collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What MLP Generation do you resonate with?

G1s
G2s
G3s
G4s
All/Some
G3.5

Author Topic: Does anyone have just one gen that they stick to?  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have just one gen that they stick to?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 04:41:35 PM »
My first G1 was Windy.
Woot! Snap! :D Rainbow Ponies ftw!

It annoys me that right now there is a crop top nightwear set in Primark with Windy and Moonstone on and because I know I'd never wear it I can't buy it :( but it's so nice to see her getting love :D

Ooh! That sounds cute!
I love Rainbow ponies. They're such a beautiful, but simple set.

They are indeed. I love them too. I am still sad we only got the first set here (and a weird deluded Confetti who cosplayed as a bride at a fairy's wedding...O.o.)

Well, given the stallion to mare ratio period, most of them could only dream.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2017, 02:03:32 AM »
G1 only. :) I like some designs on other generations, especially G2, but I just can't make them count unless they're G1. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2017, 03:11:22 AM »
I'm a multi-gen collector.
My first ponies were Ride-Along Fluttershy and the Celestia and Luna 2-pack, bought at Target in 2011. Later that year I also bought G4 Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle. At the thrift store I found my first G1s and G3s: a bag containing Sparkler, Skyflier, Rainbow Flash, Scootaloo, a Ponyville Scootaloo, a fakie inspired by the G1 Carousel Ponies, and I believe McDonald's Minty and Rainbow Dash were also in that bag. I also ordered Rosedust off eBay when a cheap one turned up because I really really wanted her in the wake of seeing the movie and End of Flutter Valley - she is my favorite pony. Yard sales (I forget if they were late that year or early the next) yielded Forget-me-Not, the doll that was the base for my "Grown-up Megan" custom, and my sole G2 (Sundance IIRC but not sure). 2012 was the year I started buying ponies in earnest with the money my spring seasonal job. eBay, forums, thrifting, and a collectables/antique shop in town for G1s, Target for G4s. And so on. G1 and G4 have been my main focuses, though I have picked up a few more G3s (namely Hidden Treasure, Royalette, and Bashful Bonnet plus more McDonald's G3s, which are just the right size for interacting with regular G4s) at yard sales and as I got more into it ordered a couple off eBay: Razzaroo, Star Catcher, and I want to say that's where I got my G3 Pinkie Pie. The one gen that I haven't really gone to any trouble to collect more of is G2.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal