collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Updated: The International shipping was sent, thank you ponies.  (Read 3007 times)

Offline scarletmoon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+50)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mexican pony lover
    • View Profile
Updated: The International shipping was sent, thank you ponies.
« on: November 17, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »
Im writing to ask if you Would  give me an advice of this topic? .  about a shipping trade,
Im dealing with   members of the arena, they are collectors. we have a shipping trade between Countries.

I received ponies for them here in Mexico ( they used my address) , and then I  sent them to Country they live. ( What I already did)

They have received my ponies too in USA, during the year, the ones I bought from ebay  and they are supposed to send them to Mexico.

But one of the girls gave my ponies to her friend in Canada (it was suppossed the shipping was going to be cheaper.)

They are arguing is too expensive to send to Mexico with a tracking a number.

I made a trade with a Canadian girl this year , the shipping for 6 ponies was 24 CAN registered.
I made a trade with a UK member too, was 24 usd

I dont have problem on pay for the shipping, but they say  with tracking number will be 100usd to Mexico from Canada. ( mail overrating the price).

My first question was, Which mail should I use? to have a register or tracking number so the price wont be that expensive.

I have got an address in Canada to send the ponies, and sent an email to this girl, to ship there, but she didnt answer at all.

I bought them from ebay. I  trust this member girls, we are  trying to get a solution, so I hope we can get the best way to deal.

What would you do with this situation?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:10:57 AM by scarletmoon »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice/Suggestions/ International Trade who dont want to send my mlp
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 04:29:00 PM »
I hope the mods can help you out, but what I do know is that CanadaPost (with tracking for international destinations) is SUPER stupid expensive now.  Getting the ponies OUT of Canada is not going to be cheap... :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 04:39:36 PM »
Wow that is super high, but I am not saying it is the wrong quote or anything.  It may have something to do with it going fully registered, insured, maybe express and tracked.  A lot of people want all of those things to protect themselves in case a lot of items go missing or are damaged.  You need moderator help though if we have members who have received your end of a trade and have not shipped to you.  Usually shipping costs are agreed upon prior to sending and getting involved in a trade. It sounds like you are writing that you sent your ponies but are having problems getting the ponies you were supposed to get in a trade due to unexpected shipping costs that the trader has encountered.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:42:02 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »
Have them send you the link to the website that they are using to calculate shipping.  In fact, have them send a screen shot of the quoted price if it can show the rest of the pertinent information at the same time (weight, shipping from, going to, type stuff)  I have no idea why someone would think it is cheaper to ship from Canada instead of the USA.  Definitely contact a moderator.  If you click  on the staff list tab near the top (home  forum  help  rules  search...Staff list...), it will show the administrators and moderators for the arena.  Good luck!!
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:44:05 AM »
This sounds awful. If they agreed to a trade, they have to hold up their end of the bargain, regardless of shipping costs (they should have factored that in!). It probably cost an arm and a leg for you to ship to them as well, but you did it, because that was the agreement. At the very least, contact a mod, this isn't right!!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 04:07:37 AM »
I might me misreading, but this isn't a real trade isn't it? You used their address for eBay stuff you bought and they should forward them to you?

The enormous shipping could be due to the amount of pony's. How many pony's are there?
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »
I might me misreading, but this isn't a real trade isn't it? You used their address for eBay stuff you bought and they should forward them to you?

The enormous shipping could be due to the amount of pony's. How many pony's are there?

From my understanding from reading here, it is that, but they also used the OP's address for the same thing, so it's still a trade.

Both buyers bought things and had them shipped to the other's address.

OP forwarded those items as agreed, but their partner did not.

Partner has received their ponies from Mexico, and for some reason sent their half of the trade to Canada for cheaper shipping?

OP is still waiting for their partner (or their friend) to ship.

It's not like shipping is going to get cheaper. Perhaps you could agree to each pay for your own shipping? Like the partner pays OP what it cost to ship their item, and the OP pays to finally get their items from the partner's friend, if the discrepancy is that huge? Or even the OP offer to pay the difference, just to finally get their stuff?

This is sad, because what could be a cool mutually beneficial agreement, seems to have gone down the proverbial toilet. At any rate, I hope you're not responding here because you're talking to the mods to get this resolved. Best of luck!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 07:03:23 PM »
I have no idea why someone would think it is cheaper to ship from Canada instead of the USA. 

Ah I see, I already thought by your communication that something was odd.
scarletmoon, in case it could calm you a little, the member you talked about has forwarded all my ponies to me in Germany and France, it is indeed a lot cheaper that way because Canada still has a "small parcel" option which the US doesn't have anymore. Which means that it is cheaper without tracking/insurance, I don't know the prices for tracked shipping out of Canada but I remember some Ebay member who wouldn't ship uninsured and I didn't buy because of that, as shipping would have been just insanely expensive.

Also, the member from Canada we both know had ponies (and other stuff) for me with the worth of several hundreds of $ and I can say she's been 100% honest with me, she just forwarded everything, she and her friend in the US put in nice extras etc... I know she is travelling a lot, I myself am very patient so it wasn't a big deal for me that she is not always available. I think there is a misunderstanding there, and I hope you're not in doubt with me as well as I wouldn't consider it a win to keep ponies which don't belong to me, with the knowledge that by the law of karma, I would only create a debt in my own future. Please allow a little time for me to catch up with everything after my two month trip to France and I will get back to you very soon.  :hug:

Offline scarletmoon

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mexican pony lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 11:03:40 AM »
Its  a "trade" of addresses, they used my address and I used their, I paid fo the ponies, and they did the same,
I also offering to pay the shipping inside Canada, so they wont loose their money, right?

Post Merge: November 19, 2017, 11:54:44 AM

Thanks all for your responses.

Tiara, thanks a lot for your response,

I really trust you girls, I just want to understand if something is wrong?
I know Canadian girl has sent lot of packages to you, in Europe and I know they with expensive stuff in it.

I'm ok to wait if you ask so, but I just need please clear communication.

If the Canadian girl knows is very expensive to send,  she would said that before picking the package?
Something like: ( "hey I didnt take yours, because ... ) Im a nice observator too, of going and receiving packages, Im ok with it , as long as I receive info.

If shes worry about the shipping cost, well the USA girl had to wait instead of giving the ponies to send from Canada, and ship from USA. ( if the USA girl cant ship, well, let me know she just cant)
So I can take decisions of what to do. or Who else to ask. or how to solve it.

I have a lot of options to send where ever you are when ever can and want to send.
If you want to send to Canada I have 2  addresses
If you want to send From USA to USA I have an address too.
Want to send fro Europe, too.
If you re worry about expensive shipping, I also can pay for the shipping.

Why am I ask for register or tracking? cause its better to know where package is. Customs here pick them if they are not register.

If we are worry about the season of the year, I know its complicated,  I believe its an option too to wait instead of loose packages, I never have loose or lost any packages.
You also have helped me with the issues of other  buys shipping ( I always remember)
We still have ponies from each other, ( theres a box pending from me)

I have received this year boxes from Canada,  Europe and USA and everything right.
Even I have helped other girls here when they have just asked to received ponies, and just sent them) without knowing each other.

I have other trades here that have took months, even since the beggining of year, with stuff I have sent to their address ( bought from ebay too) and stuff trading . Im still waiting and Im patient cause communication is there.

I wanted to enter to the "address trade " cause of the cultural exchange, cause I like to be in touch with other cultures, (thanks for the reply of my questions and curiosity on mails), thats part of what this is about, of talking, and learning and how you deal with situations of ponies and life.

You have been there even with the earthquacke thing, and its wonderful cause I know there are friends eyes watching over me ( yours, its not only the trade its the support we have with each other).

Thats why Im worry , cause every solution I try, theres something that cant be done.
BUt theres always a way to solve.

Still in touch ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:54:44 AM by scarletmoon »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »
I am  not sure I am understanding at all what is going on, but someone appears to.  Glad someone was helpful.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Nella

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 12:12:37 PM »
You lost me with your last edition to your post... Im afraid I don't understand what you mean.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:27 PM »
It seems to me like communication is a bit sketchy in this transaction. It sounds as though the US/Canada side of the transaction had ideas of what was best to do but whether that was discussed with scarletmoon before it was decided on is unclear...it seems like that is a decision that scarletmoon should have been involved in making.

I think that the original person with whom scarletmoon did an 'address trade' should be the one responsible for ensuring the shipping of the items, too. I don't know about cheaper shipping from Canada but the moment another party becomes involved in the equation then it becomes more complex immediately. Also if there had been discussion maybe scarletmoon's desire for tracking (which makes sense) would have come to light sooner and thus this now wouldn't be a problem (as I suspect tracking from the US might be cheaper, just based on my own experiences buying from these countries?)

So to me it seems like a breakdown in communication. :/ But I feel like if scarletmoon did her side of the transaction and paid the shipping cost to ship items to America, she shouldn't be liable to ship the other side of the transaction as well. This is one of those things that international people have to deal with far too often because of 'being overseas', but as someone said, scarletmoon probably already paid a good deal to ship her end of the deal. It might be expensive but if that was agreed as the trade deal the other person needs to accept the cost and send them. It would make more sense for the original trade partner to do the shipping from the US to make it less complicated...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Nella

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 10:06:24 PM »
Wouldn't it make more sense if everyone pays for their own shipping? So the shipping that is needed to transfer the pony's to their own homes. I think the address trade doesn't mean the weight of the packages is alike and the other person doesn't need to be paying for the amount of pony's the other person buys.

@Scarletmoon: how many pony's are there for you? And where you aware of them going to Canada upfront?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:08:58 PM by Nella »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »

I dont have problem on pay for the shipping, but they say  with tracking number will be 100usd to Mexico from Canada. ( they are overrating the price).

I understand you must be frustrated about the high shipping costs, but look it up on Canada Post's website:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e2s1

I personally put in a sample box that fits 1-3 ponies and called it 3 pounds of weight (which packaging can totally add up), and the most expensive shipping I was quoted was yeah, around $88 CAD. 

I think another HUGE part of this trade that is unspoken and unequilateral is the difference between CURRENCIES.  Am I right ScarletMoon?

The CAD dollar used to be quite close to the USD dollar, now it is a significant difference.  If this trading process started months/years ago, it could very quickly escalate to a point where it wasn't $1=$1=$1 anymore...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline scarletmoon

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mexican pony lover
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice/Suggestions/ International Trade who cant send my mlp
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 12:32:02 PM »
Taffeta, Nella, lovesbabysquirmy

thanks for your response.

Im dealing with the girls via email, so Im waiting to have a positive response.

About the shipping trade what I see is that we all wanted to help, wanted to participate, and do something for each other, we thought was cheaper to send from Canada, we didnt investigate it was more and very expensive.

I bought  ponies on ebay,  I sent them to USA, (I offer to pay shipping 8 mlp) to Mexico.

We thought would be cheapper to send from Canada,  ( the Canadian girl was shipping to Europé with fair price. ) so the USA girl  gave  ponies to the Canadian girl)

At this point I offered to pay my shipping from Canada to Mexico, as long as I get the ponies, but the price is crazy.   This year I already made and received 2 boxes from Canada with other members, was.  -and each part  paid for it.

The options I see here are:
1.(Thinking about theres no way to return the mlp to the USA and the cost to do it again).
2.The best option would be, send the ponies inside Canada, to the address I gave.
3.- Hows the delay shipping by these days ? Holidays are coming too.

We shall see.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal