Pony Talk > Pony Corral

What's your favorite backcard/box art?

(1/6) > >>

lalalei2001:
I love seeing vintage artwork in 80s toys and MLP is no exception ^^ I really like G2's Pegasus Ponies and Unicorns too, as well as G3's ponies with unique colors, like Moondancer, Autumn Skye, and Waterfire.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What are your favorites?

glitterball:
Ah, G1 backcard artwork  :lovey:

even as a child I found it so pretty that I didn't throw away my packaging (parents had a "tidy" and packaging sneakily vanished...)

I have fond memories of UK year 1 packaging from my Cotton Candy - I would look at the lovely pastel pictures of these gentle ponies and dream of one day being able to draw them like that too!

I also remember the first Twinkle Eye cards and the Flutter Pony boxes (I was so careful opening those and tried to keep them looking as-new... again they vanished...)

I am so glad that people have scanned them and shared them online so that I can relive my youth!  :lol:

Moonbreeze:
G2! The art is so pretty! And the colours are always so dreamy. I might be biased tho :P They're my childhood gen.

G1 is also very beautiful. I love that those are entire scenes :D

Ponyfan:
I love G1 art the most. For a long time I kept a lot of my backcards. I remember having backcards for Baby Pearly, Coco Berry, Baby Palm Tree. Mirror Mirror and a few others. I kept them for a long time in a backpack with my sticker books but the last couple of times I looked in there the backcards were gone.  I don't remember throwing them away, but I might have when I thought I would never be in to ponies again. I'm also glad that others have scanned the backcard art so I can enjoy the artwork and stories.

Ponyfan

LadyMoondancer:
The G1 Twinkle-Eye packaging (first year) is my favorite.  So beautiful, with all the ponies standing on fluffy clouds as rainbow waterfalls cascade around them!

Also, the G1 pearly baby sea ponies.  In fact, sea ponies in general have stunning backcards!

The original baby backcard is another of my favorites.  Doesn't Baby Blossom look just perfect?

And even though I'm not that fond of the actual ponies, I looove the BBE backcard.

They look so vibrant and lively!  And it seems to be a night scene, which is unusual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version