collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rusty  (Read 9635 times)

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
Rusty
« on: November 08, 2017, 09:14:20 AM »
Is reverse gusty a nirvana
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Rusty
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
I can't answer that question, but...
I have to say, I *love* the "Rusty" name for Reverse-Gusty!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 05:06:10 PM »
Yes she is. I have the confirned one found by Wolfchick all those years ago.
There is an informative thread about her here.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=377973.30

Shes most likely a Scandinavian prototype so yes she is a nirvana. .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:59:51 PM by Ember1 »
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 05:29:47 PM »
there are so many rare ponies
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 06:47:28 AM »
We have no real idea who/what/why she was made or what she truly is and we may never know.

She is currently under the nirvana umbrella even though she is marked Hong Kong under her feet.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
This is true but we have done extensive comparisions and if i were a betting woman id wager she was prototyped for the fairy tale scandinavian line. ;)
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 05:06:48 PM »
That thread is extremely informative and interesting. I don't know much about Nirvanas, so it's p jaw-dropping to see some of you guys so dedicated to being able to figure out what's real, what's fake, what's a prototype, what's a variant, etc.
It's a shame all the pics in that thread are dead links now tho.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 05:28:42 AM »
That thread is extremely informative and interesting. I don't know much about Nirvanas, so it's p jaw-dropping to see some of you guys so dedicated to being able to figure out what's real, what's fake, what's a prototype, what's a variant, etc.
It's a shame all the pics in that thread are dead links now tho.

It is a real shame :( sadly Photobucket no longer allows third party hosting, so many images have lost -_-

Love pkw xxx

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 01:19:48 AM »
This is true but we have done extensive comparisions and if i were a betting woman id wager she was prototyped for the fairy tale scandinavian line. ;)

As you guys know, I'm a well entrenched cynic for the Reverse Gusty (I also love Rusty as a name for her!) thing, but I do believe the one you guys are talking about is probably the real deal. Just we know that a lot of fakes were made and sold so that every one that comes up, if it doesn't have a traceable record going back, it's worth treating with suspicion.

I think when we had that big discussion which I am too lazy to reread, it was noted that she had glitter symbols and green eyes. Scandinavian Gusty is the logical connection but as PKW said we still are always hypothesising. Whether a prototype or a batch of mishairing is unclear. I suspect there are only a couple of real ones and a lot of customs and forgeries which make it seem like there are a lot more. If there are only a couple then maybe they were prototypes for marketing or to send out to stores or whatever. It's interesting. I am still cynical of most every Reverse Gusty that comes up because of the past history of fraud relating to her - but I do accept there are at least one or two which are real and which we have probably gone as far as we can right now to explain.

MIND you, it's been 20 years for me with baby Susie, almost, and the catalogue Lady Pinwheel posted the other day blew that wide open because Susie's right there in that Hasbro catalogue from 92. So it's not impossible a similar thing doesn't exist for RG. We just haven't come across it yet.

Anyone with the Hasbro catalogue for any part of Scandinavia in 1986ish? ;) Worth a shot...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ember1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 07:16:35 AM »
That would be awesome if anyone had a scandinavian catalogue

There were originally two confirmed reverse gustys that were found in the late 1990s. The first confirmed one was found by wolfchick in a Uk pony lot. We know the uk was a dumping ground for prototypes so that may explain how she got there.

Wolfchick sold her to brickhaven who sold her to Stormy who sold her to
Sarahbee who sold her to me. So she has been extremely well documented and had some famous owners in the collecting world. I believe she was also shown at ponycon.

The second one was found in the late 90s as well by the delaneys. I believe a member here now owns her.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:24:52 AM by Ember1 »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 07:30:52 AM »
That would be awesome if anyone had a scandinavian catalogue

There were originally two confirmed reverse gustys that were found in the late 1990s. The first confirmed one was found by wolfchick in a Uk pony lot. We know the uk was a dumping ground for prototypes so that may explain how she got there.

Wolfchick sold her to brickhaven who sold her to Stormy who sold her to
Sarahbee who sold her to me. So she has been extremely well documented and had some famous owners in the collecting world. I believe she was also shown at ponycon.

The second one was found in the late 90s as well by the delaneys. I believe a member here now owns her.

Yep. Those are the two I'm talking about.

The UK isn't a dumping ground for prototypes at all, only for UK related ponies like Susie or the Schooltime ponies. We didn't have that Gusty here, so normally there wouldn't be a connection. But with Scandinavia there is a special circumstance. It seems as though a lot of Scandianavian early release ponies, including Scandi Gusty and associates, were released in UK packages marked Hasbro UK and in English. There are a lot of examples of this happening, so it seems possible that a lot of these were packaged and promoted from the UK and shipped there for whatever reason afterwards. That would be my best guess for how Rusty Gusty ended up here in the first place.

Unfortunately all the fraudulent activity blurs the issue and means we may never really know how many there were/are and what their provenance really is.

US prototypes (like the Bluebelle with CC's symbol) turn up in the US, mostly around Rhode Island.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 05:43:14 PM »
I've got the one that was owned by the Delaneys. I can't remember the chain of ownership; I would need to look it up. I remember I bought her from someone whose Ebay name was/is browncatpurrs. She was also a member here, though I can't think of her Arena name right now. Ummm, I think she's in Australia or New Zealand. (It's been a few years since the sale; my memory is fuzzy.)
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
I've got the one that was owned by the Delaneys. I can't remember the chain of ownership; I would need to look it up. I remember I bought her from someone whose Ebay name was/is browncatpurrs. She was also a member here, though I can't think of her Arena name right now. Ummm, I think she's in Australia or New Zealand. (It's been a few years since the sale; my memory is fuzzy.)

Satin Slipper me thinks?

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 08:44:35 PM »
Hmm, no, I don't think that was it, but thanks for trying to help me remember!

There was one other owner in the chain. This person bought my Rusty from the Delaneys, but didn't keep her for very long, just a few months I think. Then browncatpurrs bought her, and eventually sold her to me.

Hmm, I guess Satin Slipper could be the other link in the chain I just mentioned. I really need lto dig this up before the info gets lost to time, don't I?

EDIT: OK, I got off my lazy/tired butt to quickly check my email records. I bought my Rusty in 2013. The seller's real name is Terrie; she posted a PC here at the time. Here's the chain of ownership: Apparently found in a UK market, sold to the Delaneys, then to Wildfire, then to browncatpurrs/Terrie/Arenaname??, then to me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:58:34 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 07:12:39 AM »
Hmm, no, I don't think that was it, but thanks for trying to help me remember!

There was one other owner in the chain. This person bought my Rusty from the Delaneys, but didn't keep her for very long, just a few months I think. Then browncatpurrs bought her, and eventually sold her to me.

Hmm, I guess Satin Slipper could be the other link in the chain I just mentioned. I really need lto dig this up before the info gets lost to time, don't I?

EDIT: OK, I got off my lazy/tired butt to quickly check my email records. I bought my Rusty in 2013. The seller's real name is Terrie; she posted a PC here at the time. Here's the chain of ownership: Apparently found in a UK market, sold to the Delaneys, then to Wildfire, then to browncatpurrs/Terrie/Arenaname??, then to me.

This sound familiar to me :)

I *think* BabyDoll has a Reverse Gusty as well.....

I do indeed remember seeing the Reverse Gusty at PonyCon in Nottingham, I popped her head off and looked inside too :p It was great to actually see her, so often we only get to work with pictures when it comes to rare ponies.

Taffeta is right that the fakes really ruined that pony and have made it so much harder to trace her identity.

Going OT: Ember1 were you ever able to track down the source of the CP Sundance catalogue image or any other information about it? :) As in which catalogue did it came from? ;) I recall one of you friends, who collect dolls, found the image on a dolly forum/website.

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal