collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Adoptables and Ponysonas  (Read 7315 times)

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Adoptables and Ponysonas
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:33:08 PM »
Hi guys!
Returning to the MLP world has been insightful and strange, but I think I'm ready for it! I'm an old G1 collector, but fell out of love somewhere between high school and university. Ponysonas! Very curious and to be honest, super keen. I love the idea, and I think throughout the years I've probably explored having one without really realising. I remember making up lots of characters when I was younger to interject myself into my made up stories in the mlp world, which sounds a lot sadder typing that then it was when I was a kid.  :happy: Also these mlp emojis are so sweeeeet! I may overuse these, so apologies in advance. I guess my point is, where do I start in finding my ponysona? Did you all go through a long process, where yours changed or shifted? Or did you pretty much know straight away?  :hope: Are there any pony maker type sites or programs to make it a bit easier? I have a vague idea, but only really with colour. I love light pinks and blues, and on the other spectrum, bright reds, orange and purples. So I hope I can find some harmony in my ideas, and find a sweet result!
Hopefully this is in the right forum, because I am hopeless with determining topic context.

[Moving to Art! Thanks - Bekuno]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:04:27 AM by Bekuno »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Adoptables and Ponysonas
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:10:07 AM »
TBH, I used to photocopy the G3 colouring books and play around with colours on those, and that's how I came up with FadedIvy originally. She's my favourite shade of blue, with purple hair, to match my very first pony. Then I picked something I felt an affinity to as a symbol. Ivy covering her like an old wall, like it hides the real her, like I have most of my life. Ivy is also said to signify femininity and loyalty, both traits I identify strongly with in my true personality, but not necessarily the side of myself I show the world. She's an outward representation of the inner me. I also adore TAFs, so she was perfect. No two pictures of FadedIvy have the same ivy placement, I like to let artists draw her as they want to, (even TAF optional) as ivy is always growing and changing, and so is my life and my emotions. I love every picture of her being so different!

Just play around and have fun. Your ponysona can change, and you can have more than one, too! Just as long as you're happy, that's all that matters!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 05:34:57 AM »
Ponysonas are really fun, I made my first one pretty quickly after I registered to a FiM-forum, in 2012. I got carried away a bit and it became a powerful Alicorn who travels in space. Her name was "Princess Comet". As you can guess, she used her magic to be a pretty comet in the sky. It was supposed to be me, but boi, it was too overpowered.  :lol:  I was 13.
I asked a couple of people to draw her. Look at those drawings, they are amazing. I love them.
Spoiler

And then, in late april, I drew that one of Comet, too. ^^ I was 14.
Spoiler
So yeah, I had her for some months (March-August 2012) and then, I calmed myself down an decided to change my ponysona, make it a bit more regular and drew it.
Spoiler
August 2012

And since then, I tweaked her a bit when I felt necessary. Just because my own tastes changed or because I evolved drastically. Since it is my ponysona, I make her evolve along myself.

Spoiler
June 2013, changed her mane color
 On August 2013, she went from purple eyes to a green right eye and a teal left eye.
August 2016, long mane like I did. I went in some sort of depression and isolation from july 2014 to september 2016. This is me, being nostalgic of some good times I had before and also still grieving my precious cat who brutally passed away. Now I 100% moved on from that sad period.  ^.^

And now - 2017 -, I'm 19. I don't draw that often anymore, but my pony changed again. She got a new hair cut, is joyful and her eye color changed again, her previous green eye is now a lapis-lazuli blue.

So yeah, in conclusion, a ponysona is a reflection of yourself. But you can do whatever you want really. It's up to you and your creativity. =)
Have a nice day !
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:33:06 AM by RoseNoire »
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:26:30 PM »
TBH, I used to photocopy the G3 colouring books and play around with colours on those, and that's how I came up with FadedIvy originally. She's my favourite shade of blue, with purple hair, to match my very first pony. Then I picked something I felt an affinity to as a symbol. Ivy covering her like an old wall, like it hides the real her, like I have most of my life. Ivy is also said to signify femininity and loyalty, both traits I identify strongly with in my true personality, but not necessarily the side of myself I show the world. She's an outward representation of the inner me. I also adore TAFs, so she was perfect. No two pictures of FadedIvy have the same ivy placement, I like to let artists draw her as they want to, (even TAF optional) as ivy is always growing and changing, and so is my life and my emotions. I love every picture of her being so different!

Just play around and have fun. Your ponysona can change, and you can have more than one, too! Just as long as you're happy, that's all that matters!

Wow Stormness! Your ponysona is gorgeous. I love the backstory you added to her and how she reflects an inner part of yourself that you don't always project in your real life, but you feel is an important aspect of your identity. I think thats really beautiful.

Ponysonas are really fun, I made my first one pretty quickly after I registered to a FiM-forum, in 2012. I got carried away a bit and it became a powerful Alicorn who travels in space. Her name was "Princess Comet". As you can guess, she used her magic to be a pretty comet in the sky. It was supposed to be me, but boi, it was too overpowered.  :lol:  I was 13.
I asked a couple of people to draw her. Look at those drawings, they are amazing. I love them.
Spoiler

And then, in late april, I drew that one of Comet, too. ^^ I was 14.
Spoiler
So yeah, I had her for some months (March-August 2012) and then, I calmed myself down an decided to change my ponysona, make it a bit more regular and drew it.
Spoiler
August 2012

And since then, I tweaked her a bit when I felt necessary. Just because my own tastes changed or because I evolved drastically. Since it is my ponysona, I make her evolve along myself.

Spoiler
June 2013, changed her mane color
 On August 2013, she went from purple eyes to a green right eye and a teal left eye.
August 2016, long mane like I did. I went in some sort of depression and isolation from july 2014 to september 2016. This is me, being nostalgic of some good times I had before and also still grieving my precious cat who brutally passed away. Now I 100% moved on from that sad period.  ^.^

And now - 2017 -, I'm 19. I don't draw that often anymore, but my pony changed again. She got a new hair cut, is joyful and her eye color changed again, her previous green eye is now a lapis-lazuli blue.

So yeah, in conclusion, a ponysona is a reflection of yourself. But you can do whatever you want really. It's up to you and your creativity. =)
Have a nice day !

Thanks RoseNoire! I like how your ponysona changed and adapted to suit you. I also still think that Princess Comet is a really cool standalone character. I think space ponies would be an interesting development in this new fim world!

SO I did some experimenting last night and went through some of my favourite G1s to find inspiration and when I first started collecting I thought that Sparkle Ponies were the coolest thing and I was obsessed. My first sparkle pony was Twinkler and I loved her so much. She ended up getting lost somewhere between moving houses a couple times which is really sad but I always considered her one of my favourite ponies that I ever owned. I am thinking of going back online to try and find another one but I have only just returned to G1 collecting so I havent decided yet. But I still really love her and I wanted my ponysona to reflect some of that, and be a sparkle pony of sorts. I think it ended up looking more like freckles but thats ok.  :silly: I didnt draw her full body because I have no idea what sort of cutiemark I wanted but its a good start I think. So this is my Sparkle Pony. I think she's a work in progress. I might edit a santa hat instead of a witch hat when it hits december  :frolic: If you squint, she SORT of looks like she could be a sparkle pony. Well she includes my favourite colour which is red and my second favourite which is purple. Her eyes are also purple right now but I'm so indecisive I dont know if I am going to stick to that. I might just use this as a nice profile image. Hope its a good start!  :happy:

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:20:07 PM by Witch »

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 08:35:25 PM »
I struggled with making pony forms for my main persona Koudo who is a dragon and still have never settled on one but I think when I finally decided to make my pony persona, Cavy, it just kinda clicked. The white coat and reddish orange mane are in tribute to my guinea pig Atomic Fireball who was a red and white guinea pig. Her name is Cavy because that is the other word for guinea pig. Her eyes are green because mine are and I love green eyes. Her mark is a black guinea pig because like me she has an affinity for guinea pigs and unlike me she can also communicate with them. I also love black animals. At first she was just a unicorn, then I gave her wings because Koudo is a dragon and has both wings and horns also and Cavy is supposed to be me in the pony world. Cavy can be seen in my sig^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »
I struggled with making pony forms for my main persona Koudo who is a dragon and still have never settled on one but I think when I finally decided to make my pony persona, Cavy, it just kinda clicked. The white coat and reddish orange mane are in tribute to my guinea pig Atomic Fireball who was a red and white guinea pig. Her name is Cavy because that is the other word for guinea pig. Her eyes are green because mine are and I love green eyes. Her mark is a black guinea pig because like me she has an affinity for guinea pigs and unlike me she can also communicate with them. I also love black animals. At first she was just a unicorn, then I gave her wings because Koudo is a dragon and has both wings and horns also and Cavy is supposed to be me in the pony world. Cavy can be seen in my sig^^

Cavy is lovely Koudoawaia! I also love the backstory! Guinea Pigs never seem to like me. I'm more of a cat gal but they are so cute! And they have pig in them which I love! Also nice colours and you could always write a story about how she is descended from dragons and is discovering her heritage and family powers. :)

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 08:56:42 PM »
Thank you very much^^ I'm a cat person myself also now. Have two gorgeous girls. For yourself, maybe think about what you yourself have an affinity for and maybe your favorite colors and start brainstorming from there for making a pony persona.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 09:05:23 PM »
Thank you very much^^ I'm a cat person myself also now. Have two gorgeous girls. For yourself, maybe think about what you yourself have an affinity for and maybe your favorite colors and start brainstorming from there for making a pony persona.

I think I already did a bit (above) but I'm still stumped on the cutie mark. Im a character concept artist but I dont necessarily want a drawing related cutie mark. Maybe some sort of symbol or flower?

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 09:59:24 PM »

I think I already did a bit (above) but I'm still stumped on the cutie mark. Im a character concept artist but I dont necessarily want a drawing related cutie mark. Maybe some sort of symbol or flower?

You know what could be cool? A single flower, but the stem has a nib at the end, instead of an angled cut. That would be awesome, and could be really subtle, depending on how you drew it.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »

You know what could be cool? A single flower, but the stem has a nib at the end, instead of an angled cut. That would be awesome, and could be really subtle, depending on how you drew it.

That would be cool! But I dont know if I could make it look good. I wanted something that sort of resembled a celtic symbol or something related to witchcraft, but also in a subtle way. I will see if I can make some different ideas and maybe post and see what people think.

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 12:10:17 AM »
Witch - I really like your pony, I think it's really nice. Hope it suits you well. =)
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 12:13:43 AM »
Witch - I really like your pony, I think it's really nice. Hope it suits you well. =)

Thanks RoseNoire! I hope she suits me too. I am digging her design actually just need that cutiemark to stick!

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
So is the one in your icon your pony persona then? I really like her colors and how glittery she looks

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 09:05:55 AM »
Moving this topic over to art as it has more to do with ponysonas and doll makers rather than adopts  :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Faeriefalls

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »
So is the one in your icon your pony persona then? I really like her colors and how glittery she looks

Yes :) I posted her a bit earlier in a spoiler, but I might remove to make her a bit more visible. I'm just working on a cutie mark now.

Moving this topic over to art as it has more to do with ponysonas and doll makers rather than adopts  :)

Thanks Bekuno! Sorry wasnt sure where to put this since I was looking at peoples ponysonas in adoptables.

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal