collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else a BTS fan?  (Read 729 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Anyone else a BTS fan?
« on: November 19, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »
Is anyone else here a fan of BTS? They performed on the AMAs tonight and it was daebak  :lol: I've only been following them since early summer, but I think they're awesome. I'm both super excited to see them all over American media this month because I love to watch them, ha ha, and also a little nervous that this Korean band's move into the U.S. market will change them and what I like about them. Anyway, any fellow fans here? I'd love to hear your thoughts ^.^

Offline ScreamingDaisies

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else a BTS fan?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:45:10 PM »
I don't know any BTS songs - but I got excited when I saw a KPop group  mentioned here haha. I dabble in KPop. Love Big Bang and 2NE1.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if BTS truly broke into the US market. Many have tried and no one's succeeded. That's really cool they played the AMA's. I'll have to check the performance out!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you babyblueducky!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 01:47:41 PM »
I don't know any BTS songs - but I got excited when I saw a KPop group  mentioned here haha. I dabble in KPop. Love Big Bang and 2NE1.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if BTS truly broke into the US market. Many have tried and no one's succeeded. That's really cool they played the AMA's. I'll have to check the performance out!
Hi, fellow K-pop fan! I'm pretty new to k-pop and pretty ignorant about groups as a whole, but I have definitely heard of Big Bang. :thumb: Yeah, I hope BTS doesn't break into the US market in a mainstream way. It would be great if they keep a niche following! As you've mentioned, no one's succeeded; and I feel like if they do succeed, they'll lose both what makes them K-pop and what makes them awesome people. They'd have more fame than I think is good for anyone. Their AMA performance was great, even though it's not my favorite song! (They performed DNA.) I actually love Spring Day (which is an outlier for them; they don't do a lot of soft songs) and popular songs like Fire, Dope, and Save Me.

What are your favorite songs? I don't know a lot of other group's songs but I'm learning. It'd be great to get recommendations from a fellow pony person.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 07:23:31 AM »
I love K-Pop! favorite K-Pop groups and singers are:
Girls Generation/SNSD
F(x) (disbanded)
4Minute (disbanded)
HyunA
CL
Red Velvet
EXID and
T-ara

That's all for now.  :)

Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Endless_collectathon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • I love Lanard ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 02:31:15 PM »
I've been a kpop fan since about 2011! Things have changed so much, but I'm so happy that so many more people here are starting to listen to kpop!

What are your favorite songs? I don't know a lot of other group's songs but I'm learning. It'd be great to get recommendations from a fellow pony person.
My favorite songs by BTS are Blood, Sweat, and Tears, and the Cyphers are soo good. Save Me is amazing, and the video is cool fresh too.
Seventeen is a good group to get into if you like variety. They have a dance, rap, and vocal sub-unit. I love their rap songs Change Up, and Coincidence. Clap, their new single, is great too. Red Velvet is kind of the same, they have two styles of songs, the more pop Red songs and the ballad Velvet songs. Ice Cream Cake is the song that got me into them. Exo is just Exo, pretty much all their songs are great, especially Ko Ko Bop. Block B is my fav group, even though I know they have so many flaws. They look terrible in it, but their new song is called Shall We Dance. It's a lot of fun. B.A.P. is from the same era, they have a lot of variety to their sound but Honeymoon is a wonderful song they released recently. Vixx is a good group if you love dark, intense concepts, same with Dreamcatcher, a girl group. I would recommend Shangri-La and Chase Me, respectively. Pristin is a bright and fun girl group without being too candy-pop, Wee Woo and We Like are my jam for sure. Cosmic Girls are incredible too, just listen to literally any of their songs haha.
I could go on for ages :) a good place to check is this Wikipedia article, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_South_Korean_music
It's how I stay up to date and find new groups I've never listened to!

Girls Generation/SNSD
F(x) (disbanded)
4Minute (disbanded)
HyunA
CL
Red Velvet
EXID and
T-ara

I could be wrong, but f(x) isn't disbanded yet! Hopefully we'll get at least one more album before SM smashes them into dust. I got so scared when I read that haha. (OP I also recommend f(x), they only have like 4 albums over 8 years of existing but all of them are so good)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »
I've been a kpop fan since about 2011! Things have changed so much, but I'm so happy that so many more people here are starting to listen to kpop!

Girls Generation/SNSD
F(x) (disbanded)
4Minute (disbanded)
HyunA
CL
Red Velvet
EXID and
T-ara

I could be wrong, but f(x) isn't disbanded yet! Hopefully we'll get at least one more album before SM smashes them into dust. I got so scared when I read that haha. (OP I also recommend f(x), they only have like 4 albums over 8 years of existing but all of them are so good)
I've just read there's a supposed comeback for f(x) this year, here's to hoping!
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
Girls Generation/SNSD
F(x) (disbanded)
4Minute (disbanded)
HyunA
CL
Red Velvet
EXID and
T-ara

Cool! I've heard of some of these and, strangely enough, seen BTS members dancing to some of the girl groups' songs :lol: Or maybe that's normal for idol groups, even if they are guys?

My favorite songs by BTS are Blood, Sweat, and Tears, and the Cyphers are soo good. Save Me is amazing, and the video is cool fresh too.
Seventeen is a good group to get into if you like variety. They have a dance, rap, and vocal sub-unit. I love their rap songs Change Up, and Coincidence. Clap, their new single, is great too. Red Velvet is kind of the same, they have two styles of songs, the more pop Red songs and the ballad Velvet songs. Ice Cream Cake is the song that got me into them. Exo is just Exo, pretty much all their songs are great, especially Ko Ko Bop. Block B is my fav group, even though I know they have so many flaws. They look terrible in it, but their new song is called Shall We Dance. It's a lot of fun. B.A.P. is from the same era, they have a lot of variety to their sound but Honeymoon is a wonderful song they released recently. Vixx is a good group if you love dark, intense concepts, same with Dreamcatcher, a girl group. I would recommend Shangri-La and Chase Me, respectively. Pristin is a bright and fun girl group without being too candy-pop, Wee Woo and We Like are my jam for sure. Cosmic Girls are incredible too, just listen to literally any of their songs haha.
I could go on for ages :) a good place to check is this Wikipedia article, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_South_Korean_music
It's how I stay up to date and find new groups I've never listened to!
Blood, Sweat, and Tears is awesome, and Save Me was one of the first BTS MVs I saw, so I'm soft for it. I'll have to check out the songs you mentioned! I have heard "Ice Cream Cake" and it got caught in my head (in a good way, I like it!) And I think YouTube played Ko Ko Bop for me one day when I let it randomly play stuff (if the lines are something like "shimmy shimmy ko ko bop" XD; I sometimes don't look at the singer if I'm busy)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal