Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Does anyone have just one gen that they stick to?

(1/10) > >>

Faeriefalls:
I'm a returning G1 collector and as a result I mostly resonate with those ponies especially when collecting. But since returning I've found the fim world and characters are actually really sweet! I have started to watch the show recently and I'm not mad about it!  :silly: Its weird for me because I really like G1 and the fim storylines, but I actually cant stand the new G4 pony figurines. I much prefer G1 and after that I like the G3s as well. BUT I didnt really ever get into the G3 stories. So if only there was a pony line and storyline that I loved at the same time thatd make things a whole lot easier.

I'm curious what generation you stick to, if you stick to any at all. Do you have your gen or do you branch out and enjoy all of them? Are there any gens you just cant stand?  :what:

Marlin:
I'm a G1 only gal :)  I have made the odd exception with a couple of G3's (but I have less than five, and mostly they are minty versions of my two little daughters' favourites that I cherish purely for sentimentality. And a couple of others whose colours just caught my eye).

I don't dislike G2's and G3's - just not interested in collecting. And at the risk of having fakies thrown my way, I just can't do G4. The fandom, the aesthetics... Personally it/they just do nothing for me  :huh:

RoseNoire:
I am a G1-2-3 collector. I can't stick to only one gen, I find the others really cute. Well, those three. I really don't like G3.5 and I'm not really sure about G4. It depends but I don't want to buy them, I don't get the same feeling owning G4's than my other gens. ^^

glitterball:
G1 only for me!

Only exception is when I see other gens "in the wild" for a bargain price for possible future trades or for my kid to play with, or my kid wants one of the current g4s - but those are for her  :lol:

Minty_Magic:
I really enjoy all of the gens honestly!
I have more G3 than any other gen just because that's mostly what I grew up with and I never got rid of my childhood collection. They also seem to be by far the easiest to find secondhand at thrift stores and antique stores. I hardly have any G2 since they never seem to pop up secondhand around me. I've eased off G4 a bit just because there are hardly any new characters and I'm crunched on space so unless its someone I'm really interested in I've been passing most new releases. I still love the ones I do have though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version