collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warning eBay goers  (Read 2414 times)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Warning eBay goers
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 05:16:55 PM »
to be fair I fell for this about two weeks back.  I was so quick to buy it now that I didn't look at where it was shipping from.... As soon as I did I knew it was a scam..  had the same issue with a Nintendo lot.  I just don't understand if it's a new account the money is frozen in paypal land till they ship it.. So what's the evil plan?...

you can start the case sooner if you go over to paypal.  They'll lock the funds as soon as you call.

Offline Saphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
Thanks I'll see what I can do with that

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »

I just don't understand if it's a new account the money is frozen in paypal land till they ship it.. So what's the evil plan?...

you can start the case sooner if you go over to paypal.  They'll lock the funds as soon as you call.

As a buyer (I haven't sold on EB for years) I did not know this useful paypal information ^ thanks for sharing!  :thumb:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 10:58:06 AM »
We literally called ebay...they werent very helpfull but we are doing what they told us to
I feel like the real purpose is either they are dumb enough to not know the value since it was an auction they stole from but theirs was buy it now, or suckers lime me who jump at it and check later because omg low price

No, their real purpose is to extract money from people who don't know how to protect themselves.

YOU came here for advice, for help.  Now Ebay/Paypal can work to get your money back.

If you knew nothing and did nothing, then those scammers would have just walked away whistling with YOUR $ 30.20  in their pockets... ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Saphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 11:18:32 AM »
Actually I went to my twin for help I came here to warn anyone who might have copied my mistake :p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal