claws Club, I think, which was where all the attendants hung out together. I also remember a multipart story where the dragons had to rescue the princesses.

Fiery was bold and protective and looked out for his princess, Pearl, who was the most sensitive Princess and who cried wishing pearls when happy. Fiery was often a strong character but he was very loyal and I liked that about him.

I remember that Smokey was the youngest dragon and that was why he lived with Sapphire, because she was the wisest Princess and could teach him things.

Spiny was clumsy, which was a good match to haphazard and overly helpful Amethyst.

I remember Prickles being the downtoearth foil to Aquamarine's daydreaming.

Sparks was always rushing around trying to keep up with Ruby, who was restless and impatient and always jumping from one thing to the next. Her catchphrase was 'Restless Rubies' and Sparks was often left making sure everything worked out.

The one I remember least is Flash's character :/

Spike obviously had a dominant role in the comic. He was Majesty's attendant, Baby Lucky's best friend and one of the founders of the Paws and Claws club.

As a child I only had Spike and Smokey as Sapphire was my only Princess. But as a child Princess Pearl was my absolute favourite Princess and I really wanted her and her dragon and that emotion has stuck with me :/

I like that the dragons had distinct personalities. They provide a nice contrast to the 'something that is many, even when it is one' mantra of the bushwoolies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 01:39:18 PM »
It makes me wish that not only had America gone with dragons, but the Princess Ponies had gotten more than their introductory story in the series.  They weren't really able to do anything outside of being the group and getting over their pettiness.

Such is life.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 01:46:20 PM »
I voted for Fiery. Although he is quite bold in his colouring, it has nothing really to do with that. I am strongly influenced by my childhood memories of the dragons and princesses in the comics. They were some of the most individually crafted characters at the time so each of the dragons had personalities of their own and they were also members of the Paws & Claws Club, I think, which was where all the attendants hung out together. I also remember a multipart story where the dragons had to rescue the princesses.

Fiery was bold and protective and looked out for his princess, Pearl, who was the most sensitive Princess and who cried wishing pearls when happy. Fiery was often a strong character but he was very loyal and I liked that about him.

I remember that Smokey was the youngest dragon and that was why he lived with Sapphire, because she was the wisest Princess and could teach him things.

Spiny was clumsy, which was a good match to haphazard and overly helpful Amethyst.

Sparks was always rushing around trying to keep up with Ruby, who was restless and impatient and always jumping from one thing to the next. Her catchphrase was 'Restless Rubies' and Sparks was often left making sure everything worked out.

Spike obviously had a dominant role in the comic. He was Majesty's attendant, Baby Lucky's best friend and one of the founders of the Paws and Claws club.

As a child I only had Spike and Smokey as Sapphire was my only Princess. But as a child Princess Pearl was my absolute favourite Princess and I really wanted her and her dragon and that emotion has stuck with me :/

I like that the dragons had distinct personalities. They provide a nice contrast to the 'something that is many, even when it is one' mantra of the bushwoolies.

Those are cute stories. :) Poor Sparks.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 03:39:52 PM »
I am torn between smokey and frirey.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »

Thanks for this info Taffeta. The dragons are much more interesting than the bushwoolies. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »

Thanks for this info Taffeta. The dragons are much more interesting than the bushwoolies. :)

Ponyfan

Definitely!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »
Well we had fewer ponies than the US, so Hasbro and the comic had to milk what they had. The basis formany of these ideas were the boxes and also the fact file. I have Ruby and Pearl's boxes but the comic took it much further. Naybe LM has some dragon comic story scand uploaded? I think the multi part story I am thinking of was around issue 40. I have a spare of one of those issues so I thinj that is right...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 05:22:49 PM »
The dragons do sound more interesting. But the Bushwoolies had been a feature of the cartoon (which was all the US had) well before the Princess Ponies were made, which I guess is why Hasbro decided to make them as accessories for the US release.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Punaherukka

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2017, 07:02:43 AM »
Voted Prickles, because he (or she? Did the dragons have specified genders?) was my only childhood dragon. I got Princess Serena as a birthday gift when I turned five, and I remember loving the dragon more than the pony. I still have him, even though time (and rough play) has dirtied him a little and chipped the paint from his spikes and toes. Loved old friend.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2017, 07:57:42 AM »
Dragons were all male ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 08:47:32 AM »
Well we had fewer ponies than the US, so Hasbro and the comic had to milk what they had. The basis formany of these ideas were the boxes and also the fact file. I have Ruby and Pearl's boxes but the comic took it much further. Naybe LM has some dragon comic story scand uploaded? I think the multi part story I am thinking of was around issue 40. I have a spare of one of those issues so I thinj that is right...
You also had more stories.  The comic was cranking out 26 issues a year and each issue had multiple stories or story parts each.  The second season of the series only had thirteen episodes divided between seven stories (two of which were standalones about the First Tooth Baby ponies and another three were about old characters).  Compare the Season 1's stories were the characters were chosen more for how well they fit the story as individuals and Season 2 where both the Princess ponies and the Big Brother ponies were treated as a set because the two sets were going to get one story each.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2017, 03:57:13 PM »
I love the dragons! It's a close run thing between Prickles and Spiny  because of their lovely colours :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 04:35:24 PM »
I like the color yellow, hence Flash  :P
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2017, 08:28:42 PM »
I don't know who any of them are but I have to say they are all cute from pictures that I have seen. :)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 01:34:19 AM »
I like all the dragons, though I don't have any of them. I really love the descriptions of them and their princesses in the UK factfile. Their prices seem a bit scary, but maybe one day I'll get my hands on a Spike.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal