Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Advice on restoring Gingerbread?

(1/11) > >>

MysticIceDragon:
I really hope this is in the right place, since I've read the rules several times but I haven't really posted much here recently. Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place!

Anyways, I've been hunting for advice on restoring Gingerbread! I can't find a whole lot of advice on what to do about heavy discoloration. I received a Gingerbread today in the mail that is MUCH darker than the seller's picture looked. The description was limited, but did mention she needed cleaning, so I guess I can only be mad to a certain degree.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As you can see, the coating is still great on her eyes and her cutie mark is still in good shape. Her body is a little oily and is very firm. I've read I can't give her a sunbath because she will burn, but I haven't found the specific affects of the hydrogen peroxide bath on cutie marks or twinkle eyes, and I'm not sure if anyone has done it. I haven't popped her open yet either, but if she is this discolored I'm not sure how much cleaning her out will help. Does anyone have any advice to give me?

achab1984:
I know how you feel! I also got one in the mail today and she is SUPER HARD! I hope someone will answer your question cause I would love to know also!

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42:
I don't have any advice on what you can do, but I do know that you shouldn't use acne cream.

achab1984:
What does that do to them?

prancingstag:
Doing a general clean first might help you to assess what further treatments to use. Putting her in very hot or boiled water and scrubbing with dish soap and a soft toothbrush is what I do. Shampooing and conditioning the hair helps too. When the pony is softened from being in the hot water you can try to twist her head off, a lot of twinkle eyes seem to end up with hardened bodies and need warmth before the plastic will loosen up. She may have dirt or rust on the inside of the body that's showing through as dark staining. Once she's had a good all over clean you will be able to see what are permanent stains and what will lift off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version