collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hermes FAIL . Heads up :Parcels being deboxed, damaged, put in bin etc :(  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Hermes FAIL . Heads up :Parcels being deboxed, damaged, put in bin etc :(
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 05:15:58 AM »
Hey everyone , sorries for the delay in coming back with an update  (:blush:  )  , more on that in a sec   :)

Thanks for all of your info Taffeta  :bigups:   very helpful, especially for others reading this about what the courier situation is like here in the UK, why the GSP is a no no for many too, and why I also personally prefer to use Royal Mail  for parcels I send out  :hug:   and also thanks to everyone else who replied since my last visit to this thread  :)

also ... oh my goodness did I laugh at this!!! I so needed the laugh!! ---> 

In my case we usually end up having them 'signed for' by an unusually intelligent bush that apparently gained the ability to read and write while we were away from the house.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:   ok, I know the situation is serious and not at all funny but your super intelligent bush story made me laugh out loud   :P  :snicker:

right well, I actually share your concerns Taffeta and  Kakenterprise as to why this new delivery guy is opening my parcels - 4 parcels in a row, especially with the details on the invoices or looking for something in particular to steal in the packages.  So I contacted MyHermes directly about the situation, especially as I knew I had a 5th parcel on the way due to be delivered by that new Hermes guy.   They were really helpful, talked through my complete situation,have started an investigation, apologised etc that this is not acceptable.  They promised me that this situation will not happen again, and sure enough my 5th parcel arrived sealed safely in all of it's original packaging with the invoice also safely inside (a Disney Store parcel)  without any issues.
Disney Store also has launched an investigation, and Asda/Walmart also made a report to Hermes too.
Anything goes wrong with future packages and I get back on to hermes myself as well.
So, hopefully everything really is sorted out now  :whew:   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 06:57:15 AM »
Anything goes wrong with future packages and I get back on to hermes myself as well.
So, hopefully everything really is sorted out now  :whew:

Ah great news -  :thumb: so glad Hermes listened to you at last and that your parcel was delivered intact - let's hope that they keep up this better standard of service for you + everyone else!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 07:38:50 AM »
Hi :) Thanks for the update, that's really good news, that the company is taking it seriously and also some of your senders are also tackling it from the other side. It means they're more likely to take it seriously. Do you know if your most recent parcel was delivered by the same person or someone else? I would hope they had removed that individual from the roster, but it does sound like they have real methods in place to deal with stuff like complaints. That's good to know.

My sister deals with couriers a lot in her job and I think she mostly deals with DPD? Although her job isn't specifically dealing with collectors, I know she ships a lot of items to people who buy them with thought to keep them MIP as they ask for details about any damage on the box and then she has to make sure it gets to the destination in good condition (mostly lego I think?)

I think she has generally good things to say about them in her experience - and I know that their drivers at my parents' home address don't have the bush sign for packages (that's usually Yodel). I suspect it can be regional in terms of the quality of drivers, but that might be worth knowing. Our Hermes drivers have been ok (touch wood), they successfully delivered to me both my Paradise Estate and my huge box of pony packages safely and on time two years ago. I think it helps to compare information like this though so that black spots can be identified and maybe something can be done about the problems.

But yes, absolutely, the implications for the GSP parcels are very heavy. I have heard of people who have had their packages left in the middle of a rural road because the driver doesn't want to deliver to their remote home somewhere in the countryside. It's not inaccessible, they just can't be bothered.

It's one of many reasons I wish GSP sellers would consider the implications of their choices. It doesn't make life easier for the international to have to deal with the slow shipping, lack of security and delivery responsibility. Normal US post ships through parcelforce and royal mail and yes, we might have to pay customs to release a package, but the chances are we'll still get it, and it won't be wrecked :/ And if it is, there are clear processes to pursue. No postal service is perfect, but I would rather buy and have items shipped through USPS any day of the week than GSP. I won't buy MOC through GSP because I can't trust them on lots of levels.

Although I suppose the intelligent bush might be sad if I never had courier deliveries. I just worry it might start ordering parcels for itself now ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:41:07 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »
Hi :) Thanks for the update, that's really good news, that the company is taking it seriously and also some of your senders are also tackling it from the other side. It means they're more likely to take it seriously. Do you know if your most recent parcel was delivered by the same person or someone else? I would hope they had removed that individual from the roster, but it does sound like they have real methods in place to deal with stuff like complaints. That's good to know.

My sister deals with couriers a lot in her job and I think she mostly deals with DPD? Although her job isn't specifically dealing with collectors, I know she ships a lot of items to people who buy them with thought to keep them MIP as they ask for details about any damage on the box and then she has to make sure it gets to the destination in good condition (mostly lego I think?)

I think she has generally good things to say about them in her experience - and I know that their drivers at my parents' home address don't have the bush sign for packages (that's usually Yodel). I suspect it can be regional in terms of the quality of drivers, but that might be worth knowing. Our Hermes drivers have been ok (touch wood), they successfully delivered to me both my Paradise Estate and my huge box of pony packages safely and on time two years ago. I think it helps to compare information like this though so that black spots can be identified and maybe something can be done about the problems.

But yes, absolutely, the implications for the GSP parcels are very heavy. I have heard of people who have had their packages left in the middle of a rural road because the driver doesn't want to deliver to their remote home somewhere in the countryside. It's not inaccessible, they just can't be bothered.

It's one of many reasons I wish GSP sellers would consider the implications of their choices. It doesn't make life easier for the international to have to deal with the slow shipping, lack of security and delivery responsibility. Normal US post ships through parcelforce and royal mail and yes, we might have to pay customs to release a package, but the chances are we'll still get it, and it won't be wrecked :/ And if it is, there are clear processes to pursue. No postal service is perfect, but I would rather buy and have items shipped through USPS any day of the week than GSP. I won't buy MOC through GSP because I can't trust them on lots of levels.

Although I suppose the intelligent bush might be sad if I never had courier deliveries. I just worry it might start ordering parcels for itself now ;)

Time to hide the credit cards!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 05:12:53 AM »

I would also have hoped they remove the person too but it was the same guy who delivered my next parcel . To be fair though the 5th  parcel was already on it's way when I called Hermes myself, so maybe it would take longer for the full investigation  :awake:   - however  I don't doubt that they did have a word with him and gave him specific instructions and a telling off since my 5th parcel was delivered perfectly and in all of it's original packaging.... ;)   
Had no issues with previous Hermes delivery guy. Just this new one...

Quote from: Taffeta

ROFL!!!! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  guess you better order a few to keep it happy then :P

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal