collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Could I get some advice about which site to use?  (Read 770 times)

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Could I get some advice about which site to use?
« on: November 10, 2017, 12:12:43 PM »
Hello,
I hope this is appropriate here- I'm trying to figure out what site would be best for me to sell on!

I'm not really looking to make a big profit, I just want things to go to other collectors who will enjoy them (and I need more space!) I have ponies, vintage littlest pet shop, vintage polly pocket, ever after high, etc but nothing really rare(or pricey).

On Ebay it seems much cheaper and easier to list buy it now only, is that a viable option? 

Etsy seems....very complicated. What are your thoughts? are the fees really as high as they look like they would be?

Is it better to sell in lots or piece by piece?!

I also have the option of tradera or blocket if anyone has experience with those. I will most likely make a post on the Arena too, but since I'm in Sweden I'd imagine most wouldn't want to pay the shipping prices...

Thank you!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Could I get some advice about which site to use?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 12:37:53 PM »
Some people use eCrater. I don't have much experience with it but it seems easy enough to set up!
Some people prefer to buy piece by piece and some in lots, so it really depends...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:30:53 AM »
From what I've been told, in some places opening an Etsy shops is opening a legitimate business so there can be a lot of steps you need to take to be in the clear. If you may go that route definitely do a lot of research into it first. Fees are reasonable for a business but if you have to do more irl due to local laws it probably wouldn't be worth it. Though honestly if you just want to sell off toys this once/rarely I wouldn't really suggest it. Only vintage items are allowed on Etsy if they're not handmade and the pool of buyers is much more limited.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:11:27 AM »
Some people use eCrater. I don't have much experience with it but it seems easy enough to set up!
Some people prefer to buy piece by piece and some in lots, so it really depends...

I will look into it!

Post Merge: November 14, 2017, 06:12:58 AM

From what I've been told, in some places opening an Etsy shops is opening a legitimate business so there can be a lot of steps you need to take to be in the clear. If you may go that route definitely do a lot of research into it first. Fees are reasonable for a business but if you have to do more irl due to local laws it probably wouldn't be worth it. Though honestly if you just want to sell off toys this once/rarely I wouldn't really suggest it. Only vintage items are allowed on Etsy if they're not handmade and the pool of buyers is much more limited.

I have read a bit about that as well, seems a bit crazy. I am looking to sell pretty much just this once so the local listing sites are probably better.

Thanks to both of you, definitely have narrowed it down a bit  ^.^
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:12:58 AM by alaskaallie »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal