collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hermes FAIL . Heads up :Parcels being deboxed, damaged, put in bin etc :(  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hermes FAIL . Heads up :Parcels being deboxed, damaged, put in bin etc :(
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 01:23:50 AM »
So sad to hear about this, the Hermes man who brings my parcels is great. He always rings the doorbell, leaves them safely in the porch if we're not home, and has a little chat if we are at home. I suppose some employees are just not as reliable, and Hermes' hiring process isn't very rigorous.

Now ParcelForce on the other hand....one parcel was marked as delivered but we never found it, and another parcel spent about a week being out for delivery - then back to the depot - out for delivery - back to the depot....you get the idea. We had to go to the depot and fetch it in the end!

When I phoned up to complain about the parcel that went AWOL, the lady on the phone said that they had a lot of temporary deliverers (it was near Christmas at the time) and that basically they didn't know what they were doing and also got lost a lot. So I think the quality of employees in these parcel companies definitely varies a bit.

We have a nice lady deliver our stuff from Hermes (small or big packages). Our boxes were never opened. Heck we had a man deliver a big package from Asda (Walmart) and it wasn't opened.

You must of had someone who's foreign, who doesn't know that it's important to not open boxes.

WOAH, huge jumping to conclusions!

Just a bit of conclusion-jumping there! O.o Especially since our nice, efficient Hermes man is Polish.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 02:24:13 AM »
Thanks for the replies everyone :grouphug: and I'm sorry for everyone else who has had delivery disasters too! :(

I've been buying from Disney Store for years and not had issues with my previous Hermes guy.  This is a new one and  he's English. He's only been causing me issues since a few months back.

And in fact I have had a 4th box (an LE set!) opened since as well. By this guy. I had the same LE set delivered to another address - again by Hermes but in another area (for my mom) , and hers arrived perfectly.

Asda / Walmart  did an official complaint for me yesterday to Hermes about what happened with their parcel and were also good about it  :bigups:
, but 4 parcels going to the same addy and all being opened is a no no and I am waiting on a parcel from Disney Store to go to that addy again  (which I use as someone is always home) ...so I may have another opened box!   :yikes:
I am going to contact Hermes UK directly myself today and cite all 4 examples on the particular addy/drop round (I have their label- they should know exactly who this person is!) and we'll take it from there . I'll let you know how it goes  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 04:56:53 AM »
Oh no  :( grrr so annoying :hug:

The thing with Hermes and myhermes is they use independent delivery people (hence y they don't have uniforms and drive their normal cars) not sure if they are given training or not.

Everything that has happened to your parcels is clearly down to this one delivery driver.

Not sure when this all happened, but it may have sparked these changes.
Our myhermes lady (talks to mum a lot as she is here so much lol), told mum last week that myhermes (presuming hermes too as my hermes is just a small branch off of hermes) have put all these new regulations in when a parcel is delivered.
They now have to take a picture of where they have left it if no one is in and take a picture when it's delivered. When they take a picture they have to make sure they also get the house in the background or at least something recognisable to the owner so they can see its been delivered to the right address (if anything happens) there were a few other things they had to do now too, some quite silly but clearly needed for those delivery drivers who have no common sense. Luckily our lady is lovely and has great common sense.
(she did say if they don't do all this they don't get paid or pay is docked)

We have had something delivered over a year ago had fragile stickers over it and arrows saying this way up please.... The myhermes driver our customers end threw it over their fence.... Literally threw it.... Straight onto theur patio so it completely smashed, it was a heavy china.. (Quite thick china).. Large elephant... Why the delivery guy thought it was okay to chuck it over a fence is beyond us.

(think hermes is for large companies where as myhermes is for smaller companies and the public.. Not 100% sure though just know our delivery lady delivers both)

I think myhermes and hermes are trying to get better but its taking time  :( they really do need to spend some time training their drivers.... Some really need a common sense lesson. (some are really good delivery people though)

We have a nice lady deliver our stuff from Hermes (small or big packages). Our boxes were never opened. Heck we had a man deliver a big package from Asda (Walmart) and it wasn't opened.

You must of had someone who's foreign, who doesn't know that it's important to not open boxes. If you use Hermes again, and if it's the same bloke take a picture of him send it to Hermes and hopefully they will sack him.

WOW....  :shocked: :blink: well that's not fair is it....
Its not to do with what country they come from. It's to do with training and common sense. There are people in every single country that do not have common sense including the UK.
This is why companies train people, which i don't think hermes or my hermes do, they really need to if they don't.
My boyfriend is Swedish has common sense and is 100% smarter than me (currently getting his masters in biochemical and chemical engineering)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:13:32 AM by Lollipop »
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 05:21:44 AM »
So sad to hear about this, the Hermes man who brings my parcels is great. He always rings the doorbell, leaves them safely in the porch if we're not home, and has a little chat if we are at home. I suppose some employees are just not as reliable, and Hermes' hiring process isn't very rigorous.

Now ParcelForce on the other hand....one parcel was marked as delivered but we never found it, and another parcel spent about a week being out for delivery - then back to the depot - out for delivery - back to the depot....you get the idea. We had to go to the depot and fetch it in the end!

When I phoned up to complain about the parcel that went AWOL, the lady on the phone said that they had a lot of temporary deliverers (it was near Christmas at the time) and that basically they didn't know what they were doing and also got lost a lot. So I think the quality of employees in these parcel companies definitely varies a bit.

You must of had someone who's foreign, who doesn't know that it's important to not open boxes.

Just a bit of conclusion-jumping there! O.o Especially since our nice, efficient Hermes man is Polish.

I don't have problems with Polish Hermes people (only Amazon.uk ones).

i can't help jumping to conclusions, it's who I am.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 05:22:17 AM »
Two years ago now I ordered a (loose) doll that was delivered by Hermes with no problems at all, so maybe I was just lucky as some of these stories sound terrible!
I also had a parcel delivered by Yodel with no issues, but then I rarely buy online so probably haven't had enough experience to have a bad one!
I live in a block of flats with a very similar name to the block a couple of roads away and sometimes our post gets delivered to our number in the other block, which is always my worry with companies, especially ones that have a bad rep. Haven't had any issues so far.

You must of had someone who's foreign, who doesn't know that it's important to not open boxes. If you use Hermes again, and if it's the same bloke take a picture of him send it to Hermes and hopefully they will sack him.

No matter where someone's from, there's not really any excuse to go putting people's things in bins.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 05:25:09 AM »
Oh no  :( grrr so annoying :hug:

The thing with Hermes and myhermes is they use independent delivery people (hence y they don't have uniforms and drive their normal cars) not sure if they are given training or not.

Everything that has happened to your parcels is clearly down to this one delivery driver.

Not sure when this all happened, but it may have sparked these changes.
Our myhermes lady (talks to mum a lot as she is here so much lol), told mum last week that myhermes (presuming hermes too as my hermes is just a small branch off of hermes) have put all these new regulations in when a parcel is delivered.
They now have to take a picture of where they have left it if no one is in and take a picture when it's delivered. When they take a picture they have to make sure they also get the house in the background or at least something recognisable to the owner so they can see its been delivered to the right address (if anything happens) there were a few other things they had to do now too, some quite silly but clearly needed for those delivery drivers who have no common sense. Luckily our lady is lovely and has great common sense.
(she did say if they don't do all this they don't get paid or pay is docked)

We have had something delivered over a year ago had fragile stickers over it and arrows saying this way up please.... The myhermes driver our customers end threw it over their fence.... Literally threw it.... Straight onto theur patio so it completely smashed, it was a heavy china.. (Quite thick china).. Large elephant... Why the delivery guy thought it was okay to chuck it over a fence is beyond us.

(think hermes is for large companies where as myhermes is for smaller companies and the public.. Not 100% sure though just know our delivery lady delivers both)

I think myhermes and hermes are trying to get better but its taking time  :( they really do need to spend some time training their drivers.... Some really need a common sense lesson. (some are really good delivery people though)

WOW....  :shocked: :blink: well that's not fair is it....
Its not to do with what country they come from. It's to do with training and common sense. There are people in every single country that do not have common sense including the UK.
This is why companies train people, which i don't think hermes or my hermes do, they really need to if they don't.
My boyfriend is Swedish has common sense and is 100% smarter than me (currently getting his masters in biochemical and chemical engineering)

Why can't Swedish people deliver my packages?? I like Sweden people.

Like I said, some people who deliver things; open people's letters and what not (my cousin had money removed from a tightly sealed enovolpe, that I gave them for Christmas)

Post Merge: November 16, 2017, 05:26:25 AM

Revised my post.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 08:48:33 AM »
You don't really need training to know that you shouldn't open people's mail or toss it in the trash right? At the very least, you wouldn't want it done to your stuff. But there's exceptions for everything I guess.   :nope:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:55:08 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »

Sorry, but you're 25. If you can't adjust to the fact that there are people of all nations in the UK, and on the Arena, you need to reconsider your attitude.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2017, 02:42:31 PM »

Sorry, but you're 25. If you can't adjust to the fact that there are people of all nations in the UK, and on the Arena, you need to reconsider your attitude.

Umm...29 is my age. As you can see I revised my statement. (Ismeal from Dragon Age 3 got of my iPad, hence why he put i can't help jumping to conclusions, it's who I am never let a spirit get ahold of your iPad)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 06:59:00 PM »
Umm...29 is my age. As you can see I revised my statement. (Ismeal from Dragon Age 3 got of my iPad, hence why he put i can't help jumping to conclusions, it's who I am never let a spirit get ahold of your iPad)

You're just making things worse, you know.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »
On the topic of postal law in the UK, I think the problem is that the Hermes vans are kind of a grey area. I also think it is regional in terms of the driver you get, and some people get terrible drivers while others get reasonable ones. The company really need to police that a lot better.

It used to be considered treason to tamper with the mail. I do not know if it is still the case but as it was the Royal Mail it was considered a crime against the crown to steal mail, open it or otherwise tamper with it in transit. The problem is that Hermes is a courier and thus not Royal Mail (and RM itself is now privatised). I don't think that unpacking parcels and stuffing them into dustbins ever really constitute acceptable delivery behaviour, but what the remit is to tackle them now I don't know.

The law regarding it now seems to be quite old with some unclear amendments, but it still seems like it's generally frowned on :/ Annoying legal link coming up...
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/26/part/V/crossheading/offences-of-interfering-with-the-mail

In my case we usually end up having them 'signed for' by an unusually intelligent bush that apparently gained the ability to read and write while we were away from the house. They rarely bother to wait for someone to open the door BUT thankfully they haven't deboxed any packages.

This is an important heads up though as regards service, and especially an eye opener for people who use the Global Shipping Program as sellers - if you send to the UK, this is what you risk happening to the items you are sending. These are the companies that deliver the global shipping packages and ebay do not care whether the item is delivered or not as they are not fussed about the signature (I was told this by an ebay rep after they 'delivered' a package to the aforementioned bush while people were out on one occasion and then reported another item delivered when everyone was away on holiday. Fortunately my neighbour came to the rescue on that day and kept it safe, else it would have been ruined or stolen or both.

So yes. Courier stuff is a lottery :/ I much prefer to use Royal Mail and Parcelforce because although they have issues galore, it is much easier to understand what procedures to take if a complaint needs to be made or a package needs to be reported damaged or lost :/.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:03:47 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »
Well, thank goodness for the bush I guess Taf. Sounds like a real keeper. I'd rather they just leave the package on my doorstep, then debox or shove it in my trash can, or worse. Still, they totally need to be held accountable for bad employees same as any other.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 04:25:50 PM »
Well, thank goodness for the bush I guess Taf. Sounds like a real keeper. I'd rather they just leave the package on my doorstep, then debox or shove it in my trash can, or worse. Still, they totally need to be held accountable for bad employees same as any other.

I am a suspicious person but I would be more worried about them deboxing for a different reason from the space conservation. As I think Ringlets highlighted, they have access to the invoice if they open the package. That's personal information. Yes, they know your address because they are delivering to you, but there may always be other information on that slip which isn't any of their business. Too much information changes hands too easily these days but I imagine there is a breach of privacy law involved in that as well, whether deliberately or otherwise.

In any case what is happening to Ringlets with her delivery driver needs to be reported very seriously to someone at the company and maybe even beyond that. There's absolutely nothing on earth that can justify why you would think a green bin was a 'safe place', much less having to wreck the package in order to fit it in the 'safe place' (thus obviously removing the 'safe' from the equation.)

Might as well leave it in the middle of the road. At least then there's a chance that drivers might go around it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 04:29:29 PM »
I agree with you.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 05:07:11 PM »
I'm just shocked that they can open your packages...  Who would think that's a good idea.  Who knows what someone ordered and why would you want it handled by the delivery guy.
I'd be wondering if he's looks for something in particular.... just  :shocked:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal