collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To deflock or not to deflock  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: To deflock or not to deflock
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 09:38:37 AM »
Surprise is another one I wouldn't bother deflocking since she already has a NSS version.  :P  But anyway, when I deflocked I usually used acetone.  You don't dip the pony in it, you put some on a cotton ball or whatever and gradually scrub away the flocking.  IIRC I used a bucket of hot water, too.  Acetone the pony for a bit, dunk it in the hot water to get rid of loose flocking.

I am not someone who de-flocks but isn't acetone dangerous for eyes and symbols?

Acetone will dissolve paint, yes.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: To deflock or not to deflock
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »
Acetone does dissolve paint . . . but the first time I used that method I was deflocking a ratty SS to use as a custom base and I actually stripped off all the flocking without damaging the blush or symbols.  I had to scrub with additional acetone to remove the symbols.

Nevertheless I was more cautious with later deflocks (because I wanted to keep them as 'themselves') and on those I did the acetone around the symbol, then scraped off the fur over the symbol using just hot water and scrubbing.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal