collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it harder to find g4 blindbags these days, or is it just me?  (Read 672 times)

Offline Xenotropos

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • the blindbag addiction is real
    • View Profile
Is it harder to find g4 blindbags these days, or is it just me?
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:35:39 PM »
As some of you probably know, I have a little g4 blindbag obsession collection.  I'm not looking to collect every pony, but I do like to add to my nerd herd and customize them when I get time.

I was hoping the movie would bring a new rush of blindbags to my area, but sadly this isn't the case.  I think our local Walmart got one box in.  I snagged a couple and so far, no new ponies.  We also don't have any of the movie tie-in mini sets (yes, I'm trying to convince myself that a grown woman NEEDS a Canterlot Castle playset, because I have a mighty need would like to add that Celestia figure to the gang, but the eBay costs plus shipping is insane and I just can't justify it to myself, yet).

I've also noticed that even the factory seconds I sometimes buy from chinese resellers are getting harder to find too.  Plus the prices have gone way up.

Anybody else here in tiny horse drought conditions, or is it just me?

p.s. Months of thrift store shopping has yielded ONE tiny horse - a rainbow dash.  She will be loved but it takes a lot of digging through mountains of mcdonalds toys and bags of contorted barbies to find them.  But the hunt there continues.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Is it harder to find g4 blindbags these days, or is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »
They must not have been selling well locally, because the only kinds my nearby stores have are the Apple Family wave and the Sugarcube Corner wave. They just now started getting the Nightmare Night wave a good year or so after the original playset was sold for it.
I have little hope for coming across the movie waves in store, so I may have to order a box online although that does take out a lot of fun for me.  :zzz:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 05:54:44 PM »
Nope. I just saw a box of brand new characters at Walmart and TrU last week.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 05:56:36 PM »
I don’t think blind bags are selling well in my area. The Walmart stores if they still have blind bags are still on the Sugar Cube corner ones  or the Apple family and only carried the Nightmare Night “bonus” pack (you had to buy a Sugar Cube Corner blind bag to get the Nightmare Night one) for a short time. Toys R Us has the Rarity’s Boutique but not the MLP movie set.

That’s interesting Leave a Whisper. :)
Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Xenotropos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »

Our local Walmart is a strange hall of gloom.  S'probably just my Wallyworld being it's usual self.

(I'm sorry - I don't know what a TrU is  :(  )

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »

Our local Walmart is a strange hall of gloom.  S'probably just my Wallyworld being it's usual self.

(I'm sorry - I don't know what a TrU is  :(  )
Toys R Us!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Xenotropos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 06:40:32 PM »
They must not have been selling well locally, because the only kinds my nearby stores have are the Apple Family wave and the Sugarcube Corner wave. They just now started getting the Nightmare Night wave a good year or so after the original playset was sold for it.
I have little hope for coming across the movie waves in store, so I may have to order a box online although that does take out a lot of fun for me.  :zzz:

*offers you a warm cup of Commiseration Tea*  I missed getting that lovely Princess Luna card one they put out some years ago, so when I saw they had a Tempest Shadow set ads I got all grabby-hands.  Sadly they haven't appeared up here.  I did break down and order a Tempest from someone in Poland (one of those magazine insert ponies) but I paid a premium price for her.  She's a nice horse, and the shipper was prompt so I can't grumble.  Plus I managed to stumble across a "cake topper" (aka cheap knockoff copy from a real set of ponies) of Grubber that's the right size to go with her, but he needs a repaint in the worst way. Right now he's slightly sticky to the touch and the paint on his eyes is a bit... disturbing.

I'd love that Luna but I can't pay over 30 dollars for one plastic mini horse.  With shipping that's about the going rate on eBay - and you don't wanna know what they're charging for that lovely Celestia.

One day our ponies will come.... :P

Post Merge: November 19, 2017, 06:42:23 PM

Toys R Us!

*smacks forehead*  Of course - sorry about that.

We do have a TrU but it's in a weird spot and I can't get to it that often.  Maybe I should mount an expedition.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:42:23 PM by Xenotropos »

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »
I think they really overproduced the FIM Apple Family collection - I'm still frequently finding them in stores including Walmart.  All the FIM Collection sets after the Sugarcube Corner sets have been tricky to track down.  Other than Golden Oak Library set, the Nightmare Night ones only showed up for a short time and the larger story packs only recently showed up at Five Below.  Out of Rarity's sets only the Carousel Boutique ever appeared in stores (I'm still looking for the singles and story packs).  The smaller Movie sets are showing up in odd places (the small sets at Big Lots and the larger sets at Family Dollar), but I haven't found Canterlot Castle yet.

The boxes of blind bags haven't been very easy either.  Some Targets have finally gotten Wave 16 (the first of the three Nightmare Night waves).  Wave 17 was only at Walmart packed with the Sugarcube Corner wave (wave 15), and Wave 18 was only at Walgreens last Easter.  I am finding Wave 20 fairly often now but no sign of Wave 19 and it's still not uncommon to find the Sugarcube Corner wave or even one of the Apple Family waves instead.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 06:06:09 AM »
I definitely think they produced way too many of the Apples.. they're all over the place over here XP

I've had a hard time finding blind bags, too. Doesn't help that they split the waves in two over here, so when I finally find one half of the wave I need to wait for the next half to be released :(

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 09:52:44 AM »
Up here they had wave 15 for ages and suddenly I spotted wave 22 because of the movie. And where was wave 13?  I only see them on ebay.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal