collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Adoptables and Ponysonas  (Read 7356 times)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Adoptables and Ponysonas
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »
Quote from: Witch
I really like Neko! But I do understand that as we change so do our tastes. Why dont you give another ponysona a go? I super support making a thread if it helps give good input and I'm so glad people have commented and helped out.
(....)

Shaiyeh whats your ideal ponysona? What sort of pony comes to mind now that you might have outgrown Neko?

I might just make a thread later. I'm thinking of making a whole new 'sona tbh,  and keep Neko, because, well she did represent me for a very lot of years :)
I did a ponysona creation art meme a while back and ended up with this cutie,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I like the colours on her a lot, and I definitely want my 'sona to have the septum piercing, but I'm thinking once again of scrapping the wings (they were an add-on through the meme, so I didn't choose them xD).
Thing is I'm a bit of an all-over-the-place-person.
I LOVE pastels, kawaii stuff and lolita clothes (especially sweet. but I don't wear them >_>). I dress very goth/metal and do my makeup like that, and I love everything dark and spoopy, piercings, tattoos, corsets etc as well xD (and I definitely don't want a white pony with black-and-purple mane and heavy eye makeup. :V). I'm also a huge geek and play WoW for example. I do art (obviously), mostly traditional and when I'm at home I just artsy fart about in totally boho clothes like harem pants and huge knitted jumpers and drink lots of tea (and some wine if it's a weekend), messy (well, for me. I'm particular about keeping my hair as healthy and long as possible XD ) hair, no makeup etc. I'm a witch (think wiccan) and love crystals, tarot, all the tumblr-witchy stuff basically (before it was cool >A< !!1!!11 )
Aaaand then animals. I'd have all the pets if I could fit them, but currently just cats and a reef tank (in progress), but we want to get rattos, more tanks, snake etc.
So yeah, what's my ideal ponysona? XD Something that screams me, even if not everything above is represented. I think you can see why I have a problem ^^' But yeah I'll make my own thread, I don't want to swamp yours :)

I LOVE how your latest picture + ava turned out. The glow around her is so nice <3

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2017, 10:18:15 PM »
Oh wow, she came out lovely, Witch! The purple is a really nice touch! :D

Thank you Moonbreeze! I'm quite happy!  :P I am so glad I got to incorporate red and purple in well.

Quote from: Witch
I really like Neko! But I do understand that as we change so do our tastes. Why dont you give another ponysona a go? I super support making a thread if it helps give good input and I'm so glad people have commented and helped out.
(....)

Shaiyeh whats your ideal ponysona? What sort of pony comes to mind now that you might have outgrown Neko?

I might just make a thread later. I'm thinking of making a whole new 'sona tbh,  and keep Neko, because, well she did represent me for a very lot of years :)
I did a ponysona creation art meme a while back and ended up with this cutie,

I like the colours on her a lot, and I definitely want my 'sona to have the septum piercing, but I'm thinking once again of scrapping the wings (they were an add-on through the meme, so I didn't choose them xD).
Thing is I'm a bit of an all-over-the-place-person.
I LOVE pastels, kawaii stuff and lolita clothes (especially sweet. but I don't wear them >_>). I dress very goth/metal and do my makeup like that, and I love everything dark and spoopy, piercings, tattoos, corsets etc as well xD (and I definitely don't want a white pony with black-and-purple mane and heavy eye makeup. :V). I'm also a huge geek and play WoW for example. I do art (obviously), mostly traditional and when I'm at home I just artsy fart about in totally boho clothes like harem pants and huge knitted jumpers and drink lots of tea (and some wine if it's a weekend), messy (well, for me. I'm particular about keeping my hair as healthy and long as possible XD ) hair, no makeup etc. I'm a witch (think wiccan) and love crystals, tarot, all the tumblr-witchy stuff basically (before it was cool >A< !!1!!11 )
Aaaand then animals. I'd have all the pets if I could fit them, but currently just cats and a reef tank (in progress), but we want to get rattos, more tanks, snake etc.
So yeah, what's my ideal ponysona? XD Something that screams me, even if not everything above is represented. I think you can see why I have a problem ^^' But yeah I'll make my own thread, I don't want to swamp yours :)

I LOVE how your latest picture + ava turned out. The glow around her is so nice <3

I identify with wicca as well! I just wasnt sure if it fell under the umbrella of discussing religion.
You sound like someone I really want to meet and be friends with! We sound super similar! Its like I have all these different images of who I am depending on my mood or whats happening around me. I want to be this beautiful, flawless Gothic priestess (and gothic for me is more period gothic. One of my favourite texts is Stoker's 1987 'Dracula'). Other times I like the idea of being this light, fluffy, sweet person who wears light clothing and comes across as airy fairy. Most of the time I try not to overthink it because I am who I am no matter how much I speculate or wish this or wish that. I love christmas, cold overcast days inside, my 5 sweet chooks, and sitting inside with hundreds of cups of tea. I also enjoy wine but dont consider myself a real wine enthusiast because I only like rose wine because its sweet. So finding a ponysona was difficult in a sense as well. But I stopped looking at her as a representation of me as all of these different people and ideas and focused on the colours and aeshetics I like that dont relate to those identities. No matter my mood I love red and purple. I love bees and am a massive advocate for protecting and preserving them. I also love wiccan vibes and I wanted a flower that reminded me of samhaim (or beltane for me since I'm in aus). I of course loved the sparkle pony aspect because I was obsessed with them as a kid and loved my Twinkler. I personally think your ponysona above is really sweet! She's like and sweet in that pink and creamy yellow but she has these witchy vibes in her maroon hair.
Also holy moly I subscribed to your youtube because wow, you look awesome and those are some amazing tutorials. Do you want to be buddies on here?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:20:04 PM by Witch »

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Shaiyeh

• View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 02:19:11 AM »
Aw - Witch, thanks for the reply! Sure I'd love to be buddies :D (I'm just generally REALLY bad at keeping contact regularly, even with family IRL, so if I'm slow to reply ever, that's just me being me xD ) Super similar indeed x) It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's torn between different styles/interests (or what have you), haha. The image of me I tend to put out there pretty much only shows my spoopy side, with a hint of rocka/gothabilly (forgot that in my list... lol. love burlesque and rockabilly/40s-50s style, also 20-30s, also super into recreating authentic-ish medieval clothes... hahaha), but I want to change that in some way because I just can't be so niche like that. Thanks for subscribing :3 I plan on getting back into uploading on YT, but with more of -me- in it. Tutorials are fun, but I don't want to be just a makeup/haul/OOTD youtuber, and I never meant for my channel to go that way xD I got sort of burnt out on it and haven't uploaded in 6months... but yeah, definitely want to start again soon xD
I guess I have the same issue with my YT like I have with Neko, and just things in general. I struggle with what I want to identify myself as. AT the same time I want to scrap labels completely, because I sort of feel like it's restraining me. I get very locked into things when I do that. (hence why I say 'witch' instead of wiccan, for instance, and I guess my practices and believes don't follow wicca to a T, either, but I'm pleased with it since I did that change :) )
For a while there Neko's symbol cat was a black manekineko holding a pentacle, actually, but yeah. I still don't feel like I connect with the design anymore.
I actually am very pleased with the design of that pony, except for the wings and symbol. Focusing on aesthetics instead of representation should help, thanks a lot for that tip :)
Sorry, went off on a tangent a couple times there xD :silly:

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2017, 12:53:11 AM »
Aw - Witch, thanks for the reply! Sure I'd love to be buddies :D (I'm just generally REALLY bad at keeping contact regularly, even with family IRL, so if I'm slow to reply ever, that's just me being me xD ) Super similar indeed x) It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's torn between different styles/interests (or what have you), haha. The image of me I tend to put out there pretty much only shows my spoopy side, with a hint of rocka/gothabilly (forgot that in my list... lol. love burlesque and rockabilly/40s-50s style, also 20-30s, also super into recreating authentic-ish medieval clothes... hahaha), but I want to change that in some way because I just can't be so niche like that. Thanks for subscribing :3 I plan on getting back into uploading on YT, but with more of -me- in it. Tutorials are fun, but I don't want to be just a makeup/haul/OOTD youtuber, and I never meant for my channel to go that way xD I got sort of burnt out on it and haven't uploaded in 6months... but yeah, definitely want to start again soon xD
I guess I have the same issue with my YT like I have with Neko, and just things in general. I struggle with what I want to identify myself as. AT the same time I want to scrap labels completely, because I sort of feel like it's restraining me. I get very locked into things when I do that. (hence why I say 'witch' instead of wiccan, for instance, and I guess my practices and believes don't follow wicca to a T, either, but I'm pleased with it since I did that change :) )
For a while there Neko's symbol cat was a black manekineko holding a pentacle, actually, but yeah. I still don't feel like I connect with the design anymore.
I actually am very pleased with the design of that pony, except for the wings and symbol. Focusing on aesthetics instead of representation should help, thanks a lot for that tip :)
Sorry, went off on a tangent a couple times there xD :silly:

All good with tangents! I think you should make a few different designs and focus on impulse and going with what feels right at the time, instead of overthinking concept. This is helpful when I'm drawing or designing character concept art too. Concept can get in the way of a design sometimes, or hinder it rather than inform it and strengthen it. It you sit down, and make a few different, random pony designs based on what you feel like in the moment, then you can kind of step back and look at them collectively and get some input from what choices you make when you arent clouded with conceptual ties, or worried that you wont be able to encapsulate what seems to be a very complex character. You could pick your favourite out of those designs and build a colour key, and then keep experimenting with those colours. Cutie mark might come way later down in the process, and similarly I'd scribble a whole page on PS of random symbols and signs that make you happy, emotionally happy. Imagery that just makes you feel good to look at. For me its usually celtic wiccan symbols that represent important ideas or morals. Pinterest is great for that kind of thing. I loosely, and I mean very loosely, based the flower in my cutie mark on a celtic knot, just the aesthetic of it really. I chose a bee because of my emotional investment in them.

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Shaiyeh

• View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2017, 02:12:09 PM »
I think that sounds like a very good idea ideed, I should take that to heart with characters in general x) I'm not used to creating characters visually (I'm good with writing them up for like DnD/WoW rp or the fiction I've written in the past), but I'm trying to work on a couple characters atm for other projects, so I think doing what you suggest is a great idea :D When I do get around to doing that, I'll be putting it in my ponysona help thread I made ^__^
Also, bees :heart:

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »
I think that sounds like a very good idea ideed, I should take that to heart with characters in general x) I'm not used to creating characters visually (I'm good with writing them up for like DnD/WoW rp or the fiction I've written in the past), but I'm trying to work on a couple characters atm for other projects, so I think doing what you suggest is a great idea :D When I do get around to doing that, I'll be putting it in my ponysona help thread I made ^__^
Also, bees :heart:

I hope you get a good result! When I’m not on my phone I’ll post on your thread and we can keep each other updated on our sonas. I think I’m going to actually commit and get a custom pony of her to celebrate rejoining the mlp community and finally having a ponysona! I’m nervous and excited and even if her design changes, I’ll always have a soft spot for her as a character so I feel like a custom will be significant to me. When I’m back on my computer I’m happy to do some doodles with you like ponysona study buddies! :silly:

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2017, 06:24:40 AM »
Well, Witch, sadly I'm not done until a long time. I don't have my tablet until this weekend and I don't like that drawing anymore. I wanted to make your pony look like it's made of crystal, which I though might be interesting, but I don't like where this is going. It is just plain ugly to me. My apologies. Here's the undone drawing, with and without sketch.

Spoiler

Sorry again, have a nice day.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
Well, Witch, sadly I'm not done until a long time. I don't have my tablet until this weekend and I don't like that drawing anymore. I wanted to make your pony look like it's made of crystal, which I though might be interesting, but I don't like where this is going. It is just plain ugly to me. My apologies. Here's the undone drawing, with and without sketch.

Spoiler

Sorry again, have a nice day.

I think it looks great RoseNoire! Thank you for drawing her at all!  :lovey:

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »
Everyone's sonas look so great. I really like yours, Witch!

I'm actually split between two:

This is Lilac, the first one I made. He sort of reflects the more fanciful side of me, the dreamer. He's blue because I like blue, his symbol is lilacs because that's the state flower of Idaho where I was born, and he's a Flutter Pony because I really like Flutter Ponies.

This is Double Gulp, a more "down-to-earth" representation of me that somewhat more reflects me as I am (hence the brown hair). His symbol and name come from the fact that I consume lots and lots of Double Gulp refills.
should be perma-moderated

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2017, 05:43:52 PM »
Everyone's sonas look so great. I really like yours, Witch!

I'm actually split between two:

This is Lilac, the first one I made. He sort of reflects the more fanciful side of me, the dreamer. He's blue because I like blue, his symbol is lilacs because that's the state flower of Idaho where I was born, and he's a Flutter Pony because I really like Flutter Ponies.

This is Double Gulp, a more "down-to-earth" representation of me that somewhat more reflects me as I am (hence the brown hair). His symbol and name come from the fact that I consume lots and lots of Double Gulp refills.

Nice ponysonas, ZeldaTheSwordsman! I like how you have two that represent the whimsical and practical side to you. :)

Now no one hate on me but I once again changed her cutiemark. I just wasnt happy! I decided to make an executive decision that improved her as not just my ponysona but as a character of her own. Aside from bees I love cats and I love the fantastical elements of witchcraft, mysticism and alchemy. So I made a magical guardian cutie mark - a purple, four eyed cat that moves. He is Billie's guardian and he helps her when she needs him. Her cutie mark represents her gift for the wiccan arts and her soulful journey to finding balance and happiness. He can be seen holding magic potions, reading an old alchemy book or just sitting watching over her quietly. I might even name him. This cutie mark makes me a lot happier because there is a story behind it that I can root for and identify with. I think I'm finally actually happy, not just trying to be happy. Thoughts?

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2017, 06:22:08 PM »
Wow, I love her new mark! And thank you!

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 07:31:15 PM »

Thank you so much!!

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »

Thank you so much!!
You're welcome ^_^

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 08:58:31 PM »

Finished her ref sheet. Phew! Now thats done I can put some money into a custom for her! And I want to do some christmas adoptables, too.

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »
She looks amazing, Witch!
Her new cutiemark/ symbol is really pretty, nice story behind it too :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal