collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did your G1 sticker match the pony/playset/ponywear you just opened?  (Read 920 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hi,

I was thinking about the G1 stickers and wondering if anyone remembers how often the free sticker matched the pony. It seems very few of my childhood stickers survived but looking at the ones I have left I have

Sleepy Pie (had her)

Fizzy (didn't have her)

Moonstone (had her)

Hearts and Candy (my one and only childhood ponywear)

Baby Tiddley Winks x2 (have her puffy and flat sticker) had her

Baby Half Note (had her)

Lickety Split (didn't have her)

What about your stickers?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Re: Did your G1 sticker match the pony/playset/ponywear you just opened?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »
It does seem like the flat ones were a bit random in America. Mine all match ponies I have  :)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 05:26:14 PM »
Thanks Chrissytree. Come to think of it all of my stickers that don’t match my childhood ponies are flat stickers. The Fizzy one might have come with Sweet Pop.

Ponyfan

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:10:28 PM »
Mine all matched.  I had Baby Heart Throb (flat sticker), Peach Blossom (flat sticker), Honeysuckle (flat sticker), Water Lily (flat sticker), and the rest of my stickers were puffy: Cuddles & Baby Buggy, Baby Moondancer, Parasol, Skydancer, Moondancer, and Cotton Candy.

Just from anecdotal evidence of what I've seen on eBay, the So-Soft stickers tend to get mixed up the most.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »
The US MOC Whizzer I have has Baby Shady's sticker. My UK one has her own sticker, though. My sister's MOC Fizzy (US art, Dutch/French language) has Speedy's sticker (flat).

I have Fizzy on Sunshower's card but she has Fizzy's sticker, which is a slightly different but equally amusing problem ;) That's the UK card and thus puffy sticker. (It also seems quite common to get Sweetie on UK cards other than her own but with her own stickers, and there are other Twinkle Eyes in the same situation as my Fizzy, on pearly sea pony cards)

I am still unsure whether my childhood Shady ahd a sticker or if I just lost it. Otherwise all the stickers I have from my childhood (all puffy, we didn't have flat ones here) match the ponies I had. I lost the 3 Mountain Boy ones (:'() but have all the others.

My MIB Baby Lickety Split has Baby Heart Throb's puffy sticker instead of her own which is interesting.  She came from Norway I think although her box is UK.

Oh, and my two Italian adult and baby ponywear sets. They're Prima Ballerina and Ready for Rainbows I think. I am pretty sure that it's Ready for Rainbows that has its own sticker but Prima Ballerina has Bubbles' sticker. In English. A normal Bubbles sticker. And on Italian card.

I don't think ponywear in the UK really came with stickers though Chrissytree might prove me wrong. If it did, I lost all the stickers but I suspect it didn't because of all the name changes on sets.

I can't remember what my US Sun and Fun outfit's sticker is.

I also have Honeycomb on Snowflake's card but her sticker is facing the card so no idea if it's hers or not and will never know O.O.

With the So Softs, I have four of the unicorns but I don't think all of them had stickers. I can't remember what stickers mine even have. Ribbon is one of the ponies, and Fifi and Twist...and then Bangles I don't think had a sticker? But the other three did...? No idea off hand what stickers they have but now LM mentioned it as being a likely place of anomaly, I will have to try and check.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:07:16 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
Thanks everyone. It sounds like most of the time they matched but sometimes they didn't. I think it's interesting that you got  an English Bubbles sticker with your Italian PonyWear set Taffeta.   I tried to check my MOC Great Skates but couldn't see which sticker was included.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:12:55 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »
As far as I can remember, all my childhood pony/ponywear stickers were correct.  The only problem sticker I ever got was from Having A Luau ponywear.  It just didn't have any sticker at all.  I never saw a mis-matched sticker until I started shopping on ebay as an adult collector.  I'll see the odd wrong stickered MOC pony. 

None of my MOC UK ponywear has stickers that I can recall.  I'd have to double check the Ponywear With Jewelry set since that set all came with puffy stickers in the USA, making it the most likely set to have stickers in the UK.  I'm certain the regular ponywear sets don't have stickers, and all the USA baby sets had flat stickers which I don't think the UK ever got.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:35:07 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 09:30:11 PM »
From what I remember,  my childhood stickers were correct, though the stickers themselves weren't always a good representation of the pony! (a whole other problem,  :P)
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 04:45:11 AM »
The flat stickers could be pretty random. I had about 4-5 Baby Shady stickers as a kid but never had the pony, which was quite frustrating.

Elf

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »
I didnt have any stickers as a kid but from my MOC collection :

MOC US Fizzy : Sweet Stuff (flat)
MOC Fizzy (seapony card) : Fizzy
MOC Italy Cherries Jubilee : Posey (flat)
MIB Baby Blossom : Baby Blossom (flat)
MOC Gingerbread US : Sweet Stuff (flat)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 04:42:30 AM »
As far as I can remember, all my childhood pony/ponywear stickers were correct.  The only problem sticker I ever got was from Having A Luau ponywear.  It just didn't have any sticker at all.  I never saw a mis-matched sticker until I started shopping on ebay as an adult collector.  I'll see the odd wrong stickered MOC pony. 

None of my MOC UK ponywear has stickers that I can recall.  I'd have to double check the Ponywear With Jewelry set since that set all came with puffy stickers in the USA, making it the most likely set to have stickers in the UK.  I'm certain the regular ponywear sets don't have stickers, and all the USA baby sets had flat stickers which I don't think the UK ever got.

We didn't have flat stickers for any of the ponies, and we didn't get the same baby ponies as the US either so some of the puffy stickers we didn't get either. But our Play and Care Set babies all had stickers. Baby Bow Tie doesn't seem to, though Baby Lemon Drop did.

I am pretty sure no UK pony wear had stickers because half of the jewellery wear we changed the names on and that would've been awkward (ie Champagne and Lace instead of Sweetness and Lace, My Valentine instead of Hearts and Candy etc). I am pretty sure we only had stickers for ponies but we always had round puffy ones and we had them from 1984 (although not with the Sea Ponies) through to 1987 (ending with the Twinkle Eye 2nd set and the Mountain Boys, etc...although some Movie Star ponies have stickers and some don't.)

But I have never yet seen a UK carded pony with the wrong sticker unless I got it from outside of the UK. Hence why my (Norway bought) Baby Lickety Split Play and Care Set has Baby Heart Throb's sticker. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 01:53:45 PM »
Thanks everyone. :) I remember being disappointed that I got Fizzy's sticker instead of the pony I just opened and I've also noticed on her sticker Fizzy is blue. with white, pink and blue hair.

I didn't realize the UK only had puffy stickers and not the flat ones.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal