collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collection Evolution (lots of pics)  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Collection Evolution (lots of pics)
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 09:44:18 PM »
I'd say Big Mac blends decently. The main thing that makes Big Mac and Shining Armor (and that's the original Shiny, the troll doll hair is a dead giveaway) look so different is that much like the larger Princesses they have proper muzzles, but then that reflects the show.
The other thing is bad hair - and Big Mac's overly short nylon mane is even worse than Shining's troll-doll hair IMO. That at least can be styled somewhat.
Be warned that the All About series ponies are prone to having their eyes printed too low and sometimes too far out to the sides and Big Mac's muzzle makes it stand out all the more.

Thanks. They're not available here, I'd have to import them, so I want to be sure before I fork out the money for postage. I'll probably end up getting someone from here to pick them up for me, rather than rolling the dice on an online store one. At least a fellow collector will try to pick something with less flaws.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 02:37:51 PM »
@FiddlePhan I made the white risers. They were a piece of bristol paper folded in a zig zag and put over styrofoam.

@Stormness_1 I feel like since there was no established consistency with the stallions yet, only having one other boy, that he doesn't seem too stylistically out of place. The muzzle actually looks more consistent with the old style girls than the new more turned-up style to me. He does stand out a little more because of the bright red color not seen much in the other ponies. I have myself hesitated on buying any of the new female ponies because I'm afraid they will look weird alongside the others. Big Mac is quite adorable in person and I like him as a stand alone toy even despite some of his non-show accurate traits.

@ZeldaTheSwordsman I agree about the hair. I was never too bothered by SA's hair as some people were and while I do like that Big Mac's mane is short it does seem like it'd be difficult to style. His eyes wouldn't seem so low of he had a proper forelock.

Pic just for fun. I still need to take one of all 3 apple siblings...
Big Mac by Flitter337, on Flickr
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:41:17 PM by Flitter »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 03:24:07 PM »

@Stormness_1 I feel like since there was no established consistency with the stallions yet, only having one other boy, that he doesn't seem too stylistically out of place. The muzzle actually looks more consistent with the old style girls than the new more turned-up style to me. He does stand out a little more because of the bright red color not seen much in the other ponies. I have myself hesitated on buying any of the new female ponies because I'm afraid they will look weird alongside the others. Big Mac is quite adorable in person and I like him as a stand alone toy even despite some of his non-show accurate traits.

Pic just for fun. I still need to take one of all 3 apple siblings...
Big Mac by Flitter337, on Flickr

Thanks. They finally came out here, so I bought him! I haven't unpacked him yet, but when I do, I'll post pics!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 04:34:38 PM »
@Stormness_1 Alright!  :happy:

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 03:37:32 PM »
I love your August 2015 picture! The way you have the brushables displayed on the acrylic racks with each corresponding blind bag is AWESOME! I am absolutely going to do that once I get my collection back up :biggrin: So glad you are happy with how it evolved <3
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 10:16:59 PM »
@Raspberry Brulee I was really fun to match them up like that when I had the bbs  ^.^ (The completest in me was always slightly frustrated at the few characters that didn't have a matching mini though.)
I hope you will share pics when you are able to have your collection out again!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal