collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hermes FAIL . Heads up :Parcels being deboxed, damaged, put in bin etc :(  (Read 4112 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Heads up peeps , Hermes are still a huge FAIL , be careful if your seller ships using them  :(
I know there have been previous threads in here about Hermes, including another horror story of someone's pony parcel being left in the bin or recycling, but it seems that despite complaints from customers , some at least who deliver for Hermes are still doing terrible things with parcels.

The last 3 toy parcels I've had that have been delivered by Hermes  over the last month ( 2 from Disney Store, one from Asda  ) have been deboxed and and worse :yikes:

Issue 1 :  A deluxe set of singing  Frozen dolls from  Disney Store : DS packed in a large box (I bought the Tangled deluxe set and others before now and they were packed perfectly, lately DS have packed better and sealed the boxes better with DS tape too)  with paper etc in there to stop damage.    I was looking out for my parcel- we were at home and expecting it - when I got a notification on the computer that it had been delivered. But it hadn't?  :what:   :blink:   .. no-one had knocked the door.... so went to check.
There was a card pushed through saying the parcel has been left in the green bin !!(in the UK my area that means the Garden waste! which was full of dead rotting leaves and water)  :whoa:  :sad:   :mad: :cry: .  As if that wasn't horrifying enough, I knew that the box it would have come in from Disney Store would not have fitted in that bin.. and I was right. The Hermes guy had pulled the DS label off the box (there were card bits on the back of the sticker with my addy on), stuck it directly onto my deluxe set  (- which BTW wasn't cheap, and they sing so there are holes in the plastic so you can twirl the girls hands, and I keep these deluxe sets MIB for my collection!! ), and then literally shoved the totally deboxed set into the waste bin to make it fit  and dented the actual set  because it still wouldn't fit,  plus with no wrapping and my invoice shoved in there with my details on too.  .   Needless to say my set was all soggy and damaged :cry:  :cry:  :wail: . I contacted Disney Store who were also horrified and I sent them pics - also thankfully there was the evidence that the guy had written he had put my item in the bin which I submitted to Disney Store who sorted me out another set and discounts and apologised ...
Also thankfully it was not bin collection day when Hermes did this to my parcel!
Disney Store were great about it
but
issue 2 : My replacement set - the guy did actually knock the door this time , but my set  had also been deboxed AGAIN and put into a Hermes bag , no DS invoice, and it was all dented and damaged box too. I could not fault Disney Store for this but the Hermes guy had obviously took it onto himself (it was a him) to debox , and delivered this set in his car, not in Hermes van, though he was from them. I left it at that. Disney Store had been fantastic but Hermes once again ruined my stuff  :(

Issue 3: Asda (Walmart) online toy delivery. Again a large deluxe set, to be kept MIB.  I didn't think they used Hermes, they usually use their own delivery peeps - but when I got the "out for delivery" notification it was from Hermes :facepalm:  - and guess what? yep the guy knocked the door but my set had again been deboxed. He handed my Father in Law (who was in at the time) a note saying that he had deboxed because the outer original packaging from Asda had got wet and damaged on the way (uh it was only just out for delivery?!! and it wasn't raining! :throw:   :mad:   ) , also my invoice was loose and handed over, then the guy left.
Thankfully my set was not (badly) damaged this time and could be left MIB , but again it had been deboxed by the Hermes guy, and my invoice with details had been taken out too though this one was handed over  :(

Seriously this is bad! I will never be using hermes to delivery anything from me and will think twice before buying from a company that uses them in future  :pout:

I would NOT recommend Hermes at all now.  Please be careful and keep a look out for your stuff on delivery dates if you are getting something delivered by Hermes

(end of rant  :blush:  )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Hermes FAIL . Heads up :Parcels being deboxed, damaged, put in bin etc :(
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:05:39 AM »
I've never heard of this company before now (granted, I live in the US). How is this company allowed to even exist and deliver things if they constantly pull crap like that?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:41:51 AM »
I think Hermes (or is it YoDel?) are a franchise - a person can choose to become a local delivery agent for the company - this is where quality control gets messy as it seems all the agent cares about is earning commission on the greatest number of parcel units shifted in the shortest time.

I usually get a knock on the door at home - opening the door to parcels dumped on my doorstep and the delivery guy already driven off - I am lucky that I have a long-ish drive and my door is in an alcove so any dumped stuff cannot be seen easily from the pavement.

It is horrifying to read about the de-boxing and putting in a "safe place" a.k.a. the bin  :shocked:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 06:51:08 AM »
Why would they do that? What is  wrong with this crappy company? Why would Any reputable company continue to use their services? :mad:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:17:44 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 06:57:14 AM »
Oof, that sounds horrible! Especially the first story, why on earth would you put a package in a compost/garbage bin!  :whoa:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 07:02:48 AM »
Thats horrible!
I have never heard about deboxing before, onl had a few boxes either with huge holes and bent corners like something heavy hit it. Thankfully nothing been lost or fallen out yet. Well some books fell out when I picked it up in the post office, my belly was not prepared to get hit by 6 books straight on.
I know in the Norwegian pokemon TCG collecters have been warning on 'PostNord' for loosing letters with pokemon cards coming from Sweden.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »
That is insane, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a class action lawsuit against them. Is there any way for you to make complaints against the person who delivered? I'm so sorry this happened to you, glad Disney Store was decent.

I would be asking the company why they allow packages to be deboxed by the deliverer and delivered loose - they should at least be repackaged.
I know in general it's illegal to open another person's mail, unless you're an employee of the post office - but this feels like a grey area where they cannot ensure your purchases won't be damaged or stolen, what kind of screening process/training do their deliverers go through? Doesn't sound like enough if they're outsourcing to people who don't have enough common sense to deliver the package in the same state it arrived to them in.

Everyone is crazy for the Uber like business model lately, but they're getting sued too. There's not enough accountability, or protection for the consumer who gets screwed by the company who couldn't care less.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 02:03:08 PM »
I had a package delivered by hermies and I hadn't changed my address so was expecting them to return to sender but they never did >:( and when I phoned them they said it was over 10 days and was a lost package !!!!I would never send any thing with them or yodel
I will send with post office I think :/

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 02:35:39 PM »
That is insane, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with a class action lawsuit against them. Is there any way for you to make complaints against the person who delivered? I'm so sorry this happened to you, glad Disney Store was decent.

I would be asking the company why they allow packages to be deboxed by the deliverer and delivered loose - they should at least be repackaged.
I know in general it's illegal to open another person's mail, unless you're an employee of the post office - but this feels like a grey area where they cannot ensure your purchases won't be damaged or stolen, what kind of screening process/training do their deliverers go through? Doesn't sound like enough if they're outsourcing to people who don't have enough common sense to deliver the package in the same state it arrived to them in.

Everyone is crazy for the Uber like business model lately, but they're getting sued too. There's not enough accountability, or protection for the consumer who gets screwed by the company who couldn't care less.

Agreed with everything you just said.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 04:49:41 PM »
Okay wait, it is a law in the US that you can't open mail that doesn't belong to you. That means anyone.  So do you not have that law there?  How can this happen?

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 08:11:58 PM »
Okay wait, it is a law in the US that you can't open mail that doesn't belong to you. That means anyone.  So do you not have that law there?  How can this happen?

That's a good question tula-roola. Surely that same law should be in other countries too right?

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »

That's a good question tula-roola. Surely that same law should be in other countries too right?

Some countries, not all, and I think international 'courier' packages such as these are a different story.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 08:33:09 PM »

Some countries, not all, and I think international 'courier' packages such as these are a different story.

Ah. :( That sucks. Still, one would think they would want to have a good reputation as a business company?

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 10:05:33 PM »
We have a nice lady deliver our stuff from Hermes (small or big packages). Our boxes were never opened. Heck we had a man deliver a big package from Asda (Walmart) and it wasn't opened.

You must of had someone who doesn't know that it's important to not open boxes. If you use Hermes again, and if it's the same bloke take a picture of him send it to Hermes and hopefully they will sack him.

Post Merge: November 15, 2017, 10:12:07 PM

I had a package delivered by hermies and I hadn't changed my address so was expecting them to return to sender but they never did >:( and when I phoned them they said it was over 10 days and was a lost package !!!!I would never send any thing with them or yodel
I will send with post office I think :/

Post office is bad, I sent some Pokemon cards to ProfessorOak.com in America (sealed in an enovolpe). Package was sent and it only had the invoice of the cards that I selled to him, no Pokemon Cards in it. Luckily he put my money into the account. So I don't know if wether or not UK Post Office or the American one opened the enovolpe.

Still haven't got my ponies from Taffeta, yet. So the Post Office is to blame.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:25:45 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 12:53:11 AM »
We have a nice lady deliver our stuff from Hermes (small or big packages). Our boxes were never opened. Heck we had a man deliver a big package from Asda (Walmart) and it wasn't opened.

You must of had someone who's foreign, who doesn't know that it's important to not open boxes.

WOAH, huge jumping to conclusions!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal