collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Adoptables and Ponysonas  (Read 7314 times)

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
Re: Adoptables and Ponysonas
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 09:04:56 PM »
I've had trouble settling on a ponysona! I made my first one, Melodica, maybe a year or two after Friendship is Magic came out. I wasn't happy with her, so a while later I made Leaf Cascade and have been using him as my ponysona for years. (Leaf Cascade is the one in my profile pic and signature)

Now I'm going to remake my 'sona again... just not happy with the colors since they're not really "MLP" enough.

But it's been about 5 years and I'm still working on my final design! So I think a lot of people change theirs every once in a while, or the design slowly changes as the person changes.
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 11:55:05 PM »
I've had trouble settling on a ponysona! I made my first one, Melodica, maybe a year or two after Friendship is Magic came out. I wasn't happy with her, so a while later I made Leaf Cascade and have been using him as my ponysona for years. (Leaf Cascade is the one in my profile pic and signature)

Now I'm going to remake my 'sona again... just not happy with the colors since they're not really "MLP" enough.

But it's been about 5 years and I'm still working on my final design! So I think a lot of people change theirs every once in a while, or the design slowly changes as the person changes.

Thanks Leafcascade. I think your ponysona is really great actually! Those colours are super complimentary. Have you thought about going back to some of the really old, G1-G2 ponies for inspiration? If youre after really mlp colours. Ive found the older generations designs look really fantastic in the fim world.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 05:59:25 AM »
I keep changing my designs wildly and never settle on one...my sig has a design that I'm still working on the G4 version of. I'll try to whip something up tonight, maybe I'll post in this thread when I've got it.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »
I keep changing my designs wildly and never settle on one...my sig has a design that I'm still working on the G4 version of. I'll try to whip something up tonight, maybe I'll post in this thread when I've got it.

Yeah definitely post! I'd love to see how your ponysona evolves! I had a little play last night and made my original bust into a full body sketch. Its still not a final design and theres still no cutiemark and unfortunately I missed out on a sweet Halloween piece but oh well! On a related note, ponies are so fun to draw! I used to trace G1 line art as a kid and colour it in but I havent drawn mlp for a long time. Only a commission here and there and that was in G4 style and I was so over ponies at that stage it wasnt even exciting for me. For the past how many years Ive honestly been doing portfolio work and neopets character art! (fan art for my pets nothing special). I'm glad to be in the mlp art scene  :silly: I wonder if people will want halloween adoptables of this? Im going to swap out the witch hat for a santa hat soon as well. Or maybe just draw another piece since I am clicking with this design lots!

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:43 PM »
Ooh, you did such a great job. I love your artwork !  :frolic:
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
Ooh, you did such a great job. I love your artwork !  :frolic:

Cheers RoseNoire!  :lovey:

Post Merge: November 15, 2017, 05:09:31 AM

OK my first go at a cutiemark because I love bees! I am unsure if it works but its a work in progress. I really want to experiment with flowers but not sure which ones to go with a bee.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:09:31 AM by Witch »

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2017, 11:40:12 AM »
Bees love yellow flowers, or maybe do a violet to match her eyeshadow!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 12:29:55 PM »
I love the bee symbol! The colours are also really neat and I think it was a great idea to make her a sparkly pony, you don't really see those as personas so it's something unique! And the sparkle effect looks great with the dark red.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »

Thanks Tailrustedleaf!  :frolic: I was thinking that, but when I drew her eyeshadow originally it was for a witchy theme more than a 'her' thing. My favourite colour is red and I love red against bright, pigmented oranges and golds. I might try a lotus-ish design and try add the bee into it.

I love the bee symbol! The colours are also really neat and I think it was a great idea to make her a sparkly pony, you don't really see those as personas so it's something unique! And the sparkle effect looks great with the dark red.

Thanks Griffin!  :lovey: I want to perfect that sparkle effect but I am liking my ponysona reflecting Sparkle Ponies - theyre just too sweet!

My newest design but still unhappy as usual  :silly:

Post Merge: November 15, 2017, 08:11:17 PM

My second attempt. Hopefully getting better.

My makeshift ponysona sheet. Not sure I'm super sold on my design but its a good start!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:46:24 PM by Witch »

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 12:45:32 AM »
This is really great ! I like that sheet. Don't worry about it changing, it's totally natural. Look at my sheet, on my first post, she changed a lot after it.  :lol:
And I even made another one later, it was in 2015.
Spoiler
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 01:25:26 AM »
This is really great ! I like that sheet. Don't worry about it changing, it's totally natural. Look at my sheet, on my first post, she changed a lot after it.  :lol:
And I even made another one later, it was in 2015.
Spoiler

I love Rosy, RoseNoire! I feel like she has so much more flow in her design. Her cutiemark makes sense! But to me, The cutiemark on my gal is pretty but it doesnt suit her like I feel it should. Maybe I'll make a couple ponysonas and use them all!  :silly: I might save this cutie mark for another day. I also want to include some celtic symbols and maybe a cat but at the same time I want something beautifully simple. So difficult!

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 06:44:51 AM »

Very cute! The cutie mark looks really nice and her colors gel together really nice.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »
This site doesn't like my photo links so I can't show ya but I went through 2 different ponysonas....and now I have over 50 story ocs they aren't me but they are characters I own I love writing pony stories.
My first ponysona was stardust. She had palimino fur matching my skin color brown hair matching mine wore pink bows on her pigtails and tail matching my style and had blue eyes...just like mine I rl. Oh and silver hooves but thats to match a real horse. She was and earth pony and aside from being a draft breed because I connect with drafts was as boring as they come. A young adult blank flank who felt she would never get her cutiemark i had a blog for her and everything but she was super boring.
I did a design trade with a nice brony on Tumblr, they are a cat, if you know them you know exactly who I mean lol they sign thier art "a cat" we each ended up drawing blue Pegasus for each other. The one they made me was this light blue foal with white blanket appaloosa markings and white ears. The eyes were covered by a deep blue forelock. The mane amd tail were short and i couldnt tell the gender. I made her a 12 year old filly gave her emerald green eyes and wrote her into a story i hacent officially wrotten out of my mind yet besides sending piles of detail to my writing partner lol. I ended up putting way to much of myself into her and when i realized this i made her my new ponysona. Thats sapphire or saphy the filly in my icon. I later added the leg markings. Cause cute.

I could tell you tons about my story characters too....I should make them a forum they answer questions on my fa account.

Post Merge: November 16, 2017, 07:59:48 AM

Thanks Tailrustedleaf!  :frolic: I was thinking that, but when I drew her eyeshadow originally it was for a witchy theme more than a 'her' thing. My favourite colour is red and I love red against bright, pigmented oranges and golds. I might try a lotus-ish design and try add the bee into it.

Thanks Griffin!  :lovey: I want to perfect that sparkle effect but I am liking my ponysona reflecting Sparkle Ponies - theyre just too sweet!

My newest design but still unhappy as usual  :silly:

Post Merge: November 15, 2017, 08:11:17 PM

My second attempt. Hopefully getting better.

My makeshift ponysona sheet. Not sure I'm super sold on my design but its a good start!

Have you tried the shine tool on paint tool sai?
Making her seethrough (turn down the opacity on the fur color layers) could help too
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:01:03 AM by Saphy »

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 01:02:40 PM »
Wow, I really like how your persona turned out (so far)! :D Her symbol/ cutie mark looks awesome.

My OC has had a lot of designs. And after a couple of years, I'm sort of tempted to change her design again... maybe  :lookround: I have some other OC's floating around too. I really need to draw them more often :P

This is her most recent design (a good couple of years old  :satisfied:) She's has the same name as my screen name

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2017, 01:57:06 PM »
Witch, I really like you OC (Original character) now, do you mind if I draw her ? I'm only able to draw on the weekends and I feel inspired with your pony. ^^
-> Made by Starrynights

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal