collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Most inflated pony of 2017?  (Read 2684 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Most inflated pony of 2017?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 04:24:38 PM »
It will come :) I have seen 2 sugarcake a year ago sell for $180, I regret not buying and 2 gametimes sell for $120. I find fb pages inflate prices so much that everyone accepts these high pony prices but you can still pick them up on eBay (of all places) for decent prices. Most pony people on fb are against the high eBay prices but actually pay more on fb ironically. Anyhow getting of topic one day taffeta I am sure will you get her even if you are 65 ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 04:45:15 PM »
It will come :) I have seen 2 sugarcake a year ago sell for $180, I regret not buying and 2 gametimes sell for $120. I find fb pages inflate prices so much that everyone accepts these high pony prices but you can still pick them up on eBay (of all places) for decent prices. Most pony people on fb are against the high eBay prices but actually pay more on fb ironically. Anyhow getting of topic one day taffeta I am sure will you get her even if you are 65 ;)

Yeah, but even when her price is lower it's either US only or GSP with idiotic inflation of the custom charge. Those two issues have made even more affordable ones out of my range. And when she comes up in the UK everyone else who has the same problem and just as much right as me to own her is going after her so the price shoots up.

There are now few realistic ways to get sugarcake without breaking the bank if you live outside of the country where she was released. I am just glad that I got gametime way back when, because she's not quite as expensive, but would probably be just as tricky now. I have seen Sugarcake lots of times in real life at ponycon and at Wondermint's exhibition in Dudley a year or two back. But it always makes me sad that I can never take her home with me. I don't want her accessories, and I can deal with messy hair, lost curl and even maybe fading if the price was right (I usually hate fading) but so far, no Sugarcake for me. Last year she even came up around my birthday, but because of the above custom charge GSP thing? Not possible.

Gametime is very lonely :/ but that's life. I know there are other people who have exactly the same issues with other ponies over long periods. It just seems so ridiculous that it's been eighteen years and I still can't afford to buy her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 03:49:32 AM »
@ Taffeta, I make use of a reshipping service for US delivery only sellers. Because as you know I am in SA  ;) Their pricing is on par more or less with the post office, they deliver to my door, I have to sign for the package - not my bush - and my ponies are with me within a maximum of 2 weeks, not a minimum of 2 months. I have been very impressed with their service levels so far. You can even ask them to take a photo of your item when it arrives with them so that you can rate your seller correctly (i.e. when the item is delivered to the address they sent it to). I have seen your grail come up in several group lots recently on eBay.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »
I do that with Japanese stuff quite often but I don't really want to be dealing with middlemen. I do have a pony friend or two stateside but again, it's a big hassle for them with something like that.

I keep a close eye on lots and I haven't seen her - I don't think she's common enough to come up in several lots so I am wondering if you're thinking of the same pony as I am? Either that or my eyes need testing ;) but I really can't afford her most of the time she comes up so :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starstrider

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 04:43:03 AM »
Sandcastle and Shovels, from the Year 6 Newborn Twins set.  Was astonished to see them being sold together for as much as $100, excluding accessories. 

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 02:52:50 AM »

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 08:33:21 AM »
What about Baby Squirmy? She's now $30+ on ebay. What the heck happened?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 04:23:48 PM »
What about Baby Squirmy? She's now $30+ on ebay. What the heck happened?
my theory is that g4 fans love to buy ponies that there based on
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 06:47:20 PM »
Either that or its Yellow Pony-itis. Squirmy is imo the cutest of the bunch. Which will not please Daughter Dearest who is trying to actually complete the NB set.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 05:02:06 AM »
Sandcastle and Shovels, from the Year 6 Newborn Twins set.  Was astonished to see them being sold together for as much as $100, excluding accessories. 

I paid £12.50 for them MIB two years ago. If that's their price now then something insane happened in the meantime. I know that £12.50 was low but still the other MIB twin prices have dropped so I would really advise people not to pay that stupid price hike.

Squirmy was one of my childhood ponies so I hadn't noticed. But I have noticed that the others from the set appear more. I have three Yoyos in my box at the moment, one Tappy and I just sold a Dangles. But no Wiggles or Squirmy for a long time...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 07:19:10 AM »
It seems like the Rainbow Babies really have gone up in price lately. I still need two of them...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2017, 07:27:19 AM »
perfumepuffs and munchy too
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 08:54:58 AM »
Any g1 pony

This.

Agreed. I have recently returned to the pony collecting world after taking a step back due to family health issues, and I have found that prices for G1 ponies seem to be much higher across the board in general.

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal