TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

International Shippers: Any countries you will NOT ship to and why?

(1/7) > >>

Stiletto:
I know we have some major sellers in here that have been shipping for a long time, and I want to pick your brain.  Hope you don't mind!  In your years of experience are there any countries you will not ship too?  And why?  Did you have a bad experience, get scammed, problems with imports/duty fees anything like that I want to know.  My experience shipping International from the US has been pleasant so far and I've shipped to about 15 different countries without trouble.  I'd really appreciate your opinions and experiences.

On a side note: Several of my International buyers have been using agents to purchase from me instead of shipping to them directly, which is even better for everyone if you ask me.  But I don't know how expensive that service tends to be for the buyer.  Can someone who has used an agent to purchase something through eBay shed some light on this for me?  Thank you!

tikibirds:
I will not ship to ITALY. Every single package I have sent there never made it to its destination and a few times I have gotten them back over a year later and the package looked like it was a war zone.

Canada, Germany and Netherlands have had delays in delivery.
China - no problems but they have to pay import fees. I have sent huge boxes of baby food to former co workers here.
UK - No problems
Singapore - No problems

bluerose9978:
I second Italy. They have an old rule that you can only declare wooden toys. And I have heard of too many problems.

Also, many Asian countries may take months to arrive if you don't ship by expensive services and I prefer to ship via the cheapest method to save my buyers on shipping costs. So I just prefer to avoid it unless someone requests to buy and is OK with the length of time it may take.

Lady Frostbite:
I've been told to only ship to Malaysia by tracked/signed, as parcels get 'lost' a lot (I have a friend who lives and is from there, and she warned me before sending parcels to her).

I've also heard horror stories for Italy. I'm very lucky that, to memory, all mine have gotten there. I think it was my Italian buyer who first warned me!

Stiletto:

--- Quote from: tikibirds on November 09, 2017, 03:53:36 PM ---I will not ship to ITALY. Every single package I have sent there never made it to its destination and a few times I have gotten them back over a year later and the package looked like it was a war zone.

--- End quote ---

Well, I never thought Italy would be someone's problem country!
I currently have packages in transit to Russia and Malaysia, so hope they make it.  Other places I have successfully shipped are Canada, Australia, Reunion (French Island), Germany, Norway, Sweden, England, Poland, New Zealand, Denmark, and a couple others that I can't seem to remember right off the top of my head.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version