collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warning eBay goers  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Saphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Warning eBay goers
« on: November 11, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »
I just got scammed on ebay someone claiming to be selling 35 ponies plus accessories including boys babies spike and seaponies for 30.20 ...Ya I shoulda known but just letting y'all know too be careful what you purchase there are scammers on there.

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: Warning eBay goers
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
What was the name of the seller so I can block him?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 06:31:48 PM »
Definitely let us know who the seller was... :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »
There is a topic on this in Trader Support. Do not trust any of the listings from China posted by new sellers with 0 feedback. I've been reporting at least one per day...
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »
Oh wow! That is horrible! I don't buy from anyone in China or anyone that is new with 0 feedback either! Sorry to hear that happened to you. :(

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 08:47:15 PM »
I just got scammed on ebay someone claiming to be selling 35 ponies plus accessories including boys babies spike and seaponies for 30.20 ...Ya I shoulda known but just letting y'all know too be careful what you purchase there are scammers on there.

Oh no!  :shocked:
Has Ebay/Paypal reimbursed you?
Can you tell what is happening?
Silly question - but - what makes you sure that you have been scammed - too long to deliver? (yeah, I know a new seller from China with zero fb is obvious)

There is a topic on this in Trader Support. Do not trust any of the listings from China posted by new sellers with 0 feedback. I've been reporting at least one per day...

The fotos + pony descriptions are copied from genuine sellers too - so ALWAYS check the location and fb score before considering bidding!

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »
The name was a series of numbers I think they were a first time seller highly doubt they will use the same account again they were from China

I also recently bought plushies from China but that seller sells a lot let's not right off all of China just first time users who seem to good to be true.

EBay won't reimburse me until like a month after it was supposed to arrive when it doesn't

What makes me sure is I bought it in the first second then started to worry it was too good to be true I mean that's less than a buck a pony with free shipping over seas. So I looked over the person. No other sales joined a week ago. Got more worried sent my tech Davey twin the image and asked them to reverse search it. Turns out it was a copy paste of the image and item description. (Which mentioned it being their own childhood collection so they certainly didn't just resell it) the real own sold for 230 pounds in an auction on ebay.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 09:45:28 PM »
The name was a series of numbers I think they were a first time seller highly doubt they will use the same account again they were from China

I also recently bought plushies from China but that seller sells a lot let's not right off all of China just first time users who seem to good to be true.

EBay won't reimburse me until like a month after it was supposed to arrive when it doesn't

What makes me sure is I bought it in the first second then started to worry it was too good to be true I mean that's less than a buck a pony with free shipping over seas. So I looked over the person. No other sales joined a week ago. Got more worried sent my tech Davey twin the image and asked them to reverse search it. Turns out it was a copy paste of the image and item description. (Which mentioned it being their own childhood collection so they certainly didn't just resell it) the real own sold for 230 pounds in an auction on ebay.

Oh how annoying for you  >_< at least Ebay could potentially reimburse you after the month has passed - just be sure not to miss the deadline to report + claim!

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 10:22:46 PM »
Wow autocorrect...that was tech "savvy" lol
Ya we will have to be careful to be paying attention in like February

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »
Yeah these auctions are crazy prominent all over ebay at the moment! If you see a Chinese vintage pony or pony lot, with a 0 feedback seller, BIN for a crazy low price, report it. They are fake, and yes, we more seasoned collectors may know to check, but as you can see by this thread, newer collectors get caught up in the excitement of a bargain and get scammed. Besides, if they keep getting taken down, eventually they may stop. Keep your eyes peeled, guys, and keep reporting!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »
Ya I'm fairly new to g1 collecting

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 12:53:58 AM »
Shoot, sorry Saphy! Set yourself a reminder to report to eBay - at least you can get your money back. That must be so disappointing for you though :(

As Stormness_1 mentioned there are so many of these false listings right now and they are always copied from other eBay sellers.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »
I wonder whether, if you reported it and could prove that the image was stolen from another auction, you might get the transaction cancelled sooner and your money refunded?
I worry more about what the real purpose of these auctions are, because selling at a low bid seems counterproductive given the actual values of the items. The sooner they're off ebay the better, so definitely report them and see what happens.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »
We literally called ebay...they werent very helpfull but we are doing what they told us to
I feel like the real purpose is either they are dumb enough to not know the value since it was an auction they stole from but theirs was buy it now, or suckers lime me who jump at it and check later because omg low price

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 05:09:52 PM »
I saw two listings from China for ponies for $17.98 free shipping and there are a lot or very rare ones in it also! I know that its a scam! How in the heck do you send 20 some ponies from China and still make money off them!!!??? I reported them.   

Mods I hope this is ok to post this, if not please remove.

This is one of the listings I saw. Not active anymore.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MLP-G1-My-Little-Pony-Lot-FLAWED-Sleepy-Eye-Ponies-amp-So-/182908418493?hash=item2a9630f9bd%3Ag%3A1zgAAOSwvApaD52C&nma=true&si=66UYkxTi4%252F2uZY%252FM37o3NMlAnBQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 05:13:34 PM by achab1984 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal