collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which G1 playset is your favorite?

Lullabye Nursery
Show Stable
1st Edition Dream Castle
2nd Edition Dream Castle
Baby Bonnet School of Dance
Paradise Estate
Megan's Place
Home Sweet Home
Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe
Perm Shoppe/Crimp 'n Curl Salon
Poof 'n Puff Perfume Palace
2nd Edition Show Stable
Pretty Parlor
Brush Me Beautiful Boutique/Grooming Parlor
Sprinkles Waterfall
Cascades Waterfall
Kitchen
School house
Maternity set

Author Topic: Favorite G1 Large Playset  (Read 1280 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Favorite G1 Large Playset
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:19:01 AM »
Which large building playset is your favorite and why?

This is a tough poll for me since my cousin had quite a few when we were kids but I have to go with Lullabye Nursery. It was my favorite as a kid and I love all the accessories.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite G1 Large Playset
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 07:52:39 AM »
Definitely the Lullabye Nursery too. It's just too sweet! :heart:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »
Oof, this is so hard! I love all the early play sets. So pretty and dreamy... The Pretty Parlor is so cute, the waterfall is so fun, the Dream Castle is so huge, and the Show Stable is so cool. I voted Show Stable though! It is so cute, and I think it is awesome to see where the ponies lived. The hoops and things to jump over are so fun too :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 09:34:57 AM »
I love all of them, but I’d have to choose the first dream castle. It’s just so lovely and comes with so much cool pony things!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 09:56:20 AM »
I don't have any G1 playsets yet, but I want Paradise Estate the most, so I voted for it!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »
My first playset was the UK Grooming Parlour from Argos.

It was my second "pony thing" after getting Cotton Candy for my birthday. I used my own birthday money to buy it (with the supervision of my babysitter) and I felt so grown up!

How I played and played with it! The hats, tack, little name labels, Twinkles the cat... looking at the labels and trying to work out who those ponies were and which of my friends had them... being able to close the parlour and stash Peachy + Cotton Candy in there safely and carry them to my bedroom at the end of the day...

For Christmas I got the Dream Castle - I cannot remember if I begged my parents for it or if they guessed... anyway it was a massive surprise for me when I opened it up - the pulleys, Spike the drahon, hoops, thrones, flags, capes, treasure chests, shoes, mirrors... I spent a lot of time playing with it.

I also got the Waterfall set with Cascade - a huge surprise to me as I did not know it existed so it was a brilliant guess by my Uncle to buy it for me!

So which is my favourite? I cannot lie, I really cannot decide!!  :shrug:

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »
Nursery as growing up I loved  Escape from Katrina the vhs tape. I didn't actually have it growing up (I was playing with ponies in 1991 lol) but I has a Sesame Street playset that i outfitted to be the nursery so I was so excited to find my very first one at a tag sale. I hope one day to upgrade it to a much nicer one.
~Foxtale~

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 11:30:30 AM »
I voted Paradise Estate, because I had it as a kid and it was just so massive and fun to set up all of the ponies in it and around it for hours!  I put water in the pool and let the baby sea ponies float around.  Dream Castle is a close second- sadly I never had it growing up but I always loved it! 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 11:32:43 AM »
Nursery, because I had it as a kid and it was awesome - except for the hinge design which is prone to breaking, alas.  I wanted the Paradise Estate but I would likely have not gotten as much fun out of it as I did with the Nursery.  I had a lot of baby ponies and it was perfect for packing up a bunch of MLP stuff to travel with.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 11:46:49 AM »
I went with the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe - but mostly because it's the only one I have/have had hands on experience with! (from the selection above, anyway!)

It was always one I loved the look of, and having it in hand cemented my adoration of it - the little chairs... the sundaes... not to mention Scoops is super sweet! I still need her apron though  :lol:

Another I would love to get one day is Fifi's Perme Shoppe - I have most of the accessories, just not the shell and another couple of odds and ends... it looks enormous but so much fun!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:50:13 AM by Marlin »

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
Dream Castle for me. Dream Castle and Pretty Parlour were my only childhood playsets. The Dream Castle got so much play, it was much loved. I also really like the Nursery and Show Stable but I don't have childhood memories attached to those.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 07:27:24 PM »
I love the memories!
I chose the perm shoppe. I have most of these playsets, and the one that I love setting ponies up in the most is that one. Paradise Estate is a little awkward as a grown-up, hard to get things where I want them to sit. My second choice was the SSSS, though I do love the Perfume Palace.

When I was a kid, the baby ponies all lived in an orphanage, because most of my babies didn't have parents. I built it by myself, there was a door in the floor and curtains around the upstairs porch- truly awesome! I wish i had pictures of it, but i remember every detail. Remember how magazines used to advertise posters with tiny versions of the posters? The orphanage was full of those!

Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 03:18:58 AM »
Paradise Estate is my favourite by far.  I loved it the moment I first saw it in the movie.  I loved the green filigree grates and window shutters, and the swimming pool with the sea pony statues.  Unfortunately I doubt I'll ever own it, as it's so expensive to ship to Australia, and I have such limited space for display and storage.  But a girl can dream...

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 04:33:47 AM »
The Dream Castle for me. I'm a sucker for any pony castle but that was the first one and I just loved playing with it as a kid...and still do now.

Elf

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 04:45:10 AM »
You forgot to add the Kitchen :)
I think thats my favourite playset. I got it for my birthday I think, from my parents thats for sure. I did not ask for it as I had no idea it really existed but I loved it a lot. My favourite set of ponies were the Candy Cane Ponies and since they are candy themed I decided they lived in that kitchen form that day on! And all those cute accessories, I looooooved it!

Here is my original childhood kitchen :

From those listed above I have a really hard time deciding! I though picked the Pretty Parlor since its the most close the the kitchen and as a kid I really wanted it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal