collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When will G5 come ?  (Read 2609 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: When will G5 come ?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 12:20:02 PM »
For those saying the show is still popular, the raw numbers would suggest otherwise.  They're not getting half the audience they did in Season 4, and the trend has been consistently downward.  The show is probably going to run until the end of this generation because it's the only thing justifying Hasbro's continued interest in Discovery Family.  However, I think Hasbro will change gears on schedule.  New characters and new toys.

As for the form it will take, who knows.  I would like to see a larger toy (perhaps reduce the packaging to save space and money).
By "raw numbers" do you mean ratings/viewers per episode on TV releases? Yes, there aren't as many people watching now as there were back when Seasons 3 and 4 were airing, but that could be argued that this is due to netflix/youtube/streaming sites rising in popularity.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 03:08:17 PM »
I think a couple years after G4 ends, whenever that is.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
For those saying the show is still popular, the raw numbers would suggest otherwise.  They're not getting half the audience they did in Season 4, and the trend has been consistently downward.  The show is probably going to run until the end of this generation because it's the only thing justifying Hasbro's continued interest in Discovery Family.  However, I think Hasbro will change gears on schedule.  New characters and new toys.

As for the form it will take, who knows.  I would like to see a larger toy (perhaps reduce the packaging to save space and money).
By "raw numbers" do you mean ratings/viewers per episode on TV releases? Yes, there aren't as many people watching now as there were back when Seasons 3 and 4 were airing, but that could be argued that this is due to netflix/youtube/streaming sites rising in popularity.

*nods*  I don't have cable so Youtube is the way I watch the show.

Also, how much of viewership translates to actual sales?  So long as the show continues to drive sales and as long as sales are profitable, does it really matter if viewership for the show is down?  How much of that viewership was bronies?  how much of the lost viewership is a decline in the brony fandom as apposed to the target demographic?  If a significant portion of the lost viewership is bronies, how much will that affect sales?  I ask because my general read of the fandom is that they are more likely to spend their disposable income on fan made products and licensed items specifically aimed at them.  So would the decline of the brony fandom actually affect Hasbro's sales of the actual toy line?

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »
What I'm getting at is the show is not as indispensable as it was.  It may be driving sales, but it's driving sales with its mere existence than its actual content.  So, if Hasbro wants to change gears, keeping the current show going is less important.

Also, the show being watched on TV is what drives ad revenue.  Again, it's the one show with new content Hasbro has left on Discovery Family.  It's struggling to get 200K eyeballs a week for their premiers.  If they're ready to start over, they'll do it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:21:07 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 04:29:23 PM »
I would love to see them go back closer to the G3 style if we are not able to get G1 style again! Are Bronies still a big thing like they were a few years back?

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 11:45:17 AM »
I would love to see them go back closer to the G3 style if we are not able to get G1 style again! Are Bronies still a big thing like they were a few years back?

I have seen some extreme ones pop up now and then but its chilled down compared to when it started.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 12:50:15 PM »
With FiM so popular I would be shocked if they rebooted anytime soon. The g4.5 are probably as close as we are going to get to a line for a long time (which is kinda sad because I really don't care for most of the g4.5)

I love FiM but I'm not in love with the toys. The Zillas and fashion sizes are okay but I don't like how small and basic looking the g4 toys are. The g4.5 have lots of new poses which is nice but I just HATE how skinny their legs are, especially the back legs. Most of the G4.5's legs are soo skinny that if you bend them they can actually fall off; which is a really poor design choice for MLPs target audience. Young children aren't really known for their gentle play.

IDK hopefully the g4.5s won't sell as good and Hasbro will come out with another FiM line. 

Oh yeah, Bronies are still very much around. I don't think its quite as large and widespread as it was a few years ago but for the most part they are still going strong.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:54:28 PM by LittleKirara »
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
I don't know, I feel like at the rate that the ponies are changing, the figures getting smaller I'm not sure I'm interested in G5 at this point.  I don't even think I'll watch the show if they even make it that far.

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 06:57:13 PM »
I'd love a reboot of the 1997 Tales series that ran, but happily see it in fim style. I like the premise of earth ponies who thought unicorns and pegasus were made up. But to be honest I am enjoying the new fim world theyve built. Good world building and decent storylines. I personally cant stand the new pony dolls though. always going to be a G1 girl and I dont mind G2 and G3 too. G3 seems like a good gen for customs.

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »
I for one am looking forward to G5, whenever it comes. I was into G4 at the beginning (mostly just the show, I'm not one to collect 347 versions of the same pony), but by now I am just over it and excited at the possibility of something new.

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 08:50:37 AM »
Thank you Strawberrysweets and LittleKirara for answering my question! I was wondering about it all! :)

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »
I don't know if anyone here follows all the leaks we keep getting out of Hasbro but this latest leak answers this question. Consider the spoiler below as a SUPER spoiler so view at your own risk.

Spoiler

Here are some proposed G5 designs

They are pretty and all but I really wish Hasbro would not use the same characters as G4, I mean come on give us some new ponies!!

Of course this isn't written in stone but considering this time line came with a leak of legit season 8 eps and other very legit stuff I would be willing to bet this is canon (unless the bronies can convince Hasbro to keep FiM going).
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »
I don't know if anyone here follows all the leaks we keep getting out of Hasbro but this latest leak answers this question. Consider the spoiler below as a SUPER spoiler so view at your own risk.

Spoiler

They are pretty and all but I really wish Hasbro would not use the same characters as G4, I mean come on give us some new ponies!!

Of course this isn't written in stone but considering this time line came with a leak of legit season 8 eps and other very legit stuff I would be willing to bet this is canon (unless the bronies can convince Hasbro to keep FiM going).

Whuh?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 06:11:08 PM »

Spoiler

Whuh?

We already have a thread to discuss this.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2017, 07:57:08 PM »

Spoiler

Whuh?

We already have a thread to discuss this.

Thanks.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal