collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sketchy Non-Paying Pony Bidder - mlroc0 (0) [Update: 11/20/17]  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Sketchy Non-Paying Pony Bidder - mlroc0 (0) [Update: 11/20/17]
« on: November 11, 2017, 05:04:01 PM »
It's possible this person is a member here as I know they are a "pony person" and not just a random eBay-er.

Non-Paying Bidder:  mlroc0 (0)

This person sent me an offer on a G4 pony.  I countered it, and he/she accepted, but did not pay.  I realized this was a new account so I politely sent a couple of invoices/payment reminders with no kind of response before opening a Non-Paying Bidder case today.  They finally sent me a message today saying "I don't need your toy anymore because I found it cheaper somewhere else", so they have no intention of paying.

The mailing address was one in New South Wales, AU but instead of a name associated with the address it just said "Mlpfever".  Just seemed odd.  And since I assume they will soon be creating a new account the email address used was [email protected]

Regardless if they are just that unaware of how eBay works or not I feel like I dodged a bullet.  Now I just have to wait for eBay to close the case so my item can come out of "ebay limbo" and get re-listed.  Just a heads up for other sellers.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:48:10 PM by Stiletto »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Paying Pony Bidder - mlroc0
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 05:07:21 PM »
Why do people do this!! I hate it when they do this to people! :(

Thank you for the heads up!

Online Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 12:58:42 AM »
There was that one really dodgy Aussie pony buyer way back when, perhaps they've risen again? Drives me nuts because it gives us all a bad name, and it's already expensive to ship here, so sellers end up just blacklisting Australian buyers. We're not all like that, and I'm sorry to here about your difficulty! I have 100% positive feedback as a buyer and seller, with positives up the wazoo here and on the trading post, have NEVER had a negative pony transaction, so we are around down here - don't give up on the Aussies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:00:56 AM »
Don't worry Stormness, I won't be banning AU anytime soon ; D  In fact one of the best feedback I have ever received was from an Aussie father who purchased a G1 for daughter. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:52:39 AM »
Ew, thanks for sharing with us!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 06:38:47 PM »
Ick, I hate people who do this. I have been lucky and haven't had this happen yet *knocking on wood*. I am getting ready to list some ponies in the next month or so. Hopefully my buyers are good people. So sorry you had to deal with this person.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 01:08:22 PM »
I had problems with this person too a few days ago! They made an offer on a G4 lot that I had for sale, so I accepted their offer. The next day they sent me a message saying "Sorry, we already have most of these so we're not going to buy them."

So, why did you not check that before you made an offer?! I'm in the US and frankly I think the shipping scared them off, even though shipping should have been visible before they made an offer, so who knows? Anyway, I added them to my block list for being so flaky.

Sorry to hear it wasn't just me... I'm glad you opened a case against them. I wound up just cancelling the order, but now I wish I would have opened a case too.

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 01:15:35 AM »
I had problems with this person too a few days ago! They made an offer on a G4 lot that I had for sale, so I accepted their offer. The next day they sent me a message saying "Sorry, we already have most of these so we're not going to buy them."

So, why did you not check that before you made an offer?! I'm in the US and frankly I think the shipping scared them off, even though shipping should have been visible before they made an offer, so who knows? Anyway, I added them to my block list for being so flaky.

Sorry to hear it wasn't just me... I'm glad you opened a case against them. I wound up just cancelling the order, but now I wish I would have opened a case too.

I know in norway we have to pay toll at a certain weight, which in the life of me cant remember. but i think I payed 1/3 of the original price on a heavy viking robe.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »
That sucks! I'm rarely on ebay anyway but I'm thinking about buying more ponies on there and I dont want people being suspicious or downright rejecting me because I'm in aus. I was just about to post an add for a G1 Twinkler too. I hope they are on here and get exposed. Dodgy sellers and buyers make me so sad considering we are all just here to enjoy our ponies!

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 10:53:23 AM »

It's honestly ridiculous.  I'm still getting messages from them telling me they don't want the pony anymore and they want ME to "take it out of their cart".  I even asked them if English was their first language because they just were not understanding what I was saying.  Then I asked if they this was their first eBay account and they said it wasn't.  This person is either very uninformed/uneducated about eBay and/or is trying to scam in some way.  The whole situation is very very sketchy.  I would advise all eBay pony to BLOCK this person ASAP.

And I am sure we are not the only sellers they have done this too!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:57:44 AM by Stiletto »

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
Re: Sketchy Non-Paying Pony Bidder - mlroc0
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 12:47:18 PM »
UPDATE: 11/20/17

So, I thought I had put this person on my blocked bidders list, but low and behold I get an offer from them on another one of my ponies today.  I low ball offer none the less, but thankfully they didn't BIN it.  So they are still out there attempting to do whatever it is they are trying to do, but if they purchase something from you it's highly unlikely they will actually pay for it.

I've officially blocked this time waster so seller beware!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Sketchy Non-Paying Pony Bidder - mlroc0 (0) [Update: 11/20/17]
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 06:50:21 AM »
I just put them on my list also!

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 08:32:29 AM »
Wow, and this morning I had a message from them asking why they couldn't make an offer on any of my items lol.  Good Lord they are so clueless.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »
Wow, and this morning I had a message from them asking why they couldn't make an offer on any of my items lol.  Good Lord they are so clueless.

Wow, good thing you blocked them! Dodged a bullet there! Some people never learn.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal