collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rusty  (Read 9604 times)

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Rusty
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 08:29:44 AM »
I know several arena members have reverse gusty. Yes babydoll has one too.
I just know of the original two confirmed ones were wolfchick and delaneys. and then there are like 3 others that members have found. So maybe 5 total on the arena.

Still waiting to hear back from that catalogue collector PKW
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 10:08:38 AM »
I had a look and BabyDoll does indeed have a reverse Gusty ^.^ she got her in a lot off UK eBay accordingly to the thread I found. I know she wanted to have her authenticated some how.

Sadly the pictures in the various threads on Reverse Gusty are no longer working :(

Hopefully you'll hear back at some point or perhaps the catalogue will appear somewhere else :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 12:06:34 PM »
Terrie is 100% Satinslipper/browncatpurrs.  She's awesome.  :)

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »
Yes ive seen babydolls reverse gusty. We have done comparisons on the weave.
The only difference between hers and my confirmed one is that hers is missing the factory glue on the weave. 
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 03:11:10 PM »
Well remembered Skeen :bigups:

Ember1 yes in the thread I found Babydoll mentioned the lack of glue on the mane weave :) I remember there were loads of pictures of Reverse Gusty and Babydoll's Reverse Gusty, but the images are now gone :( I recall you both comparing hair/length/texture and such.

I know the Reverse Gusty in the nirvana gallery is now with you Ember1 :bigups: I'm thinking it might be nice to put a few extra details in the description, such as her eye colour and symbols being like Scandinavia Gusty :) sounds small, but it might not be obvious to someone just browsing the gallery that it's not just her hair colour that is different ^.^

Love pkw xxx

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 07:22:06 AM »
Her symbols are not like scandinavian gusty in shape.  Her stems have an arced curve where scandi gustys are usually straight. I remember we did the photo comparisons in the old thread. However the symbol color looks to be a dead match to scandi gusty.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 08:34:26 AM »
Her symbols are not like scandinavian gusty in shape.  Her stems have an arced curve where scandi gustys are usually straight. I remember we did the photo comparisons in the old thread. However the symbol color looks to be a dead match to scandi gusty.

Duly noted ^.^ I have amended the information in the nirvana gallery. If I had been thinking at the time I should have asked for extra images for the gallery.

There were plenty pictures in that thread of all sorts of comparisons. Sadly the pictures can no longer be viewed as they are/were hosted on Photobucket. Since July 2017 Photobucket no longer allows third party hosting, so many of the pictures in that thread and else where are no longer visible/available :(

Love pkw xxx

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »
Pinkittywinks the original reverse gusty found in 1997 was found by Wokfchick. Wolfchick sold her to Brickhaven, who sold to stormy whi aold to Sarah bee who sold to me. I believe the gallery ststes that brickhaven originally found her.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 05:04:17 PM »
Ember - I wonder, if you have a moment, it would be really interesting to see a detailed symbol shot of Rusty G. I don't have a Scandinavian Gusty yet but it would be interesting to see if her symbol more resembles the US release. She was obviously created before Scandinavian Gusty was released, so I wonder if they used the US as a basis, and if the US glitter print and the Scandinavian ones are different or if it's down to batch.

I did see SarahBee's RG which I think is the one you have at Ponycon a few years back, but I can't seem to find the photos of her that I took right now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 04:42:41 AM »
We did the comparisons in that old post but the photos are gone.
We compared US gusty UK gusty scandi and reverse gusty symbols.
The reverse gusty had delecate symbols with curved stems but matched color and glitter wise to Scandi gusty. Uk US and scandi gustys had straight thicker stems.

Ill reshoot her symbol to show this. I believe i still have some of the photos. Babydoll had posted a good one comparing all 4 gustys.
Anyone know how to post a photo on here now that photobucket is
Not an option?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:46:37 AM by Ember1 »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 04:56:26 AM »
We did the comparisons in that old post but the photos are gone.
We compared US gusty UK gusty scandi and reverse gusty symbols.
The reverse gusty had delecate symbols with curved stems but matched color and glitter wise to Scandi gusty. Uk US and scandi gustys had straight thicker stems.

Ill reshoot her symbol to show this. I believe i still have some of the photos. Babydoll had posted a good one comparing all 4 gustys.
Anyone know how to post a photo on here now that photobucket is
Not an option?

Thanks, That'd be great :) If you can't figure out a free hosting site, you can always email the picture to me and I'll host it on my server for you. I'm just interested in these tiny little details. It's like steps in the Gusty design process from one version to another.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2018, 12:32:17 PM »
I'm fairly sure Babydoll's one is also real - I still have the original photo from the ebay auction saved. It was an unmarked auction on ebay UK and the seller had a bunch of ponies up but knew little about them.

Sadly the run of fakes way back has made it difficult to tell with these gals :/

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 09:19:41 AM »
Yes i agree. I think babydolls is real too but i am still stumped as to why she doesnt have factory glued weave inside her head.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 11:18:22 AM »
Yes i agree. I think babydolls is real too but i am still stumped as to why she doesnt have factory glued weave inside her head.

Earlier step in production, perhaps? Or just an oversight?  Though unfortunately it's also possible someone made one and then the whole scandal came out and it ended up at a carboot sale where that seller got her. Since you have the record, LadyG, I suspect it came after and not before the RG thing first got talked about, so that possibility remains. Someone might have made a custom one and after the scandal with the frauds, decided not to keep it? Or it's one of those and was donated rather than kept? I don't know. It could as easily be real. Though honestly I would expect fakes to have aqua eyes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:20:54 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2018, 05:03:59 PM »
I had a fake one with green eyes. My old post showed the comparisons. She had a cherry treats color of red with an orangy overtone in her hair while the real reverse gusty has a red with a pinky overtone. The red is distinct and unique to reverse gusty so that may be one way to authenticate.

Real reverse gusty
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm341/lpponygirl/00EE0B38-CA48-4794-8A5D-31C815DC39C5_zps49whj7ke.jpg

Symbol comparison. Fake on the left. Real on the right
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm341/lpponygirl/ADD5F33F-9606-494B-889E-7E7A04120670_zpsijfknjh9.jpg

Real reverse gusty fsctory weave.
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm341/lpponygirl/B76ED4DF-4BC7-4D2A-A5C2-F3EAB99A2FDC_zpspscqgeep.jpg

Red haired tootsie hair comparison with reverse gusty.
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm341/lpponygirl/F049AF7E-2338-47C6-AF8E-8ECA5E119940_zpsbyarmewz.jpg

Hair comparison. Real reverse gusty on left. Fake reverse gusty on right.
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm341/lpponygirl/9644FC59-573A-42E0-BAF0-ACB5C001BD43_zpsvolfwxjf.jpg

Real reverse gusty has Darker green stripe.
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm341/lpponygirl/80753E3E-25BF-4EEA-9B0F-51BAF26CA5D0_zpso6hnfjmw.jpg

The real reverse gustys also have brown eyeliner which none of the fakes have.

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm341/lpponygirl/8C449171-46E4-4241-BA74-C4C37A6D7B0C_zpsqmpippp4.jpg
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:38:35 PM by Ember1 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal