collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any experience of I Parcel?  (Read 743 times)

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
Any experience of I Parcel?
« on: November 08, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »
On November 5th, I ordered something (non-pony) from Amazon.com to be delivered to the UK, and the next day it shipped, saying it was being delivered by a courier called I Parcel. I didn't think anything of it, though I'd never heard of that company. It's not due to be delivered until the 20th, and so far I'm getting regular updates as it goes to different carrier facilities. I had to get the item imported as it was never sold in the UK.

I decided I'd have a look at customer reviews of I Parcel and yikes! Most of them are really, really bad, saying things like the item was delivered to the wrong address, or wasn't delivered at all. I've also heard that a lot of containers fall off ships as they cross the Atlantic, which didn't help my worries. I'm not too bothered about the item arriving quickly- as long as I know it is going to arrive.

I know people are more likely to post a review on a site like Trustpilot if they had a bad experience, so it might not be an accurate representation of the company, but there must be something wrong if so many people had such negative experiences.

Has anyone here ever used I Parcel, and if you have, did you get a straightforward service or were there complications?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Any experience of I Parcel?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
Iv never used it intentionally? but that seems to be the way it is? I ordered something off amazon once to be sent to my bf, shipment and updates seemed fine, but then it just kinda stopped? after a lot of calls and research I feared it might be lost for good. Then the item randomly after about a week or two after the delivery date, it showed up at the destination, sorta.. The mailman put it in the wrong mail box so my bf had to knock on doors to find his item.. But i chalk that up to him living in a large apartment complex.

A different friend ordered something and it was being shipped by the normal postal system, but then for whatever reason got picked up by I parcel, and as far as I know it was never delivered.

I hope your item arrives safe and sound though x.x
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:23:44 AM »
My parcel arrived today, a little squished but fine. (It was a soft toy, so will go back into shape ok)
The only problem was that it said it wasn't going to arrive until the 20th so they didn't have any guarantee I'd be in, but aside from that, everything went well. Maybe they've improved as a company since the reviews I read were posted.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:47:18 AM »
I read the reviews much later but I and my hubby quite often order from US Amazon  (we're in the UK )  and have had many parcels delivered by I-Parcel without any issues at all . Unlike Hermes! that's another story...
I'm glad that your parcel arrived safely :hug:  :bigups:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:55:05 AM »
People are more likely to report bad experiences than good experiences! There may have been a skew in favor of "bad service" because we don't tend to think twice if something arrives in good condition/on time, but if something is late we will report it somehow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal