collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Ponysona Creation help?  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
New Ponysona Creation help?
« on: November 18, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
Hi peeps!

Inspired by Witch's thread, I'd like to ask you guys for input when it comes to personas!

For a looong time, Neko's been my persona, and I think a lot of you guys might recognise her :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's been my persona since probably my first year here, though she's gone through some changes xD
Well. Point is, we don't click. I don't click with her design at all anymore, sadly. I'll always keep her, as she's been *my* pony for the past 10 years or so, but I'm sad to say I've outgrown? her. I don't feel the design, or the name.
So a while back, I did a ponysona creation meme someone posted here, and ended up with this pony, whom I temporarily named "Rosie" (although that is a name I don't want to use, either):

She's better, IMO, but still not *me*. I don't want her to be all extra and be a unipeg, I'd rather have her an unicorn or an earth pony. I like her colour scheme in this one, however. Her symbol is... meh:/ just something I threw together fast to finish the meme.

In Witch's thread we discussed aesthetics vs representation, which I feel is a very good point. But both my aesthetics and my personality/interests are sooo scattered.
Gonna quote myself from Witch's thread (+ add a few lines):
Thing is I'm a bit of an all-over-the-place-person.
I LOVE pastels, kawaii stuff and lolita clothes (especially sweet. but I don't wear them >_>). I dress very goth/metal and do my makeup like that, and I love everything dark and spoopy, piercings, tattoos, corsets etc as well xD (and I definitely don't want a white pony with black-and-purple mane and heavy eye makeup. :V). I'm also a huge geek and play WoW for example (Taured druid tank!). I do art (obviously), mostly traditional and when I'm at home I just artsy fart about in totally boho clothes like harem pants and huge knitted jumpers and drink lots of tea (and some wine if it's a weekend), messy (well, for me. I'm particular about keeping my hair as healthy and long as possible XD ) hair, no makeup etc. I'm a witch (think wiccan) and love crystals, tarot, all the tumblr-witchy stuff basically (before it was cool >A< !!1!!11 )
Aaaand then animals. I'd have all the pets if I could fit them, but currently just cats and a reef tank (in progress), but we want to get rattos, more tanks, snake etc.
I'm also super into historically recreating and dressing in medieval clothes, and we go to the Medieval Week event in Gotland, sweden each summer. I'm also somewhere between rockabilly/gothabilly sometimes, and just looove the rockabilly, gothabilly and psychobilly styles.
So yeah, what's my ideal ponysona? XD Something that screams me, even if not everything above is represented. I think you can see why I have a problem ^^'

Ideally, I'd like to have some level of representation, obviously. but I just... have no idea where to start. Or, well. I do know I want her to have the nose ring/septum piercing. That's my own most favourite and the one piercing I'd NEVER get rid of :) apart from that...? No idea, so any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
x

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: New Ponysona Creation help?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 07:17:22 PM »
Hmm... Maybe you could have your ponysona have the style of gothic Lolita fashion since you love Lolita things but dress goth/metal. She could wear a witch hat and be a unicorn to represent how you're a witch. And on her outfit she could have lots of pins representing your interest, like animal pins, a controller, and a medieval dress. I have no idea about her symbol/cutie mark, but maybe you could do something representing how "all-over-the-place" you are? Hope this helps :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Shaiyeh

• View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »
Thanks for the input Safflower :D it's great seeing what other people make of one's scattered ramblings x) I'll be sketching over the coming week and I'll make sure to see what I can do with your ideas, I especially like the hat... and since you said lolita, I'm thinking a lacey hat ;3; cuuute!

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 02:33:56 PM »
I’m so excited to see your progress! Definitely post your experiments.

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Shaiyeh

• View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »
Aaaah I've been neglecting working on this because I've still felt absolutely lost xD

However, I totally feel like this is gonna work out, gonna create more of these (making an adoptie base should make it a lot easier, too xD )to see if I can get somewhere, but I'm FEELING the lavender one. (the thing on her nose is a nose ring xD ). So far still feeling like earth pony is the thing for me. But yes, this is what I have so far ^^
Did sketch a few babbos today tho, but I'm more feeling like making this an adoptie, haha.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 08:12:58 AM »
you can always make a few ponys to have and enjoy and then make one to represent you. my pony Sky-pin sorta represents me but is really a character of her own at this point. I wouldn't really call her a ponysona anymore just an OC.

So maybe start with that, make a few ponies you like that you can just have a OC ponies, and that will give you an outlet for all the scattered things you like, then you can make a pony-sona that represents you more directly.

Just my suggestion, I've been flirting with the same thing!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 07:47:21 AM »
Oof, designing a new ponysona can be so difficult! If you're unsure about what to include then you can always consider splitting it over 2 OC's :)

I really like the one in the lower right corner though :D

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 02:13:19 PM »
Aaaah I've been neglecting working on this because I've still felt absolutely lost xD

However, I totally feel like this is gonna work out, gonna create more of these (making an adoptie base should make it a lot easier, too xD )to see if I can get somewhere, but I'm FEELING the lavender one. (the thing on her nose is a nose ring xD ). So far still feeling like earth pony is the thing for me. But yes, this is what I have so far ^^
Did sketch a few babbos today tho, but I'm more feeling like making this an adoptie, haha.

Loving that lavender girl! She's beautiful, and the colours work great!

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal