collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check Hybrid Moonstone/Sunbeam aka Sunstone Italy  (Read 2327 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Price check Hybrid Moonstone/Sunbeam aka Sunstone Italy
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 05:32:40 AM »
Please don't try and seal her neck up again, it could cause future problems should you ever choose to part with her. It looks like either her neck was pulled apart at some point or someone half tried to remove her head at some point.

IMHO I think she is authentic, but that is only my opinion. You have to see how you feel about her.

It is tricky as we do not understand how she came about, no one has ever found one MOC or MIB so we do not know of her distribution, was she an end of line "lets make ponies using the left overs", was she some sort of "exclusive" and so on.

As I have said before, buying ponies is taking a risk you take and nirvana ponies are an even bigger risk.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 06:35:31 AM »
I agree with pkw.  I never glue the heads back on.  I haven't full heartedly tried this, but if you are able to warm up the neck seam to soften the plastic (can use a hiar/blow dryer), try holding the head and body together (maybe  even used well placed tape temporarily).  The plastic might reshape itself, and although the fit may not be perfect...perhaps an improvement of what you are currently have. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 12:56:46 PM »
Thanks for the advice Kitty and jrr74. I will not glue her then. I honestly think she in genuine, but had a terrible neck and some previous owner tried to glue her but failed and used the wrong glue. Is there a way to get rid of the glue stains? It makes her look fake and tempered with. I tried rubbing some pure acetone on it but it didn't work. Any other tricks to remove super glue stains?
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 04:23:19 PM »
The Italy glue stains, it’s like that with all Italian ponies. It’s like the misprinted eyes, a feature if you will ;)

I’ve never had success trying to remove it, so it’s best left! You have to be careful with acetone as it can dull the surface of a pony.

Love pkw xx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »
Oh I didn't know that about the stains. Since no one ever called it out. The stains are brown-ish. So I thoguht it was glue that someone used to try and glue the gap of the neck. It's not that bad really. But I could try the blowdrying thing. Need to buy one first since I don't have one lol. I just hate ponies with loose or open necks. It looks so off to me :P
My wish list: Click here!.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal